Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet: [mod edit] Endgame

OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
"Just want to jump on this before it gets out of hand. Pretty much nothing in this post is factually correct, I'm not sure where this information came from but flat out: it's misinformed at best and a lot of it totally false."

Comments

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Why didn't you post it in the thread?
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    That settles that nonesense.
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch
    Why didn't you post it in the thread?

Posts get buried and people keep replying to the OP because mods won't fix the information so a new one is necessary for those still misinformed.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

This is great. I don't even care much for that OP but this?

You got to be fucking kidding me. Had to call him out rather than just post in his thread? Talk about being weak as hell.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Fanatical haters are defeated again !!!
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I'm happy they commented on this fast and not waited a few days.
  • deamiandeamian Member UncommonPosts: 66

So for the most part people are losing control of their bodily functions because of an "End Game" comment? maybe they will just get to 80 and cancel their sub..oooooh wait a minute!

I both feel sorry and couldn't feel less sorry for people who won't take the time to enjoy the details this game has to offer along the way :)

few days

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Well, there's an alt that guy can no longer use.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Amen!

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    wow, you can tell anet is actively browsing the forums all the time lol.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    I trust leakers more than developers these days, and leakers say it's not ready. We will find out soon enough.
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    I trust leakers more than developers these days, and leakers say it's not ready. We will find out soon enough.

Source?

Reliable source? Any source?

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

This is great. I don't even care much for that OP but this?You got to be fucking kidding me. Had to call him out rather than just post in his thread? Talk about being weak as hell.

You have more than 4000 posts here, let's not pretend like the thread title and original post don't matter, especially when you quote a random Internet post and claim that it is a quote from a developer making comments about their game being unfinished.

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

But wait, the alleged leaker was an Arenanet employee. So which of the Arenanet employees are you saying you trust more? The one that confirms your beliefs of the game?

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Laughing hard at this goal post moving.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Amazing how that one post got so many people riled up though o.o

GW2 fans aren't running on blind faith after all....

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Pilut

So which of the Arenanet employees are you saying you trust more?

The Arenanet leaker of course.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    For those of us who are not following the story and are somewhat out of the loop... what the hell just happened?
  • LifeEnderLifeEnder Member UncommonPosts: 45

We gamers are a spiteful bunch eh? 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Anyone else envision a suspiciously old man in a raincoat just then?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

This is great. I don't even care much for that OP but this?

You got to be fucking kidding me. Had to call him out rather than just post in his thread? Talk about being weak as hell.

You have more than 4000 posts here, let's not pretend like the thread title and original post don't matter, especially when you quote a random Internet post and claim that it is a quote from a developer making comments about their game being unfinished.

Matter to whom? You guys know the case. Most did and just dismissed it. You can try and reason it however you want but doing this was weak as fuck.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

This kinda reminds me of the DS.

Why is that?

A magazine leaks that Nintendo is working on a revision to the Nintendo DS with a smaller design.

Nintendo counters by saying that there is no revision in the works and that the article is completely false.

The NEXT DAY Nintendo officially announces the Nintendo DS Lite.

Nintendo repeated this with the 3DS XL.

So, you might say that Nintendo and ArenaNet are 2 completely different companies and you would be right. However, they are both businesses and businesses do not like it when their internal workings are revealed ahead of what the company has planned.

I mean, did you really think that ArenaNet would respond with "yes, these rumors are true, our endgame is not finished". No, of course not. Whether the rumor was true or false the response from ArenaNet would have been exactly the same.

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523

what if the leaker is a developer?

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Anyone else envision a suspiciously old man in a raincoat just then?

A tinfoil hat was my image but yeah.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by sammandar

what if the leaker is a developer?

The moment "what if" is used in an argument is the moment that argument is lost.

This discussion has been closed.