Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launcher Errors Just me?

akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

Hi guys, so I read somewhere a while ago that I can keep my BETA client + updater to receive the Retail version of the game.  So i've attempted to update my client over the past week however im getting an error '' Connection error(s) detected. Retrying... '' On the launcher update.

Is this down to the stress test and recent updates, or a techincal error my side which needs to corrected before release. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by akathos

Hi guys, so I read somewhere a while ago that I can keep my BETA client + updater to receive the Retail version of the game.  So i've attempted to update my client over the past week however im getting an error '' Connection error(s) detected. Retrying... '' On the launcher update.

Is this down to the stress test and recent updates, or a techincal error my side which needs to corrected before release. Any help is appreciated.

I haven't seen that on my end.  The only error I am getting is the big one that tells me the servers aren't up (not in those exact words, but that is the meaning).   I'm hitting the launcher like 5 times a day (I know, pathetic), and the only error I have ever gotten is the telling me that no event is running and that I should bugger off.

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Interesting, I got slow net so if im gunna re-download, i should probably start now, but would rather not. I get less than 1mb downlaod speeds.
  • Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174

I've got all sorts of errors, wrong password, graphic drivers, firewall issues, error 47, and they were all related to servers not being up.

But "Connection error(s) detected" is one particular error I've never gotten, you should try contacting ANet's support just to make sure.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Just checked my client and its working perfectly...

But i was already up to date and didnt need to update it..

Playing GW2..

Thanks for the replies people. Ill try to contact support.
  • sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    any recent updates to firewall?

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Oh I recently isntalled AVG agaiin!
  • seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    AVG is known to cause issues with Guild Wars 2, I remember reading sticky threads on the official forums about it. Sadly they delete all posts after each beta so I don't think I can find those again.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

Originally posted by seridan
    AVG is known to cause issues with Guild Wars 2, I remember reading sticky threads on the official forums about it. Sadly they delete all posts after each beta so I don't think I can find those again.

Drat, I wouldnt want to un-install it. Thats a little irritating : [ Any other suggestions, Im not totally savvy with AVG.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

try adding rules for the ports to AVG i am not sure how to do it.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound.

Originally posted by MercAngel

try adding rules for the ports to AVG i am not sure how to do it.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound.

Okis  AVG was infact causing issues, I disabled it's firewall options for the time being and it has worked. Patching as normal. Thanks for the advice.