Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamescom Developer Walkthrough (Cam)

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Found these links on twitter. 28 minutes of walkthrough and developer footage. ENJOY!

Part #1

Part #2

Part #3

Part #4

...still gotta watch it myself as well ;)

Comments

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Fantastic stuff, seems that with GW2 out soon Ncsoft may let Carbine off the leash to really start promoting this game. Those complaining of GW2's lack of endgame raiding my want to look at this.

Doesnt it remind of you outland? I wonder how many devs from WoW at that stage went to Carbine?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    can see many not caring for the art style but game does look like fun

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I think the cartoony/animation style is perfect for an mmo, the problem is that crude versions have been done to death by WoW and it's clones in the west, as anime style has been in the east. But this time we have a real animation feel, and there is no reason older mmoers should be turned off the style than they are with Pixar or Dreamworks CGI films.

Originally posted by zevni78

I think the cartoony/animation style is perfect for an mmo, the problem is that crude versions have been done to death by WoW and it's clones in the west, as anime style has been in the east. But this time we have a real animation feel, and there is no reason older mmoers should be turned off the style than they are with Pixar or Dreamworks CGI films.

issues is many who like these types of games have been playing wow for years and probably want more of a change of pace... personally for me as long as its fun I don't care either way.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

issues is many who like these types of games have been playing wow for years and probably want more of a change of pace... personally for me as long as its fun I don't care either way.

!Aerowyn - I've been playing WoW only for a couple of months total since it's release and am not really impressed. Not by gameplay, not by art-style. But Wildstar is different. Yes, it's gameplay indeed is very cartoonish, but it fits with the humor that's used to promote the game. Much like Zevni said, it feels like a Dreamworks CGI fiml (my initial thought was Titan A.E. when I saw the 1st promotional trailer)

Originally posted by Reizla

!Aerowyn - I've been playing WoW only for a couple of months total since it's release and am not really impressed. Not by gameplay, not by art-style. But Wildstar is different. Yes, it's gameplay indeed is very cartoonish, but it fits with the humor that's used to promote the game. Much like Zevni said, it feels like a Dreamworks CGI fiml (my initial thought was Titan A.E. when I saw the 1st promotional trailer)

personally I love the art style I'm just saying people are going to bitch about it I guarantee it.. lots of people.. but again for me if it's fun who cares?

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225
    The game looks nice, but it has to be ftp to succeed, IMO. Have they announced payment model?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Leonona
    The game looks nice, but it has to be ftp to succeed, IMO. Have they announced payment model?

Announced long ago that it'll be a F2P title. Not sure in what way, but knowing NCSoft it might go truly F2P like L2 and Aion, or Buy2Play like GW. Either way, I think Wildstar is a win-win.

Announced long ago that it'll be a F2P title. Not sure in what way, but knowing NCSoft it might go truly F2P like L2 and Aion, or Buy2Play like GW. Either way, I think Wildstar is a win-win.

any info on this because I don't see it set anywhere that it's F2P

• Daveman424Daveman424 Member UncommonPosts: 22

A payment model has not been announced yet.

Originally posted by Daveman424

A payment model has not been announced yet.

yea i looked around more any everything I have still still says no payment model has been announced

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

The good thing with "cartoonish" art style is: it really sells the "impact" on hit. The melee portion of gameplay looked particularly fun. 

With the paths, the housing, the humour, and what looks like a good implementation of trinity combat with some action, this is one game I'm keeping my eye on.