Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So which bugs did you encounter this stress test?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

1. Warrior charge made your character instant die with sword+shield.

2. I couldnt find my friend in the very same city, standing next to each other. He wasnt near me at any time, like we were in different districts.

3. You cant join as party in sPvP

Comments

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

A couple of weird ones;

1. Getting pushed around in the world - by an invisible moving wall - happened in the Asuran starting area close to the bridge which wehn you cross it has a out of control golem event on the other side.

2. Underwater combat in sPvP - my utility skills changed or were removed from the ones I had placed.

• DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

A couple of weird ones;

1. Getting pushed around in the world - by an invisible moving wall - happened in the Asuran starting area close to the bridge which wehn you cross it has a out of control golem event on the other side.

2. Underwater combat in sPvP - my utility skills changed or were removed from the ones I had placed.

2 isn't a bug. There are some utilities/elites that can't be used underwater, unfortunately.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105
    Ride the lightning would relocate me to a random location in the map.
  • ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    None, touch wood but I didn't play for long..
  • NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    I had my share of the instakill with warrior's sword leap skill. Didn't always happen though, and didn't break my armor, so I'm guessing it got somehow categorized as fall damage.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    When I used Guardian 2h Sword teleport skill would phase me out (best description I have) then leave me as a corpse at my destination. Hope that gets fixed lol

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by LethalJaxx
    Ride the lightning would relocate me to a random location in the map.

I had this issue with Burning Speed as well, although it wasn't a random location.

In WvW it teleported me to a clifftop overlooking one of the keeps right at the edge of the map.  Effectively it put me outside the map and when I tried to run off towards one of the other maps I would sink into the ground and disappear.  Eventually I found a hidden drop and fell to my death.

It seemed to be affecting other classes too, because the first time I tried it I encountered an enemy ranger in the same location.

Outside of WvW Burning Speed would teleport me to the last location I had ported to.  For example, when I left the mist coming back from WvW that location then became my teleport point and I could run half a map away and use burning speed to teleport back there.

Later after zoning, the point where I zoned into the new map became my teleport point.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Most guild functions completely broken.

Skills that move your character make all objects in the world dissappear for a second.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

i came across quite a funny one

on the new spvp map occasionaly 1 of the oopossing team would spawn at our spawn point at the beginning of the fight so we all got chance to kixk seven bells out of him/her before the gate even opened.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    It would be much better and productive, if you reported these bugs straight to ANet. No one here is going to solve these bugs and no one here is going to benefit from listing bugs here, except for baiting trolls and haters.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    It would be much better and productive, if you reported these bugs straight to ANet. No one here is going to solve these bugs and no one here is going to benefit from listing bugs here, except for baiting trolls and haters.

They know about them, all of the above and more were posted on the bug report forums.  This is just a harmless discussion among GW2 fans about the bugs they encountered and the amusing situations they caused...

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

on the ranger = Barrage , kept shooting at the same area in on the "battlegrounds" was pretty nice to see but had to be reported ^^ felt abit OP :P

did get fixed when they took the server down the second time. :( so i couldn't pew pew from the roof and win :(

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

AFAIK, their official forums are down everytime theres no BWE or stress test going on.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

AFAIK, their official forums are down everytime theres no BWE or stress test going on.

Aye. And they broke the game pretty hard, wondering how much will be broken on saturday lol

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    i crashed only once, and a couple of times my abilities went wonky but everything else was fine.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Daggerjaydo

A couple of weird ones;

2 isn't a bug. There are some utilities/elites that can't be used underwater, unfortunately.

Never noticed it before - and as you cannot put an 'underwater' set of utilities etc. in a separate bar to account for this, this is a problem....

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Enemies faded and reapeared after 3 secs ( sometimes )

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

They know about them, all of the above and more were posted on the bug report forums.  This is just a harmless discussion among GW2 fans about the bugs they encountered and the amusing situations they caused...

You can replace harmless by pointless...

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Never noticed it before - and as you cannot put an 'underwater' set of utilities etc. in a separate bar to account for this, this is a problem....

Yeah, so far as I know, the only way I've ever set my underwater utilities is going underwater and then setting it there, haha.

There might be some way that wasn't explicitly explained though.

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

My frame rates were higher and smoother, and I am really starting to like the whole waypoint mechanic.This stress test was mostly fun with only a single odd thing occuring to me.

Don't know if this was a bug or intended change, but in PVE the downed state behaved very different from previous BWE and stress tests for me.

Previously I would not get back on my feet or 'rally' unless I actually hit the number 3 down state skill for rally.

Last night all I had to do was spam the 1 and 2 downstate keys and in just a few seconds would be back on my feet.

This happened every time I went into the downed state. 

I am wondering if it was just a glitch in my client, or if everyone experienced this.

Due to work, I did not get in the this test until the last hour, and I did not experience the leap issues others reported.

As a related aside, I wish Arenanet would keep their bug forum open,  it is pretty hard to break away from the fun during limited test play time to switch over to the bug forum and type up an entry.  When I do file one, I usually go back to the game, and never check back to see if there was any response, at least for game play bugs.

I was glad I was able to log in this time, as I was one of the unfortunate ones who could play in the previous stress test. I could get into the forums, but not the actual game, so it was plenty stressful for me.

--must remember to charge up wireless mouse batteries before lauch   :-)

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Elementalist Burning Speed - Using this would send me about halfway across the fucking map. Would be a great new tele spell if you could actually control where it sent you XD

DE scaling - Seemed fairly jacked in some instances. From not increasing at all regardless the amount of players tackling the DE to others spawning an insane amount of mobs even if there were only one or a couple trying to complete the DE

Ran into a few mobs that were constantly evading attacks. Was fixable by moving into a different position but rather odd considering there were no obstructions to cause the initial inability to hit them.

Rather buggy stress test to be honest overall considering the game launches in a couple days.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

The game remembers your set for land and water, and switches back and forth accordingly. Not very intuitive at first, I suppose they wanted to avoid having clog up the skill window even more.

• Originally posted by Naqaj

The game remembers your set for land and water, and switches back and forth accordingly. Not very intuitive at first, I suppose they wanted to avoid having clog up the skill window even more.

Correct.  It is by design.  Been that way for awhile now.

For bugs this go round, my wife experienced the teleporting around the map during leaps on her Ranger but she switched to her Ele after the new build they released so no idea if that fixed it.  On my Mesmer I have one illusion that does a leap... I was wondering why it didn't show up sometimes.  I betcha it was teleporting as well lol.

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by plescure

i came across quite a funny one

on the new spvp map occasionaly 1 of the oopossing team would spawn at our spawn point at the beginning of the fight so we all got chance to kixk seven bells out of him/her before the gate even opened.

LOL this must've been fun.

Anyways, this stress test was the best perfomance-wise for me. Everyone was saying the game was running smoother since the last BWE and it wasn't CPU bound anymore and whatnot, but I never noticed any differences until this stress test. Now it runs great.

I did see longer loading screens though, that was a pain

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

1.) Getting killed by invisible enemies

2.) Constant appearing and disappearing of players

3.) Abilities getting stuck

4.) Language settings changing between English and French

5.) Bugged maps

6;) Falling through the floor in human city.

List is long but these ones i kept coming across quiet frequently.