Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HOW IS THE PVP????

ShakahzuluShakahzulu Member Posts: 1
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageJUST WANDERIN I LOVE PVP SO HOW IS IT?

Comments

• S31ApocS31Apoc Member Posts: 37
    The best ever, will take time to get good..  but it really makes you think about things..   also there is real risk

§31-ÀÞØÇ
    http://www.s31clan.com
    You Will all Beg for Mercy! In Vain!!
    "Regis Mark V"
    Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold !!
    "Klingon Proverb"
    As a Human I will not Worship any being out there! I can not Lower myself !!
    "Apocalypse"
    Can you love a creature that would even ask you to kill your own son? no matter the reason
    "Apocalypse"
    Konichiwa Bitches!!

• ArcticblueArcticblue Member Posts: 270

Well I have not been in PvP fights so much but sometimes I throw myself in a fight if I get a chance. and like one time (not at bandcamp) some guy had blown my corpmate up so we did have a huntingparty in the system looking for him.
    I sat out in a cruiser (thorax) fitted with small guns and large drones and one heavy armortanking, so I meet the enemy at one belt where he just had shot a miner so I start my attack on him, he was in a battleship (Tempest) and I was in a cruiser (Thorax) but I know my friends will come along if I just can hold him long enough so I tell the guys to warp in on me while I start my attack.
    First I lock him (goes fast) and start to warpscramble him as I don't want him to escape as he did earlier that day, launch my drones and keep orbiting him at close range while shooting at him with my guns too.
    His shield goes down fast while he is busy shooting at my drones and using missiles at me, but I held my ground and while I was able to keep tanking him quite well after he sends out his drones (and my drones where gone) I knew I could not hold this for very much longer so I target his drones and start shooting them, all the way I still keep warpscrambling him and knew if I loose now he will escape.

Then my reinforment arrives, one corpmate and some friends, my corpmate in a battleship with warpscrambler so I know that I can loose my ship and know that my enemy will loose his.
    Just as I loose my thorax and warp out (to save my pod) and at the station my enemy's pod arrive shortly after... they had finnished his battleship and time to calculate losses....

Our loss: One Prophecy battlecruiser (the ship my corpmate first loose) 40 million isk with equipment (roughly), one Thorax cruiser about 12 million with equipment.

His loss: One Tempest battleship... 130-150 million isk (he had some expensive equipment).

• FatalissFataliss Member Posts: 15

imagepvp in EVE ??? well it´s the best pvp game on the market ,there are nothing called "uber" in this game ,if you know what you are doing and are prepared the chances that you can kill a older player than you are is pretty big ,and you really gets a thrill out of it ....2-3 3mill sp player can easy take out 1 10 mill sp player ,its all about planning and electronic warfare....also there are no "right" set-ups for the ships ,one example: if a raven (caldari battleship ) is fitted to destroy battleships it will not stand a chance against a couple of interceptors,well infact a single well trained interceptor pilot will eat that raven for breakfast.there are no pilots or ships in EVE there are safe in 0,4-0,0 systems...thats why i looove this game so much ....image

• ezra-sezra-s Member Posts: 14

It is just thrilling as the most. You will notice it in your heart beating at a very fast rate the first time you engage in combat with a gang of mates.

• ArchaArcha Member Posts: 32

For months, every time i entered a pvp fight. My entire body started shivering.
    At first i thought i was cold. But i didn't feel cold.
    Later i thought i simply was scared or something, but i didn't feel that afraid.
    After carefully asking around i found out that it was adrenaline pumping through my veins.

The pvp in eve is very tense and hardcore.
    If you die you lose your ship and all the stuff fitted to the ship.

So your deathpenalty is very high.

Scary stuff:)

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

The pvp is good because its risk vs reward at its best. Means you start to sweat and adrenaline starts pumping through your veins. Unlike MMO's like WoW where every pvp encounter is just as unexciting as the last one.

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419
    I been PvPing since beta and still get the 'rush'. image
  • RabbidFerretRabbidFerret Member Posts: 92

Its like no other game. At times it can include some waiting, but only if you want to. Pvp gives a rush no matter what, and alot of that is due to the fact that when you lose a ship, its gone. You cant run back to your corpse and spawn again. Even better, when you kill a pilot, hes gone. Out of your space, back to a cloning station on the other side of the galaxy.

The big thing about pvp is not really the pvp itself. Huge player allainces thrive in 0.0 space, with thousands of players and no DEVs get in the way. Players declare war, take space and claim territory. You go on raids into enemy space, kicks ass. The fleet battles are awsome too, you can get some serious sized fleets. About 50 ships just waiting there, and they see the stargate start shooting liek crazy. Another 3 seconds seem like 3 hours and the whole enemy fleet uncloaks with the order of a commander. You know your target, lock him and hit the after burners.

Welcome to Eve pvp. I dont do it full time but when i can i join in on fleet ops and its a blast.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Originally posted by Shakahzulu
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageJUST WANDERIN I LOVE PVP SO HOW IS IT?

Can you say immature child?

It says you're 25 and live in Texas, but your spelling is horrible and you use all caps, so I highly doubt you're 25, and I this will be the first and last post on this thread.

What will he do next?
  • Erazor01Erazor01 Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Arcticblue

Well I have not been in PvP fights so much but sometimes I throw myself in a fight if I get a chance. and like one time (not at bandcamp) some guy had blown my corpmate up so we did have a huntingparty in the system looking for him.
    I sat out in a cruiser (thorax) fitted with small guns and large drones and one heavy armortanking, so I meet the enemy at one belt where he just had shot a miner so I start my attack on him, he was in a battleship (Tempest) and I was in a cruiser (Thorax) but I know my friends will come along if I just can hold him long enough so I tell the guys to warp in on me while I start my attack.
    First I lock him (goes fast) and start to warpscramble him as I don't want him to escape as he did earlier that day, launch my drones and keep orbiting him at close range while shooting at him with my guns too.
    His shield goes down fast while he is busy shooting at my drones and using missiles at me, but I held my ground and while I was able to keep tanking him quite well after he sends out his drones (and my drones where gone) I knew I could not hold this for very much longer so I target his drones and start shooting them, all the way I still keep warpscrambling him and knew if I loose now he will escape.
    Then my reinforment arrives, one corpmate and some friends, my corpmate in a battleship with warpscrambler so I know that I can loose my ship and know that my enemy will loose his.
    Just as I loose my thorax and warp out (to save my pod) and at the station my enemy's pod arrive shortly after... they had finnished his battleship and time to calculate losses....
    Our loss: One Prophecy battlecruiser (the ship my corpmate first loose) 40 million isk with equipment (roughly), one Thorax cruiser about 12 million with equipment.
    His loss: One Tempest battleship... 130-150 million isk (he had some expensive equipment).

As a fan of Planetside where PvP is constant and usually on the scale of 100+ on each side, your interesting reply gives me two questions:

1) It would seem that PvP tends to be in small groups with uneven numbers (was it maybe 5 vs 1 in this case?)  Is that a fair assessment?

2) How long did it take you to earn another 12M ISK to replace your cruiser?

• kingsownallkingsownall Member Posts: 7
    the pvp in this game is basically like most ppl said. a adreniline rush. and boy did i get it. first time u pvp ur body starts shivering, plus your heart rate goes up. overtime u lose the shivering but u still get the increased heart rate
  • WrayethWrayeth Member Posts: 229

In a word: Intense.

EVE has the best PvP of any MMO I've played.

To begin with, victories are real because losses are real.  When your ship is shot up, it's gone.  Period.  If you had it insured you'll get an insurance payout, but it's never the full market value of the ship.  In addition to replacing the ship, you'll have to replace the modules (weapons, etc) that you had on it, and that can get expensive if you're going for real high-end stuff.  Also, if your ship is destroyed and the person who got you also kills your escape pod, you can lose skills if you don't have an up-to-date clone - another category where loss gives meaning to victory (skills are trained over time in EVE, so losing a skill because you now have more skillpoints than your grade of clone can handle is a particularly nasty setback).

Second, tactics actually matter - bringing your opponent to action in a situation that favors you is the key factor in PvP.  People set elaborate ambushes, use alternate travel routes to sneak up "behind" their enemies, even disguise combat ships as a mining op, then kill the pirates who come in to gank them.

Other things you will see in EVE that you won't see in other games:

Electronic warfare modules - jam up your opponent so he can't shoot back.

Warp scrambling modules - while active, shorts out your opponent's navigation computer so he can't run away (very short range module, though, so manuevering into a position where you CAN lock him down requires tactics and strategy - there are dedicated ships and pilots who specialize in this area).

Mobile warp disruptors: another tool used to force an opponent or group of opponents into action, it's a structure deployed in space that can prevent anyone who enters it from warping away (and if they come out of warp right in the middle of the "bubble", they're generally toast if you have superior firepower).

Immense fleet battles - a fight with 150 players vs. 150 players is not unheard-of.

EDIT:  As for the detractors saying you have to mine incessantly to replace losses, that's BS.  I haven't mined in almost a year, and I've lost several battleships during that time in PvP (also killed quite a number). 

You can make money by killing NPC pirates and collecting their bounties quite handily.  Combine that income with the insurance payout, and you can generally keep enough money on hand to replace what you lose (depending on how high-end you went with your setup).  You will have to take time out on some occasions to build up your character's bank account to cover future losses, but it's not all that bad.  Still, if you lose a battleship you can expect it to hurt - it's generally a pretty large setback in terms of cash...but not the end of the world as long as you had it insured.

-Wrayeth
    "Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!"