Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyway to verify reserved names before launch?

AreannaAreanna Member UncommonPosts: 55
I like many here have names in GW1 that I would love to use in GW2 during head start,  but afaik there is no way to verify if the names are saved etc or was the name reservation working during stress test?

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Areanna
    I like many here have names in GW1 that I would love to use in GW2 during head start,  but afaik there is no way to verify if the names are saved etc or was the name reservation working during stress test?

if you have GW1 you can see if its available there but many arent that will be available for GW2.. other than that I dont believe so. Also 1 word names are completely available as they didn't exist in GW1

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Two questions:

1) Have you logged in to GW1 during 2012?

2) Were the names you are looking to reserve on your GW1 account before July 31, 2012?

If you can answer yes to both of these questions, your names are reserved! :D

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

Also, they have to be PvE characters above lvl 10 (PvP names are not reserved)

On yesterday's stress test, if you tried to make a character with a reserved name, the game would tell you. Also, I tried making characters with my own reserved names and it worked. So I guess stress tests (if we have another one) are the way to test it.

• AreannaAreanna Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by MikeB

Two questions:

2) Were the names you are looking to reserve on your GW1 account before July 31, 2012?

Yes to all ..well here is hoping it all works as planned,  just would have been nice to have something on our accounts saying the names had been reserved.

Originally posted by Matheusor1

On yesterday's stress test, if you tried to make a character with a reserved name, the game would tell you. Also, I tried making characters with my own reserved names and it worked. So I guess stress tests (if we have another one) are the way to test it.

Ok thats good to know as I was able to make a character during stress test with one of my GW1 names! :)

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Two questions:

Probably self-evident, but:

3) have you linked your GW1 account with your new GW2 account?

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Ok thats good to know as I was able to make a character during stress test with one of my GW1 names! :)

or that the linking worked for sure, the HoM tab was there in the ach tab this time but empty :( ok wth I swear I quoted your other post lol.. >.<

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Two questions:

Do they reserve that name on every GW2 server?  Or once you pick a server it becomes available on the others? 

I didn't play GW1 but it would stink to not be able to pick a name because it was reserved by someone on another server.

Are special characters allowed?

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Do they reserve that name on every GW2 server?  Or once you pick a server it becomes available on the others? 

Names are global across all servers. There will be only one SephirohxXx in all of GW2

I  don't believe the level plays any part I check the original post  (http://www.arena.net/blog/reserving-your-character-name-for-guild-wars-2) and there was no mention of level restrictions.

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

Yeah, names were reserved yesterday just like they are supposed to be for launch. That being said, if you were able to create it, then you're all set :)

And you're right about the lvl 10/PvP restriction, I totally got that wrong, it's not true. Someone in my guild mentioned it being a possibility and I misinterpreted it, silly me.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

If you created the character on your account AND logged in with that character (which name you want reserved for) before July 31st, 2012. then you have your character name reserved. :)

EDIT: The level of the character does not matter, it can be freshly created lvl 1 character and the name will be reserved. The important thing is that you logged in with it and played for a while. 

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Two questions:

I didn't play GW1 but it would stink to not be able to pick a name because it was reserved by someone on another server.

Are special characters allowed?

Well, that's just a bonus which dedicated fans and existing playerbase gets... I think it's fair to grant us the option to save our character names which we had for years and grow to love them. Anyway those names are all 2+ words so the 1 worded names are free for anyone to use :)

No special characters are allowed, only letters and spaces from 3 to 19 characters.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by korent1991

Well, that's just a bonus which dedicated fans and existing playerbase gets... I think it's fair to grant us the option to save our character names which we had for years and grow to love them. Anyway those names are all 2+ words so the 1 worded names are free for anyone to use :)

No special characters are allowed, only letters and spaces from 3 to 19 characters.

I think it's lame that character names are unique over all servers.  I don't understand that.  But I also don't like the idea that you can only roll characters on one server either.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Yea they could have done username#XXXX the name and tied all your character names to that one or have first name/surname like bob benson, bob quaid and Jon benson.

but then again 19 spaces are long enough if you got a sort surname