Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting Revamped in a Realm Reborn?

ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78
Does anyone know if the crafting was overhauled aswell?  I loved crafting in FFXIV but the huge imbalance in level for the required component mats ruined it for me.

Comments

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832
    Originally posted by Shortspell
    Does anyone know if the crafting was overhauled aswell?  I loved crafting in FFXIV but the huge imbalance in level for the required component mats ruined it for me.

The crafting initially was a pain in the butt. You had to be way high level to make things that were low level and it didn't make any sense. They've already gone in and changed much of that. Many of the old items have become "outdated" and I assume they won't even be transferring over to the 2.0 version. They've been letting them dwindle out by breaking or being sold over time and no one can create them anymore.

While it does take multiple crafts worth of items to create items it isn't as insane as it used to be.

That being said, my Linkshell has a quote on our Dev Tracker regarding high quality item crafting changes for 2.0:

"In the current version, it is a necessity to level multiple crafting classes to 45 to acquire beneficial abilities in order to HQ items. We understand that this can be a bit frustrating so the development team did their best with the current system limitations by making edits to crafting actions in patch 1.22 to help alleviate some stress players may be having.

In A Realm Reborn we will be adjusting crafting actions and making it so a portion of them are class-specific so when leveling a single class it will be possible to acquire the necessary abilities to make an HQ item. With these changes, the need to level multiple classes to 45 in order to HQ will be eliminated."

So, perhaps it's a little bit more to your liking with the above changes.

• ShortspellShortspell Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Thanks for the info.  Yes, this seems much better.  I have no objection to having to take up multiple crafts to make an item, but to have to level one up to around 20 to get an item to be used as part of a level 2 crafting recipe was nuts! (Ok, I may have exaggerated that a bit - but not much lol!)
  • bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I actually like the current crafting system even though sometimes it seems odd that there are items needed that are leveled very high compare to the recipe that you are creating from a different craft.