Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The GW2 Calm Down Thread

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Fuck that, I'm stoked.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Derpybird

What are you supposed to do when:

1. You've logged about 150 hours in-game already and you can't wait to go back
    2. You've seen only about 12% of the actual map
    3. You can't wait to do the jumping puzzles and discover hidden areas
    4. You have seen the promise of DE chaining and meta events
    5. You would happily play almost any profession because they're so different
    6. You sometimes just stop and look around you in-game because it's so breathtaking
    7. Every other game you play pales in comparison
    8. You trust ANet because they've delivered, so far, on everything they promised
    9. You will never have to pay another subscription fee for no new content again
    10. And there is a pirate costume waiting for you?
    Of course the game isn't perfect, but when you know what's waiting for you, even if there may be kinks at launch, should you not be excited? And can expectations be overly-high if they're based on actual experience?

forgot about crafting.. been watching the crafting videos more and there is a  LOT of stuff to do/make for crafting looks like a lot of fun 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

Now Take A deep breath.  Let it out.... And again.  

Now Push!

You got this, breathe, I can see the head. Push!!!

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by Badaboom

why is your post blank?

Guess I'm so excited I broke it 

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

why is your post blank?

And this is why we can't have nice things.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    A game will be good or bad regardless of how excited I am before launch.

I'm losing my F'ING MIND!!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by swordmark45
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn GW2 is upon us.  Woot!!!  Now Take A deep breath.  Let it out.... And again.  Remember that overly high expectations often lead to dissapointment. Now breath and let it out.  Let the overly high expectations leave your body.  Good job.   Now see yourself playing.  It's gonna be fun, but not perfect.  Remember that the first few days are going to have glitches and very crowded.  When this happens, I want you to breath.. in out in out.  It's part of the experience of early adopters.  If You begin to get agitated,  I ant you to breath and walk away for 30 minutes and then you can come back.   breath in, breath out.  Get the ready to have fun,with reasonable expectations.    See you in game.
    You fogot to go to your happy place.

Mine is a nude redhead woman in a waterfalls with cold water pouring down over her. 

ooppps  sorry  went there too soon plus i married her

Hey! I married a redhead too.

errr. Well she used to be anyway.

• ShiotcrockShiotcrock Member Posts: 87

I haven't seen this much Hype (good Hype) for a game since WOW. Back then I didn't care aobut WOW just EQ2.

Warhammer and Rift never got this much hype even though they were both pretty good games.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

why is your post blank?

I get it!, you are speachless on how awesome this game is going to be!?.

Amiright?.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

im so blessed to have a pretty busy schedule today and tomorrow. keeps my mind off of the ludicrously out of proportion anticipation that keeps bouncing around my head.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

GW2 is upon us.  Woot!!!  Now Take A deep breath.  Let it out.... And again.  Remember that overly high expectations often lead to dissapointment. Now breath and let it out.  Let the overly high expectations leave your body.  Good job.

Now see yourself playing.  It's gonna be fun, but not perfect.  Remember that the first few days are going to have glitches and very crowded.  When this happens, I want you to breath.. in out in out.  It's part of the experience of early adopters.  If You begin to get agitated,  I ant you to breath and walk away for 30 minutes and then you can come back.

breath in, breath out.  Get the ready to have fun,with reasonable expectations.

See you in game.

No expectations heres only intentions cause I know whats in store.  The only dilema I have is what do to with my time because so much of the game I want to do and see RIGHT AWAY which isnt possible.  So yea I have to check my passion for completion and let it guide me through this journey.  Thats gonna be the hard part.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Calm down and ... dance!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrsgm4T7Wk

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Screw that, I feel like a little kid right before Christmas!   I'm so excited I got my whole family excited just from my excitement because this is so exciting waiting for such and exciting game to come out I can't wait until Saturday well I hope they start early like on Friday like they said they might that would be so exciting I can't wait for GW2 to come out I want it to come out right now 'cuz I want to play right now because I'm so excited!!!!!!

Sorry about that, I got a little excited.  :)

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

GW2 is upon us.  Woot!!!  Now Take A deep breath.  Let it out.... And again.  Remember that overly high expectations often lead to dissapointment. Now breath and let it out.  Let the overly high expectations leave your body.  Good job.

Now see yourself playing.  It's gonna be fun, but not perfect.  Remember that the first few days are going to have glitches and very crowded.  When this happens, I want you to breath.. in out in out.  It's part of the experience of early adopters.  If You begin to get agitated,  I ant you to breath and walk away for 30 minutes and then you can come back.

See you in game.

Mine is a nude redhead woman in a waterfalls with cold water pouring down over her. 

She walked up behind you right then didn't she?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I am calm, because I am meh.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by modus
    I am calm, because I am meh.

We should be proud about this comment. This guy has only made 2 over this year and only 12 in around seven years :) But is understable, he is meh after all :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Hush little gamers and don't you cry

GW2 is gonna make you smile

If the GW2 is gonna fail

Blizzard is gonna keep up sales.

I know, doesn't really work, but remember breath in, breath out.   Just like a previous poster said.  Go to your happy place when the excitement is too much.

I self identify as a monkey.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn GW2 is upon us.  Woot!!!  Now Take A deep breath.  Let it out.... And again.  Remember that overly high expectations often lead to dissapointment. Now breath and let it out.  Let the overly high expectations leave your body.  Good job.   Now see yourself playing.  It's gonna be fun, but not perfect.  Remember that the first few days are going to have glitches and very crowded.  When this happens, I want you to breath.. in out in out.  It's part of the experience of early adopters.  If You begin to get agitated,  I ant you to breath and walk away for 30 minutes and then you can come back.   breath in, breath out.  Get the ready to have fun,with reasonable expectations.    See you in game.

Hey! I married a redhead too.

errr. Well she used to be anyway.

:) then we are in the same boat... we know when not to cross the line

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Toxia

See you in game.

She walked up behind you right then didn't she?

LOL.... that was a good one.... I wish I could say yes but no she didn't

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

By the Power of GreySkull... calm down.

• teethteeth Member Posts: 67

See you in game.

THANK YOU. Sincerely, I appreciate the rare realists that occassionaly show up in these forums. I consider myself a devout GW2 fan, but the Kool-Aid hasn't been powerful enough to alter my expectations of what will most likely come to pass. Without a doubt (on my part), it's gonna be a lot of fun, it's gonna have glitches, and the WvW servers are gonna be slammed for awhile, but hey...it's all good. There may be log-in problems, there may be crashes, and even my whole guild may not get on the same server, but 'tis life. Cheers, OP, for keepin' it real and have fun!

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    ANET begs to differ. If they wanted us to calm down, they wouldn't keep teasing us with tests!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I'm gonna daaaaaaaaaaance, for the next two daaaaaaaaaayyyyyys, I'm gonna daaaaaaaanceeeeeeee yeeeeeeaaah, for the next two daaaaaayyyyyys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODPojpQdIt0&feature=watch_response

Ups! :p

I mean... I'm calm and excited at the same time, gonna wake up early in the morning at saturday so I can enter immediately! ^_^

See all of you lovely people there!

Jade Quarry server, Dumeka Shoren!

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by evolver1972

Screw that, I feel like a little kid right before Christmas!   I'm so excited I got my whole family excited just from my excitement because this is so exciting waiting for such and exciting game to come out I can't wait until Saturday well I hope they start early like on Friday like they said they might that would be so exciting I can't wait for GW2 to come out I want it to come out right now 'cuz I want to play right now because I'm so excited!!!!!!

Sorry about that, I got a little excited.  :)

image Ok someone needs a pill

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    Originally posted by Drachasor
    Things will not calm down Mgil Brtsn.  They will in fact, calm up.

Agreed.

I'm glad someone appreciated the reference.  Well, at least I hope that's what happened.