Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something new about Capital Ships and more... Revamps grapevine

2»

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by grapevine
    I can't comment on what the devs said between October 2004 and May 2005, as that was the period I had quit. That being the majority of the CUs development period, which has now been live for 5-6 months (not 3). I can only comment on what they have said since.
    I didn't even say there wasn't going to be no more revamps. I said they havn't annoucned any, other than Squad Leader and Ranger, while you called me a liar while you depicted already (old) implement changes as things to come (e.g. Smuggler's becoming mezzers). Just bacuase they have now stated they are going to revamp some more, doesn't mean my statements were wrong. They were right, for that moment in time, from the information available. In fact I even stated I'd not be surprised if Commando got one. So not OWNED!!!! If you want to check out an OWNED thread, may point you to the fuss you made over the next expantion's pricing. Besides this isn't a competition, in who's right or wrong, trying to make it so is quite childish.

Point of correction:
    CU went live in may
    So it's been live for all of june, july and august. 3 months. You could make a case for 4 months since we're most of the way through september and it was released in early may..

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Erillion
    Originally posted by kaibigan34 Add up the 3 jedi trees and I bet jedi outnumber any profession in this game.
    I very much doubt that. After the respec (no need to do the long investigation grind) the number of Bounty Hunters will be MUCH higher than anything else. Not the least because usually every Jedi has a Bountyhunter alt (to check if (s)he is on the terminals). Not the least because the best loot at the moment is to be gained from BH marks. Not the least because BH plus something else is the strongest "normal" fighter profession in the game. Not the least because many people dont want to do the endless Jedi grind and settle for BH as the natural Jedi killer instead.
    Have fun
    Erillion

Um... Eri... why would you try to check if you're on the terminals? You don't get the Jedi's name now... remember? :) One of the good fixes, imo. And, even after the CU, most Jedi I knew had crafter alts, not BH alts. So that they could supply themselves with stims or clothes or whatever. Or just flat out make insane money.

Jedi don't need a BH for combat... they're Jedi... they don't need BH to ch eck the terms anymore... they can't.... they don't need a BH for much of anything... they DO, however, need gear and equipment... so they make crafters ;)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Elnator

I can't comment on what the devs said between October 2004 and May 2005, as that was the period I had quit. That being the majority of the CUs development period, which has now been live for 5-6 months (not 3). I can only comment on what they have said since.
    I didn't even say there wasn't going to be no more revamps. I said they havn't annoucned any, other than Squad Leader and Ranger, while you called me a liar while you depicted already (old) implement changes as things to come (e.g. Smuggler's becoming mezzers). Just bacuase they have now stated they are going to revamp some more, doesn't mean my statements were wrong. They were right, for that moment in time, from the information available. In fact I even stated I'd not be surprised if Commando got one. So not OWNED!!!! If you want to check out an OWNED thread, may point you to the fuss you made over the next expantion's pricing. Besides this isn't a competition, in who's right or wrong, trying to make it so is quite childish.

Point of correction:
    CU went live in may
    So it's been live for all of june, july and august. 3 months. You could make a case for 4 months since we're most of the way through september and it was released in early may..

Yeah you are right, thanks.  I miscounted.  Its somewhere between 4-5 months.  Early May to early September is 4, plus the rest.

Originally posted by kaibigan34

I doubt most jedi alts are BH. Because most jedi have BH friends. The biggest jedi guild and player city on my main server had at least 50 jedi. And they also had BHs in the guild not alt BH.

Kai .. your experience is from before or after Combat Revamp ? Since the CU and the respec period and the BH loot revamp we have MANY  MANY  (did I already say MANY  ?) more BH than before.

Have fun

Erillion

To be honest, I don't see high numbers of BH (on Bria).  They seem to be just part of the mix, or maybe I'm just not noticing.  Mostly, I see some form of pistoller, rifleman, TKM or swordsman.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

>>>

Um... Eri... why would you try to check if you're on the terminals? You don't get the Jedi's name now... remember? :) One of the good fixes, imo.

>>>

Truth ! Not yet used to that. Forgot about that more recent change.

>>>

And, even after the CU, most Jedi I knew had crafter alts, not BH alts. So that they could supply themselves with stims or clothes or whatever. Or just flat out make insane money.

>>>>

The Jedi I know make money selling loot. Lots of money. In the past some had master doc alts, but not anymore. Some of their alts now have artisan for 1-2 vendors, thats true.

Have fun

Erillion

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

To be honest, I don't see high numbers of BH (on Bria).  They seem to be just part of the mix, or maybe I'm just not noticing.  Mostly, I see some form of pistoller, rifleman, TKM or swordsman.

Not a BH + combat mastery mix ? Like BH/carbineer or BH/rifleman ? I see lots of those on Naritus. It was my understanding that the better BH loot makes it so popular.

Have fun

Erillion

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

I learned rather quickly to not show my Bounty Hunter tag, as i would get banned from player cities I was travelling to and from.

Instead, I showed as a Master Rifleman, and always carried the T21 as proof until my swoop got me out of range of town.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

Not a BH + combat mastery mix ? Like BH/carbineer or BH/rifleman ? I see lots of those on Naritus. It was my understanding that the better BH loot makes it so popular.

Have fun

Erillion

No, but then again it could be that they aren't showing their tags.
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

I doubt most jedi alts are BH. Because most jedi have BH friends. The biggest jedi guild and player city on my main server had at least 50 jedi. And they also had BHs in the guild not alt BH.

Kai .. your experience is from before or after Combat Revamp ? Since the CU and the respec period and the BH loot revamp we have MANY  MANY  (did I already say MANY  ?) more BH than before.

Have fun

Erillion

Before and after the CU. Before I left, that guild ran all of the server. They were rebel. And they were nasty. They would get one of their BH guildmates to grab a dark jedi mission and then they would go hunt him, around 30 jedi and 1 BH depending on time of day. Needless to say there were only about a dozen dark jedi on that server that I knew of, if that many.

Also several dark jedi toons got bought by these guys and they would switch em to light. I know this for a fact because one guy I helped level his dark jedi, then the moron sold it. And yes I was upset to say the least. The toon was bought by this rebel jedi guild and turned light. Then a few weeks later the new "light" jedi along with a few others in the guild tell a CSR they bought their jedi and they dared him to do anything. That jedi is still being played today. And they say there is no favoritism. HA!

Anyway being the closest Imp guild to that city we had a contact (spy) in their guild. She gave us all the info we wanted. When I returned to check the game out the rebel jedi guild was still going strong. Around 70 jedi and 10 non-jedi from what my old guildie told me. And said it was business as usual. Not alot of Dark Jedi around because they either hunt them into frustration or buy them.

Kai

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Yeah.. totally pathetic that they'd actually have a developer come up with something that would be... what do they call it again.. FUN?!?!?! Trot it out for the fans to see and then "Oh we're not actually doing that"

I cancelled the instant I read that.

Buy a freaking clue $OE.. you got enough of my money to afford one.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by kaibigan34 Add up the 3 jedi trees and I bet jedi outnumber any profession in this game.
    I very much doubt that. After the respec (no need to do the long investigation grind) the number of Bounty Hunters will be MUCH higher than anything else. Not the least because usually every Jedi has a Bountyhunter alt (to check if (s)he is on the terminals). Not the least because the best loot at the moment is to be gained from BH marks. Not the least because BH plus something else is the strongest "normal" fighter profession in the game. Not the least because many people dont want to do the endless Jedi grind and settle for BH as the natural Jedi killer instead.
    Have fun
    Erillion

It'd be very close. The only reason BH is so high in number is they have the best specials for ranged and it is REALLY easy on the skillpoints when paired with another ranged mastery.

Everything else is just gravy.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

Something I realized today. With ranger only costing Carb IV and Explore IV, I think it could create yet another FOTM. Imagine a Master BH, Ranger, and some carbine. Kinda scary if you ask me. Even if the ranger didnt get any real combat bonuses.

Kai

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

But I knew they werent done. There is no speculation. They have even said many times in chats and in forums that the CU will take around a year. Said after the release there will be several months of tweaking and many more of revamps. Plus a few months back they said after the combat professions is finalized, around first quarter 2006, they will be doing a huge massive crafter revamp to fix them and their schems to the CU. Lastly is the big GCW revamp to finish off the CU. We are looking at a full year of work. And its only been what? 3 months. So still along way to go there Skippy. I tried to tell you all this but you didnt listen. You were too busy trying to prove me wrong. I just decided to let you go with it. Because I knew this would happen.

Is this a joke ? Doesnt anyone realize how ridiculous this is ? We waited 18 months for the CU to come. We were repeatedly told the CU would fix everything. Report a bug, CU will eventualy fix that issue. Some inbalance, wait till the CU. Then the CU comes, the mighty publish to fix all of SWG's problems and now Im expected to wait ANOTHER YEAR for it to work.

So what, I guess when I collect my 36 month vet reward the game will allegedly work correctly by then ?  Anyone else think its a bit ridiculous to expect us to play a busted game for 3 years ?

And lets be honest here SOE, the game wont be fixed in a year. I'll be totally suprised if you have fixed issues arisen from ROTW expansion. And lets not forget another buggy expansion is on the way.

Originally posted by admriker444

But I knew they werent done. There is no speculation. They have even said many times in chats and in forums that the CU will take around a year. Said after the release there will be several months of tweaking and many more of revamps. Plus a few months back they said after the combat professions is finalized, around first quarter 2006, they will be doing a huge massive crafter revamp to fix them and their schems to the CU. Lastly is the big GCW revamp to finish off the CU. We are looking at a full year of work. And its only been what? 3 months. So still along way to go there Skippy. I tried to tell you all this but you didnt listen. You were too busy trying to prove me wrong. I just decided to let you go with it. Because I knew this would happen.

Is this a joke ? Doesnt anyone realize how ridiculous this is ? We waited 18 months for the CU to come. We were repeatedly told the CU would fix everything. Report a bug, CU will eventualy fix that issue. Some inbalance, wait till the CU. Then the CU comes, the mighty publish to fix all of SWG's problems and now Im expected to wait ANOTHER YEAR for it to work.
    So what, I guess when I collect my 36 month vet reward the game will allegedly work correctly by then ?  Anyone else think its a bit ridiculous to expect us to play a busted game for 3 years ?
    And lets be honest here SOE, the game wont be fixed in a year. I'll be totally suprised if you have fixed issues arisen from ROTW expansion. And lets not forget another buggy expansion is on the way.

The way they may it out to sound was it would be in phases. Phase I (Initial release) is done. Phase II (Adjusting hybrid and noncombat classes to the CU) is being worked on now. Phase III (Setting craftables and finalizing) should be around January. Phase II & III is also supposed to be the big crafter revamps. And finally Phase IV (Bringing the GCW fully in line with the CU) will be done last.

Phase I has most of the CU stuff done already for the combat classes. And you can see that now. Except for the commando, all of them are CUed so to speak. The rest are coming, which is why Squad Leader is on the chopping block now and Ranger is coming next then finish Smuggler (supposedly).

Kai

Originally posted by admriker444
    But I knew they werent done. There is no speculation. They have even said many times in chats and in forums that the CU will take around a year. Said after the release there will be several months of tweaking and many more of revamps. Plus a few months back they said after the combat professions is finalized, around first quarter 2006, they will be doing a huge massive crafter revamp to fix them and their schems to the CU. Lastly is the big GCW revamp to finish off the CU. We are looking at a full year of work. And its only been what? 3 months. So still along way to go there Skippy. I tried to tell you all this but you didnt listen. You were too busy trying to prove me wrong. I just decided to let you go with it. Because I knew this would happen.

Is this a joke ? Doesnt anyone realize how ridiculous this is ? We waited 18 months for the CU to come. We were repeatedly told the CU would fix everything. Report a bug, CU will eventualy fix that issue. Some inbalance, wait till the CU. Then the CU comes, the mighty publish to fix all of SWG's problems and now Im expected to wait ANOTHER YEAR for it to work.
    So what, I guess when I collect my 36 month vet reward the game will allegedly work correctly by then ? Anyone else think its a bit ridiculous to expect us to play a busted game for 3 years ?
    The way they may it out to sound was it would be in phases. Phase I (Initial release) is done. Phase II (Adjusting hybrid and noncombat classes to the CU) is being worked on now. Phase III (Setting craftables and finalizing) should be around January. Phase II & III is also supposed to be the big crafter revamps. And finally Phase IV (Bringing the GCW fully in line with the CU) will be done last.
    Phase I has most of the CU stuff done already for the combat classes. And you can see that now. Except for the commando, all of them are CUed so to speak. The rest are coming, which is why Squad Leader is on the chopping block now and Ranger is coming next then finish Smuggler (supposedly).
    Kai

What's funny is that if they just tweaked the old system, we'd already be done. All they needed to do was bring up the power of everything that wasn't TKA or Swords and diminish buffs, and we WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS. Entertainers would still have a role... Crafters could survive checking harvesters... and they could have taken all the wasted man hours on getting theis square peg of the CU in the round hole and actually revamped smuggler and whatever other classes thant needed help.

But nooo.. they had to re-invent the wheel (or actually take EQ2's wheels and out it on our hovercraft).

Morons.. I hope their unemployment checks bounce.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Originally posted by Shayde

What's funny is that if they just tweaked the old system, we'd already be done. All they needed to do was bring up the power of everything that wasn't TKA or Swords and diminish buffs, and we WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS. Entertainers would still have a role... Crafters could survive checking harvesters... and they could have taken all the wasted man hours on getting theis square peg of the CU in the round hole and actually revamped smuggler and whatever other classes thant needed help.

But nooo.. they had to re-invent the wheel (or actually take EQ2's wheels and out it on our hovercraft).

Morons.. I hope their unemployment checks bounce.

Actually no Shayde. They were in fact tweaking the old system before. Trying to balance by the skill. But they saw it would take a year minimum just for the first part and all beta. They wanted the CU out with ROTW. So they level based it since they wouldnt need to beta test it for a year first. They can put the majority of it out at once and it wouldnt be heavily skewed as they did the other phases. Then made adjustments from there. But it does put them in a more rigid system so you kinda have to hit the knobs with a hammer to get em to take.

But it was alot better in someways and drawbacks in others. Just like the original system. I call the current one the CU for Dummies build. Since they took the easy way out. They have done that before like just before release and just before JTL. But this time they actually lucked out and got it right.

Kai