Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will GW2 kill WoW?

124»

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I don't care as long as GW2 is the great game we expect it to be. Who cares if millions of people are still on the gear-hamster-wheel. It's their loss, let them deal with it. I'll just play a game that's actually fun to play.

imageimage
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I hate responding to these type of pointless threads.

Answer: No.  At most, GW2 will be another MMO in a market already full of many MMOs.

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108

No, no and yes. 

GW2 will have to do alot better to take it down, it will affect all other mmos though.

In before lock, like a black man on an asian gurl~

• BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Nope WoW won't be killed.  As someone else already said earlier, a lot of WoW players don't even know GW2 exists.  They just live their lives in ignorant bliss loving the only mmo they are aware of.  I know several people at work like this who one day saw a tv commercial with Mr. T or  Chuck Norris and the rest is history.

-briz

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Badaboom

EDIT:  2nd Question.  Will GW2 force blizzards hand to make changes to their sub model?

I'm mixed on this part.  I think WoW would need to take a 50% hit to NA / EU subscribers to really force their hand.  Even if they drop to 2 million (NA / EU) at $15 per month, that's still one seriously large pile of money.  As it is, they have box + subs + expansions + cash shop + account services.

The cash cow keeps on mooing, and as long as it does, I don't see them moving away from it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Yeah, I went there.

EDIT:  2nd Question.  Will GW2 force blizzards hand to make changes to their sub model?

1. Nope and for the 2nd question Nope and you can quote me on that image

I don't think we will see a change in the WoW sub model until Blizzard releases their next mmorpg title.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

WoW is a creature that cannot be killed by other game anymore.

The only way is suicide by bad internal decisions.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I feel bad for the empty, souless person who would cheer for the end of 9.1 million people's fun just so their game can "win" some sort of make-believe competition.

Why is it so difficult to just let everyone enjoy their game and leave them alone?

Sad sad sad...

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by P4YB4CK

1. Nope and for the 2nd question Nope and you can quote me on that image

I don't think we will see a change in the WoW sub model until Blizzard releases their next mmorpg title.

Agreed!  Funny, but I don't think even Titan will kill WoW.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47
    I'm pretty sure by making this thread, OP has doomed GW2 to fail.  Thanks.  I thought we got over this wow-killer stuff in 2008.
  • dudeduder45dudeduder45 Member Posts: 67
    No
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

No it won't kill WoW. 

GW2 doesn't need to kill WoW.  I predict it will be a great game and please many players.  If anything it will probably just do WoW and Blizzard a few favors, such as ideas they can "borrow" for themselves if anything.  That's what Blizzard does as we all know. 

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Yeah, I went there.

lol , if it were that simple nobody would be playing WoW atm , so no GW2 won't be killing WoW.  Seriously a fantasy MMO vs another fantasy MMO such as WoW is a sure loss.   Planet Side 2 might be able to dent WoW , but a fantasy MMO hurting WoW?  Not anytime soon , maybe ArcheAge , but that's most likely for 2013.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Drachasor

Pretty sure we'll know within 6 months, but I doubt it.

More interestingly, Diablo 3's relative failure might cause Blizzard to not pursue a RMAH strategy in WoW, which, imho, they were inching towards bit by bit.  Then again, they might still do it in the long run.

GW2 kill WoW?  Hahah too funny. Not a chance.

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Ofc it wont. Might hurt it a bit at least temporarily. People have too much time invested in their WoW characters.
This discussion has been closed.