Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest Ranked MMORPGs

MehugeMehuge Member UncommonPosts: 24
It's a fiddle right?

Comments

• EzikeilEzikeil Member Posts: 148
    Nope. It's correct as it should be.  If ppl vote for certain games they wil get high marks, if other ppl from other games stay away and dont'vote on this site they don't get listed. The games currently listed simply have a lot off ppl who play them also visiting this site.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When You're Falling of a Cliff You Might Aswell Try To Fly.

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    the two top games right now both suck very very badly.. wtf is wrong with these people

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Maybe you should rally up supporters for the games you feel deserve the higher rank ;)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• bum37bum37 Member Posts: 127

I think people just vote really well for whatever they like and bad for other games. and also it's depending on the ppl only on this site... there are tons more ppl who play mmorpgs that don't check sites, etc.

maybe you guys should add another chart that just shows which mmorpg's have the most people playing or something.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    how would we get that data?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• HoodwinkHoodwink Member Posts: 61
    How about having the number of reviews for that game next to the ranking.

Hoodwink - Half Elf Ranger

Hoodwink

The net is full of trols and griefers who think they should completly shoot down a game because they didn't like it in the 30 minutes they tried it, Unfortunatly. But if ppl like a game and they feel like sharing their experience with it this is 1 of the many outlets. Some ppl migth even judge a game on how it was when they played in beta even tho the beta stage has been left far behind. Every game has it supporters and it's trolls / griefers. I still know a few ppl who like AC2, yes they like AC2, while a lot off ppl say it sucks hard. The number of reviews can be found in the ratings area of the game, "based on a total of .... votes".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Ezikeil

The net is full of trols and griefers who think they should completly shoot down a game because they didn't like it in the 30 minutes they tried it, Unfortunatly. But if ppl like a game and they feel like sharing their experience with it this is 1 of the many outlets. Some ppl migth even judge a game on how it was when they played in beta even tho the beta stage has been left far behind. Every game has it supporters and it's trolls / griefers. I still know a few ppl who like AC2, yes they like AC2, while a lot off ppl say it sucks hard. The number of reviews can be found in the ratings area of the game, "based on a total of .... votes".

Totally agree.

A lot fo people base a game on a very short duration of play.

Some have not even played it but just want to bash  because others do.

Still one game in top 3 is rubies of eventide and i would give it a good mark for effort by such a small company and customer services.Gave it low mark for actual gameplay though.

Yea Rubies is one of those games that when ye first start you have no clue what's what and how everything works but when you do finaly get past the initial bump it's great fun. But yeah for most players the end doesnt'come in sight and that does pose a problem to some ppl, especialy if you're new to the genre. It's a good thing it has such a helpfull community and customer service or else the playerbase would be a lot smaller in my opinion.

They recently starting implementing somethign called mentor system, I'm not sure what exactly it is but i hoep it's some sort of system that encourages ppl to help other ppl by awarding them points or something.  I had that with Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, I just couldn't figure it out ( I know i can't really compare them ) so I deleted it of my Hard drive after about a year or so I saw it again and gave it another try, I ended up playing it for months. It's the same for certain programs, i.e. Mirc if IRC didn't have such a complicated look and look so difficlut to ppl I am sure it would be even more populair then it alrdy is.

I would not play rubies personally with me currently on SWG but i highly recommend it if-

1)you don't want to buy the software .It is free download and then pay to play if you like after trial period

2)don't like sci-fi

3)have gotten bored of EQ or DAoC

4)want a small but friendly community.

When it was in beta it had loads of bugs and hlaf the professions did not work but i am sure they have made progress because the developers seemed really intrested in improving the game.

Yup, Also if you like a change of paste with the combat system. I hear SWG is finnaly getting some decent content from a friend player based cities it's still a while off as I heard it tho.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Just like 100% of all MMORPGs at launch and in BETA.  Bugs, bugs and more bugs... and when any company goes live,  that's when the "real" testing starts.

As crazy as that sounds,  you can only start to fix things when 40,000 people start flooding the servers and not the 10,000 people in the BETA. (I'm just using any numbers for an example)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Agreed djin ,

Beta is probabaly pointless as it stands now apart from sorting out coding and performance.

There was a crafting bug in SWG that i keep pointing to that was used in first weeks of launch.

Now honestly i doubt this bug did not exist in beta .

And the fact that from day 1 of launch (day 1 as people could get in that is LOL) it was immediately used and in less then a week there were master crafters who then reported this bug.

Of course the bug got fixed very very fast .

So it tells me that -

1)if the bug was reported in beta (as someone stated it was) the developers will never let such a economy crippling bug go live and from the speed at which it got fixed means that they did not know

2)the fact that some people immediately used this bug at launch means they already found out about it ,kept quiet ,used it master their skills and then reported it so they will be the first master carfters for a while .

I think most companies actually want to fix bugs in beta(why else do they go thru months of it).But the beta testers(most of them) are actually only intrested in having free time and even worse finding bugs they can use when game goes live to gain unfair advantage.

Unless the current attitude of beta testers(again saying most of them not all) changes then it is pointless to have anything above phase 2 beta and then sort the bugs on launch.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Admin,

Maybe instead of just having a poll on this site, make a poll with the same exact question, and ask EBgames.com, Gamespot.com, GameStop.com, mnopg.com <--or something

ask them if you can put the poll on their site, while to complete the deal, they might get to put a poll on yours...

then make the poll something like of a network, where when a vote coems in Gamestop.com, it also comes in the poll we have on our site...

would take some work, but you see where im getting?

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

Originally posted by Djin

Just like 100% of all MMORPGs at launch and in BETA.  Bugs, bugs and more bugs... and when any company goes live,  that's when the "real" testing starts.
    As crazy as that sounds,  you can only start to fix things when 40,000 people start flooding the servers and not the 10,000 people in the BETA. (I'm just using any numbers for an example)

I disagree, Djin.  While there are some problems that only become evident under a full user load, too many companies are using the "we can always patch it" excuse to rush product out the door.  Two recent examples are EVE and SWG.  Neither were ready when they went live.  My EVE client was still crashing to desktop on the last day of beta and content was almost nonexistent.  Worse, SWG by all accounts was horribly broken and content poor at launch.

A lot of the problems in these and other games are not ones that only manifested themselves when the servers were stressed.  Many of them were noted and logged in early beta.  There are many problems that not only can be fixed, but absolutely need to be fixed before a MMOG launches.  Some companies can overcome a bad launch and eventually deliver a decent game, as Funcom did with AO.  I don't think many others will duplicate this, however.  

What truly bothers me is that more and more it is becoming the norm for companies to ship incomplete MM games just to make a marketing date, and this from big companies who should know better (EA, SOE, UbiSoft).  Worse, the MMOG community is getting to the point where they not only anticipate, but actually expect a new game to be broken at launch.  By taking the attitude that, "they'll eventually fix it," we are enabling them as they continue to foist poorly tested buggy product onto the public.  With the sales of SWG and the faithful making excuses for them, why should SOE ever worry about getting it right?  Have you noticed that EQ2 is still hawking a release date of year end 2003 but hasn't started taking beta applications?  Not a good sign...

We (the MMOG community) should look at a MMOG as an investment, not just of money, but time as well.  Playing a MMOG takes a considerable amount of both, and to be dealing with glaring bugs 3 months out is absurd.  In fact, I would say it shows a modicum of contempt toward the players from the software company.  The only way they'll respect us is if we leave them hanging and let them know why.  Until we demand that they do better, expect more crummy launches and prolonged debugging sessions.

NC > DAoC > EQ > UO > fecal matter > leper's oily rags > SW:G

-----

Old timer.