Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls vs Fallout

wungunwungun Member Posts: 67

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer TES the most but i still love Fallout.

Comments

• AlucardlbAlucardlb Member Posts: 83
    I have been playing TES since morrowwind, and while i have played them all i always find myself when bored going back to fallout, this last month while i have been waiting for GW2 i have spent my time playing though New Vegas for the 3 or 4th time
  • ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65
    i would say TES the rpgs over fallout, but i will take fallout olnine over TES online any day. TES online will fail and die like every other shitty wowish game... i was sooo excited when i heared about a TES mmorpg. thought it would be nice epic worlds with firtperson and cool caves to explore and all that.. like skyrim.. but then they did a TES game without firstperson view and normal tab 123,123,123 combat.. which made me lose all intrest.. the game will suck balls and they might sell alot since all the TES fans will buy it.. what i dont get is, why call it TESO? its nothing like the real TES games,,,

Youtube.com/TheNorseGamer

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Exzear
    i would say TES the rpgs over fallout, but i will take fallout olnine over TES online any day. TES online will fail and die like every other shitty wowish game... i was sooo excited when i heared about a TES mmorpg. thought it would be nice epic worlds with firtperson and cool caves to explore and all that.. like skyrim.. but then they did a TES game without firstperson view and normal tab 123,123,123 combat.. which made me lose all intrest.. the game will suck balls and they might sell alot since all the TES fans will buy it.. what i dont get is, why call it TESO? its nothing like the real TES games,,,

I prefer TES over Fallout. I just like the setting better, though I play them both and still love Fallout too.

As far as TES online, you should really do more research before saying what you say. Sure it isn't the same as TES, but it is a lot different than WoW.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Giving my vote for TES. Fantasy suits me much better than the gritty reality of something like Fallout. I play games to get away from that.
  • EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Is there even a question?

It should be obvious that the original Fallout games and universe is much better than TES, the bastartised version of Bethesda is at par or slightly lower though...

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Ekaros
    Is there even a question? It should be obvious that the original Fallout games and universe is much better than TES, the bastartised version of Bethesda is at par or slightly lower though...

I think the correct term is "mildly biased".

On-topic: I prefer The Elder Scrolls games, they tend to give me more hours of enjoyment. And since they're more popular than the Fallout games they also get more/better mods.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Original Fallout (1 & 2) are better than TES, which is better than Bethesda's version of Fallout.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Ekaros

Is there even a question?

It should be obvious that the original Fallout games and universe is much better than TES, the bastartised version of Bethesda is at par or slightly lower though...

Why? People don't seem to "obviously" agree with you in this so far...

I prefer elder scrolls myself. Morrowind in particular was one of the major nerd-chills I will remember for decades. I don't believe I'll ever meet it's like in terms of setting.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

Come on, it is obvious you like the game you played FIRST more.

I played Fallout 1 as my first rpg, so I think it is superior. But I guess if I played TES first I would think otherwise. But maybe not, because I like post-apo setting more, so now it comes down to the fantasy vs sci-fi.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind vs Fallout 3, New Vegas

I would go with Elder Scrolls.

THis could change if Fallout 4 is better and more expansive than Skyrim.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Both are quality games, fun ,challenging and choosing one over the other pretty much boils down to "preference".

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind vs Fallout 3, New Vegas

I would go with Elder Scrolls.

THis could change if Fallout 4 is better and more expansive than Skyrim.

I would actually be more excited to see a sequel to Fallout than an Elder Scrolls MMO. That would be awesome!

There is a huge difference in comparing Fallout 3 vs Oblivion, and Fallout 1 vs TES:Battlespire. Depends on what part of series people played and judged.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

It is a hard choice to make, but I would give a slight edge to TES.  Not by much however.  Both are great.

The sad thing is I am old enough to remember hearing the music from Fallout on the radio when I was growing up. :)

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I think they are both great.

If I had to pick one over the other, I'd probably go with TES, and that's most likely because I like the fantasy genre more than any other.

Beyond that, I've enjoyed each series immensely.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Need a poll...and for the record its fallout for me.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AdzijaAdzija Member UncommonPosts: 58

Love both series a lot.

Played Fallout since first and TES since Morrowind. If I had to decide for me it would be Fallout 1 & 2 > TES > Fallout 3 & NV

Loved the random encounter on map travel in first 2 Fallout games. If you crank up difficulty a tougher encounter would end your travel very fast. Remeber it beeing quite challenging and also love post apocalyptic setting a bit more than fantasy.

Also loved the encounter system. Everything was so random, each time you played you could find different stuff. Some you couldn't find only by playing once. Traveling on map made it feel like the world is huge, a feeling that is taken away in 3D games, where you can travel entire world on foot in 10 minutes :|
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Definitely Fallout.  1&2 are possibly the greatest PC RPGs ever made, 3 was decent too, even though it was basically amde with the TES engine.  I tried Oblivion after hearing all the raves about it, but pretty much hated it.  Just seemed like an extremely generic cliche-ridden fantasy world with nothing to differentiate it from every other Fantasy world... didn't like the game system either.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

If we're talking about all of Fallout, I'll take Fallout 1 over TES. Morrowind probably second.

And if we mean Fallout 3 and NV, then definitely TES. Although I can't be unbiased with Fallout 3, since every time it gets good and going, it's a guaranteed crash on me.

Haven't played NV so don't know about that one. Though I'm planning to try it out soon enough since I got it during a summer sale ^^

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the only Fallout i played was Fallout 3 and i disliked that game so much i couldnt keep playing it till the end... not a fan of that series.

so yeah, TES all the way for me.

• CeleustaCeleusta Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I started playing TES games with Daggerfall, and the series has remained somewhat consistent in it's style over the years, though many elements have been... uhh, streamlined. Fallout is really a different game entirely today than it was back with the original two Fallouts.

So if we're comparing TES: Oblivion and Skyrim with FO3 and New Vegas, I'd have to say I prefer TES. The original Fallouts and TES games on the other hand are too different to really compare directly.
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Well if we discount the actual game play which is pretty much the same if we discount Fallout 1 & 2 than the choice boils down to setting alone. In this reguard I'd have to give the prize to the Elder Scrolls. High Fantasy just gives the producers a lot more room for some truly amazing scenery than the Post Apocolyptic setting. I love both series but TES wins out by a small margin with me.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Couldn't really get into Fallout 3, but I liked Skyrim a lot.
  • WinterclawWinterclaw Member Posts: 28

arena was fun in its day, and I didn't get into FO until after daggerfall.

That said:

Skyrim > FO 1 > Arena > FO 2 > the other TES games.