Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attunement 2.0

MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114

Remember when the best ever xpact the first xpact that came out for WoW? Remember Burning Crusades when WoW was at it's top peak with players. When You went to Kara just to wait for other guild members to come on so you can start a 8 pls hour raid and while you wait you flagged just to have fun with the opposite faction.

I sure remember those days and Blizz is trying disparately hard to bring part of that back with MoP for example remember the grind we had to do just to get attuned for Kara. Forget the attunement for Black Temple that was very hard but fulfilling time well spent knowing you achieved something with in your game.

How is Blizz bringing attunement back with MoP? Good question I'll tell you in a very cleaver way. Let me break it down.

"With Mists of Pandaria on September 25

Valor can be earned again.

Characters can earn up to 1000 Valor per week, and carry a maximum of 3000 Valor.
        Daily quests, random Scenarios, random Heroic dungeons, and all levels of raiding will reward Valor.
        Valor will be used to purchase ilvl 489 gear in Mists of Pandaria.

The Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, and August Celestials factions will sell this gear.
            Revered reputation with each faction will be required."

Sound familiar let me demonstrate:

The following quest chain needs to be completed for attunement into the Black Temple:

• N [70] Oronu the Elder: Kill Oronu the Elder and take his Orders from Akama.
  • N [70] The Warden's Cage: Go to the Warden's Cage, and speak with Sanoru, one of the Ashtongue Deathsworn.
  • N [70] Akama: Speak to Akama. He is in a portion of the Warden's Cage accessed by a passage under the pool of water at the end of the room.
  • N [70D] A Mysterious Portent: Upon finding Udalo, you receive the next quest: Apparently the word "ata'mal" is written on the ground near him. Return to Akama.
  • N [70] : This quest is the final reward quest for the pre raid Akama chain of quests. Akama places the Heart of Fury into the Medallion of Karabor. Take the Medallion to A'dal in Shattrath City; A'dal tells you of a vision, of Akama and Maiev (Illidan's prisoner, "held" by Akama) fighting through the Black Temple with a "shadowy figure" - you. You also receive 11g 40s, 1000 reputation with the Sha'tar and 1000 reputation with the Ashtongue Deathsworn, and a choice of [Ashtongue Blade], , [Staff of the Ashtongue Deathsworn]. Your reputation should be 1925 at this point (non humans). Afterwards N [70] The Secret Compromised Seer Olum spawns in Serpentshrine Cavern after slaying Fathom-Lord Karathress (boss of the 25-man SSC raid, not to be confused with Warlord Kalithresh, of the 5-man Steamvault!). He then sends you to Akama in Shadowmoon Valley
N      [70] Seek Out the Ashtongue Find Akama's Deathsworn inside the Black Temple.
As you can plainly see Black Temple by far remains at one point in WoW one of the hardest raids to get attuned for. Obviously in MoP the grind is back with a ton of daily quest to get the ilvl 489 more reputation building just like you had to with BC and apparently a little more difficult then Kara was but not as difficult then Black Temple so a happy medium if you will.

On a finial note MoP will be offering World Boss again along with encouraging faction raids both of these are torn from the original xpac Burning Crusades. It would not surprse me at all if they try to bring back another Hala type pvp to MoP to make up for the lack of Arena play that will take effect with MoP but that is a different subject for a diffrent time.

Conclusion the more things change the more they stay the same.

Comments

• petespripetespri Member Posts: 15
    Not even close to the same.
  • MrNoMrNo Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by petespri
    Not even close to the same.

I fail to see your reason for this statement. Concedering rep grind will once again play a big part in MoP. Just like with BC please explian.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

edit, Thinking of wrong raid lol

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Black temple attunemnts: if you were ready for BT, you did the previous raids. Very simple attunemnet.

I dont remember the quest in Shadow moon being that easy.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by MrNo
    Originally posted by Nitth Black temple attunemnts: if you were ready for BT, you did the previous raids. Very simple attunemnet.

Was thinking of hyjal attunement i think, witht he vials and such.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by MrNo

Originally posted by Nitth Black temple attunemnts: if you were ready for BT, you did the previous raids. Very simple attunemnet.

Was thinking of hyjal attunement i think, witht he vials and such.

Ah yes very good point then. Yes unfortently blizz toned attunement way down after the BC xpac. I acualy miss Attunement game play in WoW hope MoP can curve or rekindle it in some ways.

• ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Nothing new, innovative, intriguing or interesting. Move along folks, nothing to see here.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    looking forward to MoP

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Not really the same as tbc attunement chain, which was awesome imo, tbc rep grind was required to gain keys to individual instances, which was required to progress the attunement chain. Each instance had its own rep currency. Mop sounds more like wotlk in its latter days.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187

You had to grind, and do dailies to get the right ilvl in cataclysm too, more so at the start. It is going to be exactly the same. Also Wow hit the peak of it's players in WotLK a few months into it. ;)

Mop should be the most content (new content) heavy exp. They have some good ideas to bring the old school playstyle of WoW back, lets see how it works...

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Not really the same as tbc attunement chain, which was awesome imo, tbc rep grind was required to gain keys to individual instances, which was required to progress the attunement chain. Each instance had its own rep currency. Mop sounds more like wotlk in its latter days.

Reason I used Black Temple for the example was to show readers what it was like to play WoW back in the day were Attunement ment something. Granted MoP play style will be diffrent for attuning for rep for ilvl 489 gear but with out playing MoP yet I can not compare it to BC rep grinding. End result just like in BC it was all about the gear.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I miss attunements and keys - but I guess looking back, me having to be online so my guild could raid UBRS as I was the only one with a key for a while or having to rush some new people through dungeons so they could get attuned for SSC was probably not all that much fun back then.  And the more casual nature of WoW today cannot really entertain such mechanics but I do think they should be a quest line for all 5mans and raids that need to be completed but solo-able.