Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok! I need help with my FPS :( I give up!

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Venomania
    Make sure you use the 305.67 drivers, they make a big difference and are perfectly stable. I've not had a single issue with them. 

Where to get the 305.67 beta drivers? I just checked on nvidia.com (both uk and US sites), and the 304.79 is still the latest available

Here you go: http://www.nvidia.com/content/devzone/opengl-driver-4.3.html scroll down to the download section.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Gonna have tO try the 305.67 drivers seems like the only thing left to try other than over clocking my CPU.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Check to see if anything is using your harddrive.  Might seem odd but I actually lose fps by alot when I activate my virus scanner to do a full scan.  Otherwise I get 60+ all the time on my GTX 670.

BOOYAKA!

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by heartless

I do have 305.67 drivers and did see a significant fps increase after upgrading from 304.79.

I haven't had any issues with this version of the dev drivers. As a matter of fact, I've experienced an increase in FPS in most games I play. I would strongly recommend installing 305.67. Do a clean install but keep in mind that it'll reset all of your custom profiles in the Nvidia control panel, if you have any.

there is no 305.67 driver as far as i can see.

• HiromantHiromant Member UncommonPosts: 99
    The game seems to be extremely CPU dependent at this point, only people with 5 GHz Ivy Bridge i7-s are reporting 60+ fps even in big fights.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by heartless

I do have 305.67 drivers and did see a significant fps increase after upgrading from 304.79.

I haven't had any issues with this version of the dev drivers. As a matter of fact, I've experienced an increase in FPS in most games I play. I would strongly recommend installing 305.67. Do a clean install but keep in mind that it'll reset all of your custom profiles in the Nvidia control panel, if you have any.

there is no 305.67 driver as far as i can see.

Yes there is: http://us.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.3/windows/305.67_desktop_winvista_64bit_international.exe

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by s4nder
    The game seems to be extremely CPU dependent at this point, only people with 5 GHz Ivy Bridge i7-s are reporting 60+ fps even in big fights.

Actually that's not true. I don't have that processor and i have no issues with big fights or multiple players in the area. I have a Phenom II X6 1035T Processor and i get around 56-60 while i have been playing around large populations. The problem he's having might be more complicated. I noticed that my antiviral app Avast was causing all kinds of processing issues while playing until i configured it properly.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by s4nder

This is false. The limiting factor is always the GPU, unless your CPU is dual core. Even a low grade Quad Core can handle the game, the settings depend on the GPU only

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Update: I over clocked my q9550 15% to almost 3.3ghz and ran prime95 to test it. Seems to be stable. I have the 305.67 drivers but haven't installed yet, obviously I can't test with GW2 yet anyway so I may wait to see if the CPU was just a really bad bottleneck saturday before trying the new drivers.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

no way in hell your video card is the problem. my laptop can run the game at like 40fps high settings it is an i5 2.3ghz with a much much worse graphics card than you.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Update: I over clocked my q9550 15% to almost 3.3ghz and ran prime95 to test it. Seems to be stable. I have the 305.67 drivers but haven't installed yet, obviously I can't test with GW2 yet anyway so I may wait to see if the CPU was just a really bad bottleneck saturday before trying the new drivers.

There's a stress test in just over an hour, there's your chance to test it out. Let us know how it goes if you try it. :)

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Aye your performance is realy poor and something is not right there.

BWE 3 i had 5 / 15 fps with my radeon 4850 <----2008 card -_-
    Saturday morning a patch came out, intalled and whoop had 40 fps.
    Each weekend after BWE 3 the performance got better and better.

last Stress test i had 60 fps when doing Dynamic Events with 3 or 5 people
    Only time i dipped to 10 fps on HIGH setting was when the zerg of players entered the door with hundres of people.

Only advise i can give you is.

Go to Guru 3d.

download Driver sweeper
    Install it
    Run it
    Clear all Nvidia drivers for your card
    Install the latest Beta drivers from their site

Or download Guildwars 2 on a new hardrive so you have the game installed on 2 locations.
    Ive had a problem with WoW one time where it just dint want to work on my C drive for some reason.
    After redownloading WoW and setting it up on my D drive it ran perfectly again.

But man you should outperform my card with your eyes closed, something is not right there m8 :(

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by eyelolled

I am running a GTX570 and it ran great on the WHQL drivers. I don't know about the beta drivers (even if Anet suggests it)

Same here, GTX570 with WHQL drivers, I had some framerate dips a few times but they were gone after I turned the reflections off.

I'm running on Phenom II 970 processor, and I hear intels (i5's and i7's) would be a lot better for GW2 but I dont have much problems with my AMD even with very long view distance and everything else turned high except the reflections. Now it only dips when it gets extremely crowded.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Phenom II x4 955 BE (quad) OC'd to 4.0ghz on air (not much, but not bad)

Completely removed than reinstalled latest 12.8 drivers for 6870, tonight using MSI/FuMark,built in CCC util to overclock and test 6870 to push max performance in prep for Friday night.

CCcleaner OCZ Agility III SSD drive (where GW2 is installed)

Going to play with memory timings/speed a bit tonight too (Kingston HyperX 8gb 1333mhz) going to try and push up a bit.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Loke666
    How long since you installed Windows on the computer? If it was over a year ago you might consider reinstalling it (and then get new drivers). Windows tends to fill with crap

QFT

Often when reinstalling issues that you've been trying to fix for some time are automagically solved.

Personally I wipe my drive and do a clean install of windows starting out with all the latest drivers (and only installing programs when I use them the first time), before every mmo launch and then make a backup straight after so for some period of time (until most drivers and most used software are outdated again) can just recover a backup whenever I can't get a software easily resolved (recovering a backup is like 15-20 mins. on my machine so why bother trying to find the issue anyways as it will almost always take longer). So very late tonight or tomorrow that's what I'm gonna do so I can have my machine all fresh for GW2 on saturday morning.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I would suggest waiting for the upcoming 'GW2 driver set' and giving that a try. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is a CPU bottleneck. Your processor is a bit on the older side (though by no means bad!) and GW2 seems to really like CPU power.
    I'm at work, so sadly I will not be able to test it today ;(

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by SonicTHI

Originally posted by seridan

Originally posted by s4nder The game seems to be extremely CPU dependent at this point, only people with 5 GHz Ivy Bridge i7-s are reporting 60+ fps even in big fights.
    This is false. The limiting factor is always the GPU, unless your CPU is dual core. Even a low grade Quad Core can handle the game, the settings depend on the GPU only

The limiting factor in GW2 is the CPU up to i5:

The following chart contains data from recent stress tests that was pulled from players playing Guild Wars 2 on systems with an Intel Core i5 processor or better (ensuring the data reflects graphics card performance differences only).

That is NOT what he said and it is wrong to infer that from his statement.

Ya I have to agree inferring that the CPU Is the bottleneck under i5 by that statement is wrong. They just meant using overly fast and standard CPUs across all systems ensured that the CPU wasn't affecting the data comparison.

Ok I installed the 105.67 drivers work fine with TSW now just gotta hope it works for gw2 everyone pray for me! Lol

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    with that setup with some things turned down you should be able to hit 60 fps.. i'd try the 305 series drivers like others above said.. take reflections to off or at least terrain & sky.. make sure supersampling is not on, also turn off vsync. I'd also turn post processing off. If still having issues mess with shadows and see if it helps

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    with that setup with some things turned down you should be able to hit 60 fps.. i'd try the 305 series drivers like others above said.. take reflections to off or at least terrain & sky.. make sure supersampling is not on, also turn off vsync. I'd also turn post processing off. If still having issues mess with shadows and see if it helps

Ya i already had most of those settings off, way less options than the auto-detect btw. Auto-detect always seems out of whack in most games though.

Bad news, I stress tested my overclock and in less than ten minutes the temp got up to over 80 on two of the cores. Throttled my OC back to 10% and gonna test it hopefully this will work better. Nothing I can do to increase the cooling right now unfortunately.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Have to agree with everyone suggesting a fresh install. I have the same system except I have an i5 2500k, with the same GTX 560Ti GPU and didn't have any problems with the settings on max. There shouldn't be that huge a difference between me and you. Especially if they swapped to using heavy GPU instead of CPU.