Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trials of Ascension: Developer Journal

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Trials of Ascension has released a new developer journal today. The developer in question is known as Neutronium Dragon and he is the newset member of the ToA design team.

Greetings, ToA fans! Since joining the team as a member of the campaign staff and the writer for the various plots and lore, I've been promoted to a full-fledged member of the design team... and so I thought that you might like a little look into both the design process and how it complements my other work! A prime example is the changeover to using "geographic regions" as our method of defining what lives where - thus giving birth to Kezel Thunderhoof's well-received work!

Our original design for ToA had the world delineated by biome: Taiga, forest, plains, mountains, and so on. Every part of the world would fall under the appropriate biome, and the creatures and plants that would be found there would be determined (or at least heavily influenced) by the terrain type. There were three elements to the biomes: The shape of the terrain itself, the general temperature of the region, and the presence or absence of heavy growth.

To read the rest of this journal, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments