Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet: [mod edit] Endgame

13»

Comments

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by Wolvards
    Originally posted by sammandar
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    Originally posted by Pilut
    I trust leakers more than developers these days, and leakers say it's not ready. We will find out soon enough.

So which of the Arenanet employees are you saying you trust more?

The Arenanet leaker of course.

what if the leaker is a developer?

The "leak" could also be a shill from another gaming company.  Gamers tend to be very venomous to new games because they fear their game will be diminished somehow; I doubt the employees are much better and I honestly would not be surprised if different companies are actively trying to sabotage releases.

anyone have a link of what exactly was "leaked"?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5225515/Anet-endgame-is-not-100-completed.html#5225515

This is what this thread is entirely about. Enjoy.

thanks for the link! I read up on the thread and on the original thread as well. I think this situation is a typical example of someone "jumping the gun" with information not as credible as previously thought.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

1. This was simply classless. There was no reason to make a topic calling him out.

You rarely (never?) see mods deleting entire threads here, but just for sanity (to save all that editing), this one might go.

"Calling out" by name in the title almost certainly earns a spanking, I would think.

But then so does the first post of that other thread.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Hey Colin could you please elaborate on that... Again... Again?

Ok. Thanks Colin... NWM.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."

Call me crazy, but this post does nothing to dispell the endgame not done post.  Soo what part is not false? Why didn't he say "The endgame is ready for launch." or something like that?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Icewhite

1. This was simply classless. There was no reason to make a topic calling him out.

You rarely (never?) see mods deleting entire threads here, but just for sanity (to save all that editing), this one might go.

"Calling out" by name in the title almost certainly earns a spanking, I would think.

No doubt.

Not trying to make a martyr out of the guy. Really both this topic and that one should be locked.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by bcbully
    "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."

Call me crazy, but this post does nothing to dispell the endgame not done post.  Soo what part is not false? Why didn't he say "The endgame is ready for launch." or something like that?

The Authenticators part.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by RizelStar

I hear you man. You gotta sift through a lot of shit in this forum to get the real.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Call me crazy, but this post does nothing to dispell the endgame not odne post.  Soo what part is not false? 

I can do it too!

Originally posted by Redemp

Call me crazy, but this post does nothing to dispell the endgame not odne post.  Soo what part is not false? 

I can do it too!

Leave out the pretty much, and the almost then.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by otacu
    I trust leakers more than developers these days, and leakers say it's not ready. We will find out soon enough.

I'm a leaker.

I'm playing and betatesting GW2 right now. Arah is done, Orr is done and even Cantha is half done.

Trust me.

Seriously :)

Well, essentially an mmo is "never done". mmorpgs are always in flux; new content is always being added, so in a sense, otinanai123 is right, the "end game" is not 100% complete, as is any mmo is never 100% complete. Other than that, yes, I do believe that otinanai123 misinformed the "public" with information which he misrepresented. As to whether he did it intentionally or not, that's up to him to tell us.

I "misinformed" you? This link is everywhere on the net. I came here to discuss it with you guys and when I saw it didn't exist I created it.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by Toxia

Amazing how that one post got so many people riled up though o.o

GW2 fans aren't running on blind faith after all....

You know what I'm glad people act like religious fanatics about a computer game. Imagine if there were no technology/computers, these people would be real religious fanatics starting wars and stoning people.

sounds like something a fanatic would say; always in the extreme.

- I haven't been as excited as I am for GW2 since 2004's WoW release.

- In my review I call GW2 the best MMO in the market

- I bought a copy and convinced two friends to buy one each as well (they wouldn't otherwise)

Yet people call me a hater and a troll, only because I see the game isn't perfect and I point out the flaws. Do you see now how deluded and fanatic they are? The very definition of "fanboy".

You know, as I said in another thread, I think we have to distringuish between what is a "flaw" and what are "things you personally don't like about the game that you want removed" and "things you think the game should have that you want added to the game."

For example, when you say "I hate the downed state I think it's stupid and should be removed" (paraphrasing) does this mean that it is a "fault" or is it "something you don't like"?

And when other people disagree with you, does that mean that they are "deluded and fanatic fanboys"? Or does it mean that they like something different from what you like?

Really, GW2 isn't made for you specifically. Nor is it made for me. It is made using the features that the developers feel fits their vision of what the game should be. You may not like some of these features, but that doesn't make them faults. And these features may change over time based on player feedback.

Finally, it does create a contradiction when you say "I haven't been this excited..." when you compare this to your post history, which at times seems nothing short of venemous.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by bcbully Originally posted by OldManFunk "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."     http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/page__st__270

I can do it too!

5 e-cookies for Redemp. : )

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by OldManFunk "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."     http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/page__st__270

I can do it too!

Save the E cookie for the guy who confirms what is not false.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

click and read the fking link mate

*We'll absolutely have a GM team that helps support the game at live, the rest of it is partially incorrect information or just plain wrong. You'll start seeing information about our post-ship plans shortly (as early as today on some press sites) but it'll come from developers specifically.*

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Alot   Originally posted by Redemp Originally posted by bcbully Originally posted by OldManFunk "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."     http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/page__st__270
    "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."   I can do it too!

How about I give Redemp 5 e-cookies, and you an e-block? Would be about time, your more recent posts seem to leak substance even more than usual.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by OldManFunk "Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."     http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51308-gamescom-when-its-ready-authenticators-gvg/page__st__270

I can do it too!

It doesn't matter at this point, the underbelly of this community ( This GW2 community ) will discount it as "damage control". Thus the viscous nature of these sort of rumors, misinformation, and blatant lies is exposed. Irrevocable damage has been done, if only to those who are more in tune with conspiracies than the rest of us.

Alas the whole point of these sorts of threads isn't to discuss the possibility that not everything is flawless, because even us blind fanboys know its not all flawless,  but instead to put the focus on the negative or what could be the negative. You have your usual perpetrators and then you have the bandwagoneers ,  who just want to get their poke in without incuring the obvious wrath of the moderators.

So pah ,  pah to all of it and to whom all the above holds true.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

The post heading is genius !

Originally posted by Derpybird
    Originally posted by Toxia

Amazing how that one post got so many people riled up though o.o

GW2 fans aren't running on blind faith after all....

You know what I'm glad people act like religious fanatics about a computer game. Imagine if there were no technology/computers, these people would be real religious fanatics starting wars and stoning people.

sounds like something a fanatic would say; always in the extreme.

- I haven't been as excited as I am for GW2 since 2004's WoW release.

- In my review I call GW2 the best MMO in the market

- I bought a copy and convinced two friends to buy one each as well (they wouldn't otherwise)

Yet people call me a hater and a troll, only because I see the game isn't perfect and I point out the flaws. Do you see now how deluded and fanatic they are? The very definition of "fanboy".

You know, as I said in another thread, I think we have to distringuish between what is a "flaw" and what are "things you personally don't like about the game that you want removed" and "things you think the game should have that you want added to the game."

For example, when you say "I hate the downed state I think it's stupid and should be removed" (paraphrasing) does this mean that it is a "fault" or is it "something you don't like"?

And when other people disagree with you, does that mean that they are "deluded and fanatic fanboys"? Or does it mean that they like something different from what you like?

Really, GW2 isn't made for you specifically. Nor is it made for me. It is made using the features that the developers feel fits their vision of what the game should be. You may not like some of these features, but that doesn't make them faults. And these features may change over time based on player feedback.

Finally, it does create a contradiction when you say "I haven't been this excited..." when you compare this to your post history, which at times seems nothing short of venemous.

When I say "I hate the downed state" I mean I hate the downed state, and that IMO it's a major flaw. I don't understand how someone could take it any other way. 

And yes they people who flame and call liars everyone who doesn't think GW2 is perfect are fanatic and deluded.

About my post history: I usually discuss only the things I don't like(PvP, no endgame) about the game. There are many that I do like but what is there to say about them? Whenever someone says they don't like them 100 fanboys jump him immediately, and I don't feel the need to comment :)

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523

I'm a leaker.

I'm playing and betatesting GW2 right now. Arah is done, Orr is done and even Cantha is half done.

Trust me.

Well, essentially an mmo is "never done". mmorpgs are always in flux; new content is always being added, so in a sense, otinanai123 is right, the "end game" is not 100% complete, as is any mmo is never 100% complete. Other than that, yes, I do believe that otinanai123 misinformed the "public" with information which he misrepresented. As to whether he did it intentionally or not, that's up to him to tell us.

I "misinformed" you? This link is everywhere on the net. I came here to discuss it with you guys and when I saw it didn't exist I created it.

True, it is all over the internet, but as you said, you brought it over here. Just because the streets are filled with trash, doesn't mean we necessarily want you bringing the trash in our house; by the way, if you bring that crap in here, you're responsible for it.

And yes otinanai123, you did misinform us. Misinformation: "to provide with incorrect information"

When you posted the link you did not add that the post was not from a verifiable and reliable source, that in fact it was from an unreliable and unverifiable source, while claiming it to be from Anet; that my friend is misinformation. Most likely what happened was that you saw the thread in that forum and without thinking you decided to post it here. You made a mistake and that's fine, we all make mistakes. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.

Your post: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/361252/page/1

Definition of misinformation: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/misinformation

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Icewhite

No doubt.

Not trying to make a martyr out of the guy. Really both this topic and that one should be locked.

Well actually i found the header of this post very accurate since that other post started like this: "Anet : Engame is not 100% finished"

Now he gets an Official response in the same format.... i find it brilliant srry.

I'm a leaker.

Trust me.

True, it is all over the internet, but as you said, you brought it over here. Just because the streets are filled with trash, doesn't mean we necessarily want you bringing the trash in our house; by the way, if you bring that crap in here, you're responsible for it.

And yes otinanai123, you did misinform us. Misinformation: "to provide with incorrect information"

When you posted the link you did not add that the post was not from a verifiable and reliable source, that in fact it was from an unreliable and unverifiable source, while claiming it to be from Anet; that my friend is misinformation. Most likely what happened was that you saw the thread in that forum and without thinking you decided to post it here. You made a mistake and that's fine, we all make mistakes. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.

Your post: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/361252/page/1

Definition of misinformation: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/misinformation

As I said before IMO leakers are more reliable than the developers 5 days before release. There is no way Anet would admit that the endgame isn't done even if it was true. There have been more leakers saying the same things and we can't ignore them forever.

I admit though, I should have added "leak" or "rumor" in the title.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please keep this to one thread.

Also, poster call-outs are not allowed under the ROC as it is considered baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Originally posted by xposeidon
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch
    Why didn't you post it in the thread?

Posts get buried and people keep replying to the OP because mods won't fix the information so a new one is necessary for those still misinformed.

No. That's considered creating a duplicate topic and these will be locked. Keep everything in the same thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.