Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

**singing ** "Gone fishing" (forum repost)

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

>>>>>>>>>

Have no fear!  Fishing isn't lost! 

Instead of using the foraging skill, you will be able to find bait by searching lairs!

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl
Community Relations Manager 

>>>>>>>>>>>

Comments

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by Erillion

>>>>>>>>>
    Have no fear!  Fishing isn't lost! 
    Instead of using the foraging skill, you will be able to find bait by searching lairs!

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl
    Community Relations Manager 
    >>>>>>>>>>>

I hope they realize they need to change the loot chances then since I searched hundreds of lairs after the CU and found ZERO 0 baits.

Kai

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by kaibigan34

I hope they realize they need to change the loot chances then since I searched hundreds of lairs after the CU and found ZERO 0 baits.
    Kai

UPCOMING change !

Have fun

Erillion

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

It's nice to see they focused on fixing fishing instead of what is REALLY BROKEN.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Shayde
    It's nice to see they focused on fixing fishing instead of what is REALLY BROKEN.

Um... Shayde? Just STFU and go away.
    Fishing was "REALLY BROKEN". It's one of MANY things they've been in the process of fixing.

It must really suck to go through life with such a negative attitude.

Oh... better idea.... since you seem to know so much how to fix and what to fix why don't you go apply for a job at SOE?

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

No ... they respond to player questions. I call that a good thing.

The reason I posted it here is that I know that some of the forum readers here like fishing and when the ranger changes were announced they speculated that one of their pastimes will be bugged because of lack of bait. Well, it wont be. A positive thing in SWG. Not that you would recognize one, even when it barrels over you at 320 mph.

Have fun

Erillion

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Lol, I always knew a guild mate was about to leave the game when he/she started fishing.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Strange !

My experience is that many female players love fishing. Dont ask me why.

Have fun

Erillion

PS: Is fishing some kinda "making bread" like in UO ? Totally useless for the powergamer, but something that makes a game a virtual world to live in.

• WakizashiWakizashi Member Posts: 893

Originally posted by Elnator

Um... Shayde? Just STFU and go away.
    Fishing was "REALLY BROKEN".

Funny, I didn't know there were varying degrees of broken.  IMHO this 'fix' is right up there with the mighty candle fix they pulled. 

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

Originally posted by Wakizashi
    Originally posted by Elnator Originally posted by ShaydeIt's nice to see they focused on fixing fishing instead of what is REALLY BROKEN.Um... Shayde? Just STFU and go away.Fishing was "REALLY BROKEN".

Funny, I didn't know there were varying degrees of broken.  IMHO this 'fix' is right up there with the mighty candle fix they pulled. 

People wouldn't care so much about fishing if there was something else to do. This is a distraction from the major fixes, and SOE saying "look, we are paying attention we are fixing bait!"

Kurt cracks me up.

Give us the GCW. I've never fished in this game, and I don't ever recall anybody ever fishing either in the SW movies, or in the EU. But I could wrong, I only read 50 of the books.

I never heard the words, "Look! SWG has fishing!!!1!1!1"

"Sweet!"

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Um... Shayde? Just STFU and go away.Fishing was "REALLY BROKEN".

Funny, I didn't know there were varying degrees of broken. IMHO this 'fix' is right up there with the mighty candle fix they pulled.

Actually this fix affects Chefs, Rangers (because they liked to fish) and people who liked to fish in general. It was a broken feature of the game that needed fixing. And now it's fixed. The post was in response to player questions on the official forums.

A fix is a fix. It's one less bug that players have to deal with. My book says that's a good thing.

I don't care what they fix as long as they're steadily fixing things. If you're steadily fixing things eventually all the bugs get fixed.

And, Wepps, no offense, I'm right there with you on wishing the GCW was working better.

But I'd rather they start monkeying with the GCW *AFTER* the current crop of bugs are stomped flat rather than trying to modify code that has existing bugs in it. God knows what they'd manage to break.

(then again we're already getting an expansion slapped on top of a code base that still isn't bug-free... but I'm not gonna go there... I've already said my piece on THAT particular craptastic idea).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

I'm with you elnator, a fix is a fix.

Still, priorities COULD be a lot cleaner.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Wepps

Originally posted by ShaydeIt's nice to see they focused on fixing fishing instead of what is REALLY BROKEN.

Um... Shayde? Just STFU and go away.Fishing was "REALLY BROKEN".

People wouldn't care so much about fishing if there was something else to do. This is a distraction from the major fixes, and SOE saying "look, we are paying attention we are fixing bait!"

Kurt cracks me up.

Give us the GCW. I've never fished in this game, and I don't ever recall anybody ever fishing either in the SW movies, or in the EU. But I could wrong, I only read 50 of the books.

I never heard the words, "Look! SWG has fishing!!!1!1!1"

"Sweet!"

I don't recall anyone doing dishes or taking a dump in the movies or books but I'll wager they had to.image Fishing is just damn fun and I won't sit idly by while someone tries to make it sound insignificant!image

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Its a minigame. Just like racing, collecting, and scavenger hunts. I have no problem with it. In fact I like fishing as it was a way to get away from seeing jedi everywhere. Go to some remote fishing hole and sit and chill for a few hours.

Just wish you could sit while you fished. I get tired watching my toon stand there.

Wish there was more too it like more fish variety and different types for each planet, maybe different rod types for types of fishing, lures, etc.

But I am very positive on fishing.

Kai

Well .. last Naritus fishing tournament price was a full suit of RIS armor (and lots of other stuff).

Lots of people fishing .. for prices .. for compliments ..

I heard the bottom of Nabooian waterfalls (especially Theed) is a good fishing spot.

There is another reason for fishing (which I know from my architect days) : Fish tanks and Fish as wall deco are still very much in demand. An interior decoration architect that loves to decorate houses can now (with House pack up) make a fortune in the service industry.

Have fun

Erillion

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Originally posted by Erillion
    ... Fish tanks ...

Ok, there is a point to fishing. I was actually quite fond of my fish tank. : )

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

A testament to teh lows this game has reached when players praise the gods for a fix to fishing.  Its getting to be Re-goddamn-diculous. 

A testament to teh lows this game has reached when players praise the gods for a fix to fishing.  Its getting to be Re-goddamn-diculous. 

That tells me that you and people like you have no idea what we are talking about here. Some people like to go online and NOT kill a boss mob for the 20th time.

Sometimes you just enjoy to go fishing (or for those who know Ultima ... making bread). Sure ... one kills dragons ( the Ultima ones or the Krayt SWG version) too .. but not every day. One stands there, catches a fish and chats with friends.

So ... a fix to fishing may be as important as that carbine special or quest fix ... its all in the eye of the beholder.

Have fun

Erillion

Your thoughts betray you and the Darkside clouds all my young Padanoob. 

I used to be a Doc/AS and I think we all know what happened to that.  Give me a freakin break!  Ok fish what is it good for?  Last I checked there was 1 food that used shellfish?  I don't know I never played a Chef because it didn't interest me.  And I never played a Ranger because surprise surprise a borked profession.  I know there was a Chef Revamp even though food and drink is bugged now (OMG!)  Now they are finally getting around to making Ranger viable for all of 2 years of neglect.  All I got to say is DEATH TO FANBOIS!

Your thoughts betray you and the Darkside clouds all my young Padanoob. 
       Ok fish what is it good for?  Last I checked there was 1 food that used shellfish? 

What is fishing good for ? Its relaxing ! Its fun (for some people) !

I dont care an iota if it gives food that a chef can use. You are looking at it the powergamer way ... what can I use it for ? ... how much do I get when I sell it ? .. do I get XP while sitting here ?

Its not about that ! Does that fit into that narrow (minded) thing you call a brain ?

Have fun

Erillion

Yeah I tend to seek value when I pay for something. Just because I find value other places than you does not mean that my value is less somehow. And I feel that just short of a miracle, a majority of the playerbase feel that fishing is a very small part of the game enjoyed by few and the eccentric.

If I was worried about fishing in a computer game, I would have bought BassPro 3000.