Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why my girlfriend can't kill anyone in wow pvp but in gw2 beta she destroyed players with elementali

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by seridan
    The skill cap in gw2 is pretty high compared to other MMO. I'm waiting for this game to become a successful e-sport.  

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    The skill cap in gw2 is the lowest I've seen in an MMO(yes, even lower than WoW, which I never thought was possible). This is both bad and good. It will attract many casual players and PvEers but it will also drive away the PvPers. The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport.  

not sure why you continually feel the need to spread false information on the game

Because all his threads and posts get blocked and editted and his voice needs to be heard by the heavens themselves. This post itself will probly be editted and people will miss the reference.

"The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport." I'm copying that because I feel like this will be editted, but lets see if you are right or not. I'm pretty positive it will become an e-sport due to GW history and the basis behind the design of this game.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/509-guild-wars-2-now-featured-on-arena-junkies/

Today is the day. Arena Junkies is now featuring Guild Wars 2 in addition to World of Warcraft. We took a long time to consider and have seen many games get hyped and fail to deliver, but we strongly believe that this will not be the case with Guild Wars 2. The strong focus on competitive sPvP and tournaments, the growing scene with high caliber players from many different games now starting to play GW2 and the recent beta tests have given us high hopes.

http://arena.dragonseason.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/guildsource?feature=results_main

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265

I'm tired arguing with fanboys. If you guys think GW2 will become an e-sport without HUGE changes you are seriously deluded. 

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

I'm tired arguing with fanboys. If you guys think GW2 will become an e-sport without HUGE changes you are seriously deluded. 

I don't plan on PvPing, but I'd still like to know your reasoning behind that.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Translation:  "You don't agree with me so you're wrong."

At any rate, see you in WvW!

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Well considering the e-sport community is already getting behind GW2, I'd say it has a good shot at becoming an e-sport. It obviously won't happen over night, and it'll depend on the players and the developers together. However, as opposed to WoW, I think GW2 stands the best chance of becoming an e-sport. 

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Derpybird
    Originally posted by eggy08
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    The skill cap in gw2 is the lowest I've seen in an MMO(yes, even lower than WoW, which I never thought was possible). This is both bad and good. It will attract many casual players and PvEers but it will also drive away the PvPers. The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport.  

not sure why you continually feel the need to spread false information on the game

Because all his threads and posts get blocked and editted and his voice needs to be heard by the heavens themselves. This post itself will probly be editted and people will miss the reference.

"The biggest con is that there is no way in hell this game will become an e-sport." I'm copying that because I feel like this will be editted, but lets see if you are right or not. I'm pretty positive it will become an e-sport due to GW history and the basis behind the design of this game.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/509-guild-wars-2-now-featured-on-arena-junkies/

Today is the day. Arena Junkies is now featuring Guild Wars 2 in addition to World of Warcraft. We took a long time to consider and have seen many games get hyped and fail to deliver, but we strongly believe that this will not be the case with Guild Wars 2. The strong focus on competitive sPvP and tournaments, the growing scene with high caliber players from many different games now starting to play GW2 and the recent beta tests have given us high hopes.

http://arena.dragonseason.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/guildsource?feature=results_main

Yay.

And to otinanai123: It might be because you have nothing better to argue about, and if you hate arguing with "fanboys" so much and being proven wrong, go to some other forum of a game you like. You sound like Bilbodoggins, who hates our community but will come on these forums to complain regardless of saying that he wouldn't.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by palulalula
    Originally posted by Alot

Because in WoW, gear is what matters. : )

*WoW-fanboy response incoming.*

She died from 84 level lock. Rogue 85lev full pvp geared destroyed from 84 lev lock  lol. Do i need to say more ?

Man, a well-geared and well-played warlock can own ANY class AND you just said she had a rogue, well....I cannot think of two classes MORE different than the GW2 elementalist and the WoW rogue....seriously. 

Maybe she just found the right class for herself, or even the right game.  You act like it's a miracle or something or like something is wrong with the game.  Maybe she's just more compatible with the GW2 elementalist than a WoW rogue.  And maybe you're feeling a wee bit threatened since your gf might be able to own now?  Maybe?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by GamerUntouch

WoW didn't become an e-sport. How about you tell me why GW2 will?

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    edit: deleted to avoid getting a temp ban or something heh

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• AtibraAtibra Member Posts: 65

I think alot of people are simply making guesses at the cause behind this.  However, your issue truly concerns me, so I'd like to provide an answer based upon a deeper understanding of your girlfriends abilities.

As such, please send her over to my apartment for the weekend, after which I'll be able to provide an in depth analysis of her skills and talents.

because i care.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    It's hilarious to me that a game where each profession can spec so differently and has active avoidance can be seen easier than a game with tab targetting.
  • eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/870544-Esports-drops-WoW-because-pvp-is-that-bad

WoW WAS an e-sport... So what's your point again?

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Eh stop throwing around the gear matters so much, he already said she was geared.  Sounds like she is just bad at WoW and good at GW2, nothing wrong with that. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183
    Hmmm... girlfriend you say...

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    trolls can't have gf.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

I'd say the main reason is how MASSIVELY WoW PvP is was part of the reason.

GW2 isn't balanced, but the level gear field does a LOT.

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

So your logic is that because WoW is no longer(it was) an e-sport (despite the fact that it's never balanced, and it's constant gear progression), GW2 won't become an e-sport?

Lets put it this way:

If ArenaNet can keep sPvP balanced, it'll do very good. If it's fun to watch (most important), it'll become an e-sport. Not to mention, it's extremely difficult to understand WoW PvP unless you are a regular player. All it needs is a spectator mode, which is coming post release. As I said, the PvP community across many games are already interested in GW2. It offers an easy to understand combat system, with effects that make it fun to watch (to me at least), a combat system that has a very high skill cap, everyone is on equal footing, so the only thing that matters is your skill. Not to mention people can employ different strategies depending on what map they are on.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Maybe cause a GOOD chunk of people who currently pvp have absolutely no idea how to properly play their class be cause they've only probably reached like level 30 max? Will be a different story in a few months (or maybe not if your gf becomes pro at pvping). The game isn't out yet, people don't have pvp gear, they don't know skill combos etc. In fact  I use to do pretty damn well in wow pvp with conquest point gear (converted from valor) despite my very low skill. So tell me. Where 's the skill. Wow's pvp runs on resilience. Don't be so quick to judge. Not a fanboy. Just hate it when people like you spout crap without thinking
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Oh yeah!?  Well MY girlfriend is a 300 ELO level 30 summoner in LoL with full runes and masteries and loses to level 10s who don't even have access to runes and masteries yet.  And she got gladiator 3 seasons in a row in WoW!
    Originally posted by bookworm438

So your logic is that because WoW is no longer(it was) an e-sport (despite the fact that it's never balanced, and it's constant gear progression), GW2 won't become an e-sport?

Lets put it this way:

If ArenaNet can keep sPvP balanced, it'll do very good. If it's fun to watch (most important), it'll become an e-sport. Not to mention, it's extremely difficult to understand WoW PvP unless you are a regular player. All it needs is a spectator mode, which is coming post release. As I said, the PvP community across many games are already interested in GW2. It offers an easy to understand combat system, with effects that make it fun to watch (to me at least), a combat system that has a very high skill cap, everyone is on equal footing, so the only thing that matters is your skill. Not to mention people can employ different strategies depending on what map they are on.

"very high skill cap"

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Er... the main idea of sports is that everyone is on even footing.  Organizing WoW as an e-sport would be nightmarish.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Er... the main idea of sports is that everyone is on even footing.  Organizing WoW as an e-sport would be nightmarish.

Why do you say that WoW can't do, say, arenas on equal footing? I've seen plenty of arena tournaments that state otherwise (Gamescom to pick a recent one).

Eleanor Rigby.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Homitu
    Oh yeah!?  Well MY girlfriend is a 300 ELO level 30 summoner in LoL with full runes and masteries and loses to level 10s who don't even have access to runes and masteries yet.  And she got gladiator 3 seasons in a row in WoW!

Its kind of funny how that works out.  My buddy is platinum league in Starcraft 2, yet he gets destroyed in LoL (he's getting better).

I'm pretty dominate in LoL but I fail miserably at SC2.

I think its new game - new mechanics to learn, ect ect.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Treekodar
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Why do you say that WoW can't do, say, arenas on equal footing? I've seen plenty of arena tournaments that state otherwise (Gamescom to pick a recent one).

And WoW has been played as an e-sport before, I'm just saying GW2 would be far easier to manage for all involved.  The idea is that someone said if WoW can't be, then how could GW2?  It makes no sense, since WoW actually can be.  But unless Arena gear is simply given to these players in WoW games, there's the extra element of farming for all of it, then making sure everyone is balanced.  Sounds like a headache to me anyway.

This discussion has been closed.