Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a let down for me, maybe others

at lotro.turbine.com in the faq there is a question that asks what will LotRO cover in the middle earth world at launch. The answer... was only Eriador. Does this tick anybody off other then me? I am going to play it for sure, but still.. that kinda sux. ::::21::
let me know what you all think.

Comments

• ZaizasZaizas Member Posts: 32

Yeah it sucks!

But we can still hope, that  they will launch it at a later time as a expansion ...

I'm gonna try the game. But it's only cuz I'm a big LoTR fan!

- Zaizas

Playin': Nothing
    Played: EverQuest
    EverQuest II
    World of Warcraft

• mugboy312mugboy312 Member Posts: 141

as am I Zaizas, would have wished to enter Minas Tirith and what not ::::21:: but yea hopefully they will have it later in the game - hopefully not TOO much later.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Well, it will probably make the expansions much more meaningful...  And the overall game (by the end) will probably be pretty decent.

I don't like it much either though.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805
      Yeah I'm sure there will be expansions covering other areas of the Middle Earth.

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657
    My understanding is that they will release the other parts of the map in a timely fashion as when the fellowship passes thru that area. They have already stated the first expansion will be the Rohirrim and horses will be included in that expansion. Considering how big the area of eriador is we should have be plenty busy until the expansions bring us Rohan , Gondor and Mordor. I am not overly happy with the fact it will take time to release all of middle earth but i can accept it.

imageimage

• SlagggSlaggg Member Posts: 221

Originally posted by Grindalyx
    My understanding is that they will release the other parts of the map in a timely fashion as when the fellowship passes thru that area. They have already stated the first expansion will be the Rohirrim and horses will be included in that expansion. Considering how big the area of eriador is we should have be plenty busy until the expansions bring us Rohan , Gondor and Mordor. I am not overly happy with the fact it will take time to release all of middle earth but i can accept it.

Excellent point there:  Eriador makes up just about the largest single area of Middle Earth.  PLENTY to see and do.  I'm looking forward to seeing the bits that were merely mentioned in the books.  I want to see how those creative minds at Turbine visualize and bring to digital life those bits of lore.  So no, I'm not in the least bit disappointed that the game will only ship with Eriador in the map.

As for the expansions revealing more, well sure.  Marketing strategy.  They realize that more than likely, most (unfortunately) of the interest generated for the game comes from the movies, and people having seen all of the bad-ass spots in those movies:  Minas Tirith, Cirith Ungol, Shelob's Lair, Osgiliath.  If they can build a strong player base and keep em interested with Eriador, and tease em along with promises of more and better to come, well why not.  Works well for both sides.  Gives the business steady inflow of cash for a few years, and gives the players a great gaming experience. 

Plus, you've all heard of the developer/publisher, releasing a game with promises of more kick-ass content to come, *cough*blizzard*cough*, but fail to live up to it.  In this case, we're damn near assured of receiving more/better.  Only limitations are the talents of the dev's and how tight of a leash the Tolkien Estate holds.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me...Blow."--Ash, "Army of Darkness"