Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 50 Twilight Arbor dungeon Video

yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/20/guild-wars-2-video-exclusive-12-minutes-of-the-level-50-twilight-arbor-dungeon/

If you haven't already seen it, feel free to check it out. 

"There are a couple of framerate dips amid the chaos, but you can thank the recording software for those hiccups. Chris reports that the game itself ran perfectly smoothly throughout."

Ok here's the youtube version : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5fFfPlnh_I&feature=player_embedded#!

One interesting thing to note, one of the commentators says that very few of the devs have actually managed to finish the level 80 dungeons because it's so difficult. WOOT :D

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Link not working for me.

[Edit]  nm works now.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    PCGamer is SUPER slow todaay.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

The video is more stable than their site. : P

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    That looks really good and the fact its the first time seeing lvl 50 content.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Tell me how to know what to dodge in new pve encounters?
    I love all the Edge of Destiny references in the game image

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

Stay out of the red circles.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

To be honest this is kinda of crappy video. Someone needs to tell this guy how to record gameplay footage.. hes staring at the ground almost the entire time. Only thing you can ever see is the stupid path.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by yaoming36

I have not seen any red circles thru all the videos.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Er, there's lots of them.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Like most GW2 videos, it really doesn't do the game justice.  Very underwhelming video all around imo. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Watch again.  It's not a solid circle.  It's a red lined circle.

Red circles=enemies

White circles=allies

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Nice, now I can confirm again that its chaotic clickfest with lots of various lights - seems it will be great game for disco lovers: )
    Originally posted by kertin
    Nice, now I can confirm again that its chaotic clickfest with lots of various lights - seems it will be great game for disco lovers: )

He mentions in the video what the devs have already stated. You can scale the particle effects in the game.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by kertin

You can say that about any game until you actually play it and start making decisions mid fight. Suddenly something chaotic becomes a lot more understandable.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Well that dungeon sure looked linear. I hope there are some that do not have that SWTOR-like tunnel syndrome ;-)

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by -Inferno-
    Well that dungeon sure looked linear. I hope there are some that do not have that SWTOR-like tunnel syndrome ;-)

story mode=linear expirience, easy, story driven.

• IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173

so painful to watch people who don't use DODGE!!! >_<

I mean seriously this guy took so much unneccesarry damage 7 minutes in he's done 4-5 battles and he stood in red circles and just tried to walk away from the damage instead of using Dodge.  Played Guild Wars 2 just like any tank n spank game, really does the video injustice....

The dungeon looks fun but seriously the concept of DODGING is not that hard to figure out and impliment.

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by mazut

Completing "Story Mode" unlocks "Explorable Mode".  Explorable Mode is much more difficult and there are somewhere between 3-5 options in explorable mode which determine different paths through the dungeon and what bosses you may encounter.  On top of this there are other mini bosses which may or may not make an appearance.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    Originally posted by mazut

Completing "Story Mode" unlocks "Explorable Mode".  Explorable Mode is much more difficult and there are somewhere between 3-5 options in explorable mode which determine different paths through the dungeon and what bosses you may encounter.  On top of this there are other mini bosses which may or may not make an appearance.

There was an article about Twilight Arbor's explorable mode awhile back in fact I think it came from PC Gamer.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• AndorhalAndorhal Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Cool! I like the fact that we're getting to see some higer level dungeon footage now :)
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    Maaan, I wanted to see this dungeon so hard, thanks for posting!
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by WellzyC

To be honest this is kinda of crappy video. Someone needs to tell this guy how to record gameplay footage.. hes staring at the ground almost the entire time. Only thing you can ever see is the stupid path.

That's actually the camera problem or Field of View problem that exists in the game. There is simply no way to reduce this effect, even when zooming out. It's a well known issue, which unfortunately has not been adressed by Anet so far.

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    So exploration mode (why is it called that anyway?) can change the layout of dungeons? How does that work exactly? So far I got the impression that it just increases the difficulty of the mobs you encounter.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    So exploration mode (why is it called that anyway?) can change the layout of dungeons? How does that work exactly? So far I got the impression that it just increases the difficulty of the mobs you encounter.

In Ascalon Catacombs, for example. Right when you get in, there's two doors. You can only go through one of them in story mode, the other one just seems locked.

After you've played story mode and saw what you thought was the entire dungeon, you get into explorable and find out it's 5 times bigger. There's an entire camp inside with NPCs, merchants, waypoints and stuff.