Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship for November expansion : YT 2400 "Outrider"

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/acgrider.htm

http://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104412

Have fun

Erillion

>>>

In Trials of Obi-Wan, you'll jump into exciting questing adventures that lead you through a harsh and desolate landscape covered with smoke and smoldering lava, unlike anything ever before seen in the galaxy - where only the strong of mind and body will survive. Along the way beware of exotic new creatures and what lies below the boiling lava. Interact with iconic characters never before seen in-game, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and the infamous HK-47 from the award-winning Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Determined adventurers can seek their fortune by uncovering the lost secrets of the Old Republic and inherit the powers that lie within or die trying. Discover the lost legacy of the ancient Jedi Order and help Obi-Wan bring Order to the Force on Mustafar. Great challenges and conquests await those who choose to embark upon the Trials of Obi-Wan.

Product Information

• Over 50 new quests and missions.
  • Join Obi-Wan Kenobi in his quest for redemption.
  • Discover and defeat the legendary Separatist Droid Army.
  • Discover the mysteries of the Old Republic as you uncover ancient weaponry and armor.
  • Visit locations from Revenge of the Sith including the Shore of Remorse, the site where Anakin Skywalker had his final battle with Obi-Wan.
  • Visit the ruins of the ancient Jedi Order and defeat new enemies of the Force.
  • Battle dozens of new creatures such as the Xandank, Tulrus, and Blistmok.
  • Uncover hundreds of new loot items including weapons like the Mustafarian Disruptor and the DC60 Carbine, which utilizes Old Republic technology.
  • Experience a captivating universe alive with hundreds of new sound effects and music from Revenge of the Sith.
  • Explore an all-new adventure planet featuring brand new environmental and graphical technology, such as unique heat shimmer and lava effects.
  • Pilot the new YT-2400, a multi-passenger ship fashioned after that of Dash Rendar.

>>>>>>

Comments

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by Erillion

Over 50 new quests and missions.
    You know SOE and LA? I wouldnt make that sound like an accomplishment if I were you. Especially your sister game, EQ2 developers are putting in hundreds of quests for free on a regular basis.
    Starting to sound like Clinton when he said his greatest accomplishment while Governor was to make his state go from 50th to 49th in education. What was the big miracle? Pencils?

Join Obi-Wan Kenobi in his quest for redemption.
    And make sure you dont tell Luke or you will ruin his birthday party on Hoth. Or tell Vader since he might want to have words with him.

Discover and defeat the legendary Separatist Droid Army.
    You mean the same one that the Emperor ordered Vader to disable? Guess the 3 year old will be up late writing a viable excuse for this tear in continuity. But hey the fans will buy it huh?

Discover the mysteries of the Old Republic as you uncover ancient weaponry and armor.
    We still dont know what time period we are in. Please buy this commerci...... er..... expansion.

Visit locations from Revenge of the Sith including the Shore of Remorse, the site where Anakin Skywalker had his final battle with Obi-Wan.
    Ohhh look something that most people didnt care about before.....

Visit the ruins of the ancient Jedi Order and defeat new enemies of the Force.
    Excuse me? Jedi? Did we hear you right? Does this just scream Jedi ONLY content?

Battle dozens of new creatures such as the Xandank, Tulrus, and Blistmok.
    Yes our naming group was up all night getting wasted and naming the mobs.

Uncover hundreds of new loot items including weapons like the Mustafarian Disruptor and the DC60 Carbine, which utilizes Old Republic technology.
    What time period was it? I wish someone would tell us...

Experience a captivating universe alive with hundreds of new sound effects and music from Revenge of the Sith.
    In other words just buy this game. Or you will be left out in the cold. We will use Koster's playbook to get you to buy it by having your peers put you down if you dont.

Explore an all-new adventure planet featuring brand new environmental and graphical technology, such as unique heat shimmer and lava effects.
    But you can still go to Lok and walk on the Lava without getting hurt and swim in the acid pools without burns.

Pilot the new YT-2400, a multi-passenger ship fashioned after that of Dash Rendar.
    But we arent making you a space zone though. Logical eh?

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Kai

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by kaibigan34

You know SOE and LA? I wouldnt make that sound like an accomplishment if I were you. Especially your sister game, EQ2 developers are putting in hundreds of quests for free on a regular basis.
    Starting to sound like Clinton when he said his greatest accomplishment while Governor was to make his state go from 50th to 49th in education. What was the big miracle? Pencils?

And make sure you dont tell Luke or you will ruin his birthday party on Hoth. Or tell Vader since he might want to have words with him.

You mean the same one that the Emperor ordered Vader to disable? Guess the 3 year old will be up late writing a viable excuse for this tear in continuity. But hey the fans will buy it huh?

Discover the mysteries of the Old Republic as you uncover ancient weaponry and armor.
    We still dont know what time period we are in. Please buy this commerci...... er..... expansion.

Visit locations from Revenge of the Sith including the Shore of Remorse, the site where Anakin Skywalker had his final battle with Obi-Wan.
    Ohhh look something that most people didnt care about before.....

Excuse me? Jedi? Did we hear you right? Does this just scream Jedi ONLY content?

Yes our naming group was up all night getting wasted and naming the mobs.

Uncover hundreds of new loot items including weapons like the Mustafarian Disruptor and the DC60 Carbine, which utilizes Old Republic technology.
    What time period was it? I wish someone would tell us...

Experience a captivating universe alive with hundreds of new sound effects and music from Revenge of the Sith.
    In other words just buy this game. Or you will be left out in the cold. We will use Koster's playbook to get you to buy it by having your peers put you down if you dont.

Explore an all-new adventure planet featuring brand new environmental and graphical technology, such as unique heat shimmer and lava effects.
    But you can still go to Lok and walk on the Lava without getting hurt and swim in the acid pools without burns.

Pilot the new YT-2400, a multi-passenger ship fashioned after that of Dash Rendar.
    But we arent making you a space zone though. Logical eh?

>>>>>>

>>>>>>

Kai

Bravo Kai , SOE and LA offen request the players of SWG to disreguard all pervious knowledge of the Star Wars Universe when playing the game and with an expansion you must pay to disbelive.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Wow.. 50 new quests, only half are bugged!

Wow.. new loot drops that will make weaponsmiths even more useless!

Visit the place Anakin lost his legs! Be sure to visit the gift shop!

The ruins of the Jedi Order? They added Coruscant? NOT!

New graphical technology = More lag and CTD's!

"Experience a captivating universe" - Wow.. we get a whole UNIVERSE?? Nope, just a lame assed planet with 50 whole quests that'll be bugged and graphics that will lag you to death.

Wooo a new ship. Wonder what will drop it so a shipwright gets screwed and what the certs are.

They don't have a frakking clue do they?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Originally posted by Shayde

They do ....

unless some other people I know **cough cough **  (/emote points up to start of the text "...by..").

But I have to give you that ... your powers of clairvoyance are impressive ... knows everything weeks before it appears on test and/or live servers.  Ever considered working for the NSA ?

Have fun

Erillion

They do ....
    unless some other people I know **cough cough ** (/emote points up to start of the text "...by..").
    But I have to give you that ... your powers of clairvoyance are impressive ... knows everything weeks before it appears on test and/or live servers. Ever considered working for the NSA ?
    Have fun
    Erillion

It's on test fanboy. You mean you aren't in? With all the bootlicking I thought you'd be a shoe-in.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/acgrider.htmhttp://store.lucasarts.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104412
    Have fun Erillion
    >>>
    In Trials of Obi-Wan, you'll jump into exciting questing adventures that lead you through a harsh and desolate landscape covered with smoke and smoldering lava, unlike anything ever before seen in the galaxy - where only the strong of mind and body will survive. Along the way beware of exotic new creatures and what lies below the boiling lava. Interact with iconic characters never before seen in-game, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and the infamous HK-47 from the award-winning Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Determined adventurers can seek their fortune by uncovering the lost secrets of the Old Republic and inherit the powers that lie within or die trying. Discover the lost legacy of the ancient Jedi Order and help Obi-Wan bring Order to the Force on Mustafar. Great challenges and conquests await those who choose to embark upon the Trials of Obi-Wan. Product Information

[*]Pilot the new YT-2400, a multi-passenger ship fashioned after that of Dash Rendar.

>>>>>>

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    This expansion is pure crap. A new ship but no new space zone.
    Ruins of the Jedi Order? What? Since when was the Jedi Order based on Mustafar??? They were HIDING from the Jedi there.... remember????
    50 quests? LOL
    1 planet?
    Separatist Droid Army? Up till now SOE and LA have been fairly good about trying to stick to the timeline and at least keeping the game from flat out bludgeoning the storyline too badly. But this is just plain silly. The droid army was destroyed in EP III.

This expansion is pure extortion. I've said it time and again. Trials of Obiwan is a direct catering to JEDI and, as such, is pure crap. Anything that encourages more jedi in the game is garbage and should be culled, imo.

And, no offense to the fans. I agree with both Shayde and Kai and Jodo on this one:
    This expansion should be free content. At MOST it should be one of those $5 digital downloads. Not a $29 box.

What baffles me is that LucasArts is allowing this. SWG is just becoming one big add for ROTS's DVD release.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Mr_ManMr_Man Member Posts: 77

So, if I pre-order, I get a transport skiff... hmmm... I'll probably hold off on this one.

They got me with Rage of the Wookiees (which, really, wasn't too bad of an "expansion")

I totally agree that this is more in-line with The Splitpaw Saga for EQ2 than it is really an "expansion pack".  An expansion pack, like JTL, should introduce a whole other half of the game, or a whole new motif.  This is just "Here's the lava planet!"

Last year, when they released JTL, I was reasonably happy.  In fact, I've never really hated SWG aside from the bone-headed meddling from time to time (though I was a fan of the Combat Upgrade when most couldn't bring themselves to like it).  But, now, with them in 2005 releasing two new planets and charging us $60 total for content that the market value of most MMOs would be $10-$15 is really turning me off.

I'm sure Mustafar has a reasonably big dungeon or something to it, like ROTW did, but when you consider that most of the games out there have a better pricing strategy, this is a sign that they definitely need the money.

But, hey, the Outrider sounds cool.

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

Pathetic. The swg devs couldnt possibly be more clueless as to what would draw back the hundreds of thousands of players that they have lost.

Erillion

If you want to see just how clueless SOE is go read the first announcement for this expansion on the official forums. 90% of the posts are down right seething negatives for this expansion. The developers wont even respond to the thread because if they did they would get cornered and have to admit TOW was a bad marketing scheme and nothing more.

Kai

Erillion
    If you want to see just how clueless SOE is go read the first announcement for this expansion on the official forums. 90% of the posts are down right seething negatives for this expansion. The developers wont even respond to the thread because if they did they would get cornered and have to admit TOW was a bad marketing scheme and nothing more.
    Kai

Kai,

Agree completely. But the Devs don't drive Marketting. Marketting drives the devs. Remember that.

Oh and Marketting is LucasArts ... go figure. Storyline is.... LucasArts....

This expansion SCREAMS LucasArts to me. 1) Because they love their Jedi. 2) because LucasArts caused Jedi in the first place 3) because if LucasArts dissagreed with the expansion they'd have pulled the plug.

Sig image Pending

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

In the least this expansion moves SWG further to a Star Wars free-for-all. Ever since Jedi have hit the scene I've been advocating this. For one, I'd love to see the Vong implemented. Of course, fans would even note this wouldn't break too much from the story line, as the Vong started scouting the galaxy during this supposed time-line.

As for game play, the expansion seems that it will add a little to the game. My advice, wait for it to be coupled with a new game set.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

Originally posted by IcoGames
    In the least this expansion moves SWG further to a Star Wars free-for-all. Ever since Jedi have hit the scene I've been advocating this. For one, I'd love to see the Vong implemented. Of course, fans would even note this wouldn't break too much from the story line, as the Vong started scouting the galaxy during this supposed time-line.As for game play, the expansion seems that it will add a little to the game. My advice, wait for it to be coupled with a new game set.

I agree... none of this would have been continuity breaking if they set the game after episode 6. A bazillion Jedi would at least be EXPLAINABLE!!!

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

I definately dont want the Vong in this game. I enjoy reading Star Wars and Star Trek novels. They both take different approaches to their system and lore. However I had to force myself to read the books with Vong in them because I had to keep checking the cover to make sure it was Star Wars, felt more like Star Trek. If I want Star Trek I will go play STO.

Besides I think a prerequisite for SOE and LA is to make this game feel like Star Wars before they go bringing other aspects into it.

Kai

Please god not the Vong. Advance it to immediately after EP VI or even during the Thrawn series of books. But not the Vong... my god that was the WORST set of books of all of them, imo.

And, since Thrawn is in the game, the Thrawn timeline might actually work.

Sig image Pending

Here is an idea.

Make the servers time period specific. A few servers KotoR time period, a few clone wars, a few as they are now, and a few after ROTJ (Maybe Thrawn time).

Now that would be a gimik. And it wouldnt require tons of work. Each time has its own clear factions. Could still use the same planets. Maybe toss a couple of unique planets, mobs, etc in for each time. Most of it would mainly be cosmetic.

Then you can pick which time you want to play in. Stop selling SWG in the stores and do a DD for each time period. One monthly price but pay say $19.99 for each DD. And each expansion would affect each time period differently.

Kai

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

I must confess, although I'm optimistic about the expantion (as being fun) this is one area I do find difficult to swallow.
    Oh and Kai, love that idea of different time periods.  Although personnally think it would be more of a development nightmare than you think.  Shame though.
    Persoannly I'd just like them to advance the time line and start adding more content relevant to that period.  To be truely Star Wars it needs to draw you into the story.

It's on test fanboy. You mean you aren't in? With all the bootlicking I thought you'd be a shoe-in.

Well, I am not an expert on bootlicking like you, but its NOT in Test Center. Its in closed Beta on its own server at the moment and no, I am not in the Beta. But I wont burst your brain by explaining the difference between the two servers.

Have fun

Erillion

Originally posted by Shayde It's on test fanboy. You mean you aren't in? With all the bootlicking I thought you'd be a shoe-in.

Well, I am not an expert on bootlicking like you, but its NOT in Test Center. Its in closed Beta on its own server at the moment and no, I am not in the Beta. But I wont burst your brain by explaining the difference between the two servers.
    Have fun
    Erillion

I'd just ignore Shayde, Eri... She's proven that she's clueless on so many levels that it's just not even worth replying to her. I have yet to see one truthful statement out of her. She makes stuff up as she goes, constantly and has been caught in more falsehoods than anyone else on these boards.

But, somehow, her falsehoods are always "oh that was just a joke" or "that was just an exaggeration".

She's also one of the most insulting people to talk to.

Frankly I wonder why she even visits the SWG boards. Must be out of some need for attention.

Sig image Pending

Originally posted by Shayde It's on test fanboy. You mean you aren't in? With all the bootlicking I thought you'd be a shoe-in.

Have fun
    Erillion

Just like you to split hairs. I'll give you a beta report when the NDA is lifted then.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Just like you to split hairs. I'll give you a beta report when the NDA is lifted then.

No need ... I have my own sources image

Have fun image

Erillion

• maxdomaxdo Member Posts: 284
    i would buy this x-pack if they added a new space zone for the yt-2400 and i would buy this x-pack if i could go down to my local eb games and buy a box but no every body that play this game that use to be good untill they f it over with must have time cards bite me sony i am going home
  • anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

All I've ever heard from you is crapping all over this game and yet you're in the Beta for the new expansion? That sounds plausible.image

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Just like you to split hairs. I'll give you a beta report when the NDA is lifted then.All I've ever heard from you is crapping all over this game and yet you're in the Beta for the new expansion? That sounds plausible.

The devs never read their own boards... what makes you think they'd read ones they can't censor.

I've been in EVERY beta... except the pre-release.. and from what I was told from people who were, it wasn't plesant. Hell.. I'm in 3 betas now.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Just like you to split hairs. I'll give you a beta report when the NDA is lifted then.All I've ever heard from you is crapping all over this game and yet you're in the Beta for the new expansion? That sounds plausible.

The devs never read their own boards... what makes you think they'd read ones they can't censor.

I've been in EVERY beta... except the pre-release.. and from what I was told from people who were, it wasn't plesant. Hell.. I'm in 3 betas now.

Then I guess all those red names on the boards who post and such arent really developers since they would have to read the boards in order to post.

And I know for a fact they do read other boards as well because they have posted on them as well.

Kai