Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zhaitan "Get Ready!" *Spoiler*

sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Comments

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    MAD HOUSE!!!!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Thanks for the new desk top back ground that picture is really good. If Zhaitan is anything like that I think we might waht to rethink attacking or with that tounge it has.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Might want to rethink diapers during battle. O_O

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    damn it I shouldn't have looked now i spoiled the surprise for myself ><

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by ZekeAsukura
    damn it I shouldn't have looked now i spoiled the surprise for myself ><

Tell me about it, avoiding spoilers for GW2 is an epic gauntlet of temptation.

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    Is this new concept art cause I never seen this one before.
    It seems that way, but no source was givin on a thread I found over at GW2Guru

Carl Sagan-

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Damn!!!! that look's f'in awesome!!!
  • BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Is that a undead dragon made out of dead dragons?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Where I can get that picture? I want it for wallpaper
  • Nightsong89Nightsong89 Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Banisco

Yes... that is how Zhaitan is described by ArenaNet.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Solveig - Tiro of Terminus
  • sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    are all dragons available or will some of the other drangons come with future patches/expansions?
  • XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Yep his body is made up from many different dragons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhaitan

That battle is going to be interesting, especially seeing as how the dragons power is supposed to rival or even surpass the gods. Hopefully they will be backing us up during the encounter. 

Originally posted by sammandar
    are all dragons available or will some of the other drangons come with future patches/expansions?

He's the only one set for release. 

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    are all dragons available or will some of the other drangons come with future patches/expansions (This)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Xerith

He's the only one set for release. 

That´s not correct... there are at least 5 Dragons in GW2:

Zhaitan, the Undead Dragon

Zhaitan will be the primary antagonist at the start of Guild Wars 2 and rightfully so. He awakens in 1219 AE (131 years after Lion’s Arch is retaken and 106 years before the start of GW2) on the sunken peninsula that once contained the great human Kingdom of Orr. As he awakes he brings the landmass back from the seabed causing massive damage from the tidal waves to the nearby Corsairs calling the broken islands of Orr their home, as well as the coasts along southern Tyria (flooding Lion’s Arch in the process). Zhaitan then enslaves the walking undead of Orr and brings the Corsairs ships up out of the water and uses them to block access to the rest of the world. He essentially comes out with a bang.

Since he’s the first dragon players will do battle against it can be assumed that the primary goal of the game will be the assault of Orr and the push into Arah, where he is currently residing. Can you take down this fearsome dragon? We won’t find out until the game launches proper. Nothing much is known about him beyond his power to raise the dead and him being the first main enemy in the GW2 series.

Jormag, the Ice Dragon

Jormag awakens in 1165 within Drakkar Lake (he can currently be seen there in GW:EN) at which point he’ll begin assaulting the Norn within the Northern Shiverpeaks. The Norn will fall in battle due to the fact that they each want to fight alone against him and will lose their land having to flee to the Southern Shiverpeaks. The Norn are currently engaged in battle with Jormag and his minions in order to retake their homelands.

Interesting Fact: The Sons of Svanir are a Norn cult dedicated to Jormag and work against the forces of good. For those of you who have played through the norn storyline in GW:EN, the “Norn Bear” quest line is just a small taste of the kind of influence Jormag will have over his shapeshifting followers in Guild Wars 2.

Kralkatorrik, the Crystal Dragon

Kralkatorrik will be the latest dragon to awake when you begin the game, awakening in 1320 AE within the Grothmar Wardowns inside of the Charr Homeland (currently visible in that location). He’ll make his way from there through the land once known as Ascalon and into the Crystal Desert where he’ll reside within the location currently known as Glint’s Lair. On his flight south, he’ll leave behind the Dragonbrand, a large area of land turned to crystal where his retainers reside within.

Pictured above, The Shatterer is a dragon that terrorizes the Dragonbrand, a massive scar in the landscape left in the wake of Kralkatorrik's flight south into the Crystal Desert.

This brand will also cut the human stronghold Ebonhawke off from the rest of the former kingdom of Ascalon. Between the charr (who notably consider Gwen, one of Ebonhawk’s founders, to be a bloodthirsty villain), the minions of Kralkatorrik spilling out of the Brand, and the many ghosts of Ascalon’s great war with the charr, the people of Ebonhawke certainly face many challenges ahead.

Meanwhile, due to the Crystal Dragon’s presence in the desert, direct access to Elona has been cut off. However, the Crystal Desert itself is also of special significance in Tyrian history. It is here that adventurers formerly reached a state of Ascension with the help of Turai Ossa, enabling them to overcome not only the Mursaat, but the Titans which the Lich attempted to unleash upon Tyria. Going even further back, the Forgotten Ones, a race of snakelike creatures that predates the arrival of humans in Tyrian lore, were also known to inhabit the region.

The “Unnamed Dragon” or Deep Sea Dragon

There is a dragon residing within the sea and no information is currently available on it, other than a short mention in the following interview:

The DSD (Deep Sea Dragon) is a fave on the boards primarily because we’ve been so quiet about it. Part of the reason for our reticence is that it does not yet have as much direct impact on our five primary races. I mean, you have four impossibly huge and deadly dragons to start with, and you want a fifth? Oooookay.

Primordus, the Fire Dragon

Primordus resides within the depths of Tyria (seen awakening in the final cinematic in GW:EN) and is the first to awaken in 1120 AE. His forces previously attempted to invade Tyria, led by the Great Destroyer (a simple minion within his vast army), but were defeated by a group of adventurers and the Dwarves after making a great sacrifice to turn themselves to stone to fight the Great Destroyer.

After he awakens the stone guardians guard the exits from the depths keeping Primordus and his minions locked deep away within the bowels of Tyria. Surprisingly, not much else is known and Primordus will not be the main dragon at the start of the game that players will face off against.

Well that’s the Eldar Dragons in Guild Wars 2. Are you excited to fight these beasts or are you worried that the forces of Tyria won’t be enough to defeat them all? Come to the Ten Ton Hammer community forums and share your thoughts.

source: http://www.tentonhammer.com/gw2/features/previews/elder-dragons

Originally posted by Honner
    Where I can get that picture? I want it for wallpaper

This is the only link that can be found AFAIK, other than that you can try searching it.

Carl Sagan-

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by sammyeli

click to enlarge.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

I wasn't saying he was the only dragon, I was saying he was the only elder dragon we will encounter in the game according to Ree Soesbee and Flannum. Which makes me wonder if they don't consider Kralkatorrik an elder dragon as we see a battle with him too. 
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Zhaitan ain't gawt shit on Bubbles >_>

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240
    I wasn't saying he was the only dragon, I was saying he was the only elder dragon we will encounter in the game according to Ree Soesbee and Flannum. Which makes me wonder if they don't consider Kralkatorrik an elder dragon as we see a battle with him too. 

The battle is versus The Shaterer who is like Kralkatorrik´s commander.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Oh, its just a big F'n chicken. Just unleash the hounds man. unleash the hounds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7t2TwysOok

How many air ships do you think we will need, because two look like they might wet Zhaitan's lower left lips O_O

Carl Sagan-

The battle is versus The Shaterer who is like Kralkatorrik´s commander.

Gotcha, I always seem to get them crisscrossed.