Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU previewing 4.0 expansion at Gamescom

comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

EU posted this video about a new allod or maybe race (not quite sure) coming out of Gamescom, description in Youtube video gives the lore of the new Gibberlings too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ld9hnI_RE

Looks pretty cool, Allods seem to have realised at the same time as WoW that including an Asian element to the game could get you more players from that market! Only surprise is that it took the Russian devs this long to do so.

Little research on the RU website shows that the level cap is going to 55, a new PvP zone the size of Asee Teph, Coba and Eljune combined, 2 new skills per class, new allods and a rumour of a new raid at 55 called Tep's Pyramid too. Looks like 4.0 is going to be a big one

Comments

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Wow they're still making more content?  Is there even a community anymore?
  • lowradslowrads Member UncommonPosts: 200

Did they fix crafting or the markets?

If you can ignore that part, Allods is a decent game.  However, for a segment of players, it's a make or break feature.  In the current implementation, it is completely irrelevant, and widely ignored by the playerbase.

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

Alchemy was given a reboot at the start of the summer, works a lot better now. The devs have said in Russia they're working on fixing the other crafts as well, so hopefully as I wnat to get my blacksmithing on :D

Community in EU is fine too, could be better, could be worse but enough for now

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61

Allods is quite good in my op. The runes system is the major make or break in this game.  Other than that I actually enjoy everything about the game. The game is not dead , just heavy on the end game players. Not so heavy on the leveling kind.

Regardless of the overly expensive rune making ..The games is still the best and most polished f2p mmorpg out there with dcuo coming in a close second.  The runes arent so important till endgame. So leveling is quite easy. That being said i really look forward to 4.0.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

It looks like it's more than just inspired by Pandaria, but at least there are new things to come out there. I haven't played since GW2 early access, but I'm guessing this is the version with the new OP PvP mounts you can roflstomp everyone without one with. Oh well, more AO PayToWin stuff no doubt, enjoying something else for a change now.

Good luck to those that are sticking with Allods.

Edit: Typos.

imageimage
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    any new classes and races?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design