Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rabid Fanboyism

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Jormung
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Jormung

i know you mean this about the secret world but the situation pre-dates that and carries over from SWTOR. now it was equal parts blame back then, probably more leaning toward theTOR boys. look how many of the ex-swtor fans are the same ones leading the OMG GW2 fanboys! chare for TERA and TSW. and the rest will be back at it as soon as they find a good game to play besides GW2.

In all honesty, there were quite a few GW2 fanboys prancing around in SWTOR forums as well. I got a kick out of it though because as you said the SWTOR fanboys were equally unnerving so it was rather amusing to watch them butt heads over matters.

and it's cool to just see one side and blame GW2 fans now becaue you're into TSW and five gw2 fans vocally dilike it? yet those same SWTOR fanboys are doing the same thing, just under the Funcom banner.

looking at Funcom's general forum....they're just as bad. topics on there are either "do your part to help funcom survive" posts, "bash GW2 when someone makes a quit/complaint topic and doesn't even mention GW2" posts or "bash GW2 out of nowhere" posts.

Huh? I meant most of the SWTOR fanboys are now doing their same schtick with GW2. Not TSW. In fact they're busy trashing TSW. I don't support the bashing of any game for the sake of simply doing so. If they bring up valid points then kudos to them. Yeah, they're pathetic. They all are.

...and I'm well aware there are a few TSW fanboys running around here. But really...does anyone take them remotely serious?

XD

For the record I like TSW and GW2. I'm funny like that. I can actually enjoy more than one game at a time.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its kinda like when you go so long without food and water you start to hallucinate and see things that are not really there. This is what has happened with Guild Wars 2. These people have went so long without playing a good mmo that they see this game as being the best thing ever. In a month people will start complaining, quitting and talking about other games comming like Planetside 2, ArcheAge and Elder Scrolls. With that being said I think Guild Wars 2 is a good game but not great. I have it preordered, installed, patched up and ready to go but its just something to play till a real mmo comes out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Pandamin
    Originally posted by Svarcanum

But all the uncritical fanboys on forums such as these are really starting to discourage me.

I'm getting very tired of this.

Cite examples and quotes because honestly you just sound like someone trying to get in on the "IN" thing.

Neither is your thread or post useful in any way.

In fact you are no better or perhaps even worse then the people you are trying to critique.

I agree.

These vague generic attacks on the GW2 'community', usually by low activity/ low posty count users, are getting beyond a joke.

It's starting to feel like that it's all in a effort to spread negative feeling about anything attached to the game prior to it's launch, professionally or otherwise.

Originally posted by Vesavius

I agree.

These vague generic attacks on the GW2 'community', usually by low activity/ low posty count users, are getting beyond a joke.

It's starting to feel like that it's all in a effort to spread negative feeling about anything attached to the game prior to it's launch, professionally or otherwise.

I don't. Really this community brought it upon itself. I don't agree with making a topic about it however. It adds nothing but the ability for flaming and post rage.

Does make the time pass by at work though.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Let the game decide your opinion.  Fanboys have nothing to do with whether the game is good or not.  It does tell you that the game has good marketing though.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

This thread proves that some people still believe that two wrongs do make one right...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I agree.

I don't. Really this community brought it upon itself. I don't agree with making a topic about it however. It adds nothing but the ability for flaming and post rage.

Does make the time pass by at work though.

hehe, well, yeah, there is always that :)

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

BTW, i realised one thing by reading these forums a last couple of days...

More negative statements considering GW2 forum are focused on community rather than on game (excluding complaints about the things the game dont have anyway). I dont know why, but this may very well be a good thing...

Forums are forums, "fanboys" and "haters" exists since beginning of internet. It is just the nature of human to have conflicts in opinions.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by GrumpyCharr
    Let the game decide your opinion.  Fanboys have nothing to do with whether the game is good or not.  It does tell you that the game has good marketing though.

One of the best and smartest marketing campaigns I have ever seen. Those guys get it. The way they have utilized the commercial aspect and viral marketing is simply astounding. Should seriously be cited in marketing classes to show how vital viral marketing can be.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Really, I feel nothing but pity for the OP.  To be so shallow of a person that  opinions of other people can destoy your enjoyment of game is sad.  I really enjoy TSW and nothing anyone says, good or bad, will take away from my enjoyment.  The same can be said for GW2.  I have pre-purchased it, I played the BWEs and I really enjoy the game.  I will continue to enjoy it no matter what drivel gets posted here or elsewhere.
  • otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by cinos
    Originally posted by otinanai123

This is a new type of fanboy. I've never seen it before in any other game. It's some kind of mutated ex-blizz fanboy who turned to a blizz-hater who then turned to a gw2 fanboy.

I honestly have no idea how GW2 will turn out because you can't have any logical discussion about the game without fanboys shitting it up. I fear the downfall of GW2 will be its own fanbase.

Please. If bad apples in a community could cause the downfall of a game then MOBA's wouldn't exist.

LoL has one of the worst communities I've ever experienced and it has 30 million players or something rediculous.

WoW, same terrible community, and yet it's been going strong for years with millions of subscribers.

Why is this? Because for every bad 'fanboy' you find, there are 50 decent people who just want to play and have fun. Taking a community sample from MMORPG.com of all places is probably the worst thing you can do.

Any game with a large enough population is going to have it's share of dicks, but to say there's some kind of mutated breed infesting GW2 is down right ludicrous. Then you go and say you want a logical discussion. Lol. :p

I can't comment about LoL, but WoW has indeed a terrible community and we have seen how much worse the game is getting with every expansion. That's because it is literally impossible to get any kind of reliable feedback from the WoW forums and the developers are completely on their own, which is why they make mistake after mistake and some issues haven't been fixed even after 8 years. The same will happen with gw2. The devs will have to improve a game with pretty much no feedback, it's very unlikely they will succeed.

I can't comment about LoL, but WoW has indeed a terrible community and we have seen how much worse the game is getting with every expansion. That's because it is literally impossible to get any kind of reliable feedback from the WoW forums and the developers are completely on their own, which is why they make mistake after mistake and some issues haven't been fixed even after 8 years. The same will happen with gw2. The devs will have to improve a game with pretty much no feedback, it's very unlikely they will succeed.

Really is a shame because when WoW first came out it had a great community. Very helpful and sociable. Over time though I saw with my own eyes how it turned to shit. Was a real travesty to watch transpire.

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

This is a new type of fanboy. I've never seen it before in any other game. It's some kind of mutated ex-blizz fanboy who turned to a blizz-hater who then turned to a gw2 fanboy.

I honestly have no idea how GW2 will turn out because you can't have any logical discussion about the game without fanboys shitting it up. I fear the downfall of GW2 will be its own fanbase.

Please. If bad apples in a community could cause the downfall of a game then MOBA's wouldn't exist.

LoL has one of the worst communities I've ever experienced and it has 30 million players or something rediculous.

WoW, same terrible community, and yet it's been going strong for years with millions of subscribers.

Why is this? Because for every bad 'fanboy' you find, there are 50 decent people who just want to play and have fun. Taking a community sample from MMORPG.com of all places is probably the worst thing you can do.

Any game with a large enough population is going to have it's share of dicks, but to say there's some kind of mutated breed infesting GW2 is down right ludicrous. Then you go and say you want a logical discussion. Lol. :p

Yes they've made so many changes to the game during the last year without any player feedback. If there was no feedback then why the game changed so much between BWEs? Another worthless prediction, with lots of facts against it.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

But all the uncritical fanboys on forums such as these are really starting to discourage me. I can see a number of flaws in Guild Wars 2, I can't see how people refuse to acknowledge them. The only way for ANet to actually improve their game is for them NOT to think they just improved on sliced bread and can sit back and relax. Every fanboy post I read makes me looking forward to the launch less and less. *sad face*

Yes but there is one very big difference going on with this game than in others like SWTOR...

ANet already knows the damage fanboys can do which is why they have a CLOSED beta group and are only doing beta weekends for the masses. This allows them to gain actual GOOD information from a set group, and then only have to try to pour through the garbage on set weekends and dig through for decent information from players.

But ANet has at least spoken about many concerns publicly which shows they actually ARE listening.

Originally posted by seridan

Yes they've made so many changes to the game during the last year without any player feedback. If there was no feedback then why the game changed so much between BWEs? Another worthless prediction, with lots of facts against it.

There is feedback but it's not reliable. Look at this forum for example. Whenever there is a thread with negative feedback / complaints, the fanboys swarm and shit up the thread, defending Anet no matter if the OP is right or wrong. 

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I've been looking forward to Guild Wars 2 for a very long time. I prepurchased as soon as I had the option. And I've been clearing my schedual in anticipation for the upcoming launch. But all the uncritical fanboys on forums such as these are really starting to discourage me. I can see a number of flaws in Guild Wars 2, I can't see how people refuse to acknowledge them. The only way for ANet to actually improve their game is for them NOT to think they just improved on sliced bread and can sit back and relax. Every fanboy post I read makes me looking forward to the launch less and less. *sad face*

You love GW2, I love GW2, but please let's not be blind to its faults and issues and instead encourage open discussions so that the game makes room for improvement. Overandout.

Who died and made you Internet Nanny?   Your entire post was an insult that came from you flawed premise, your flawed observations, and your flawed conclusions.

And mocking people who still start silly threads like "The Cash Shop is Pay to Win" or "There is NO ENDGAME" or "WoW will Crush GW2 with MoP' are tiresome, silly and pointless.   They've also been addressed what feels like a million times, though it's just 'mere thousands..'

Which leaves us with actual, technical flaws (which there are damn few) and other matters of taste of which are merely personal.    

• LytheEmberLytheEmber Member UncommonPosts: 43

You don't need to respond to this poster seridan.  I have seen him/her make these types of posts in other threads that are complaining about GW2.  He/she swoops in as a voice of reason simply parroting whatever the OP said that was negative as outlined in blue above.  Then he/she decides to throw some more fuel on to the fire by making absolute generalizations that attack others and serve no real purpose as seen in yellow above.

After reading here for a while, it's easy to remember the same names when you see them over and over...even if they change their avatar pic.

Originally posted by rdrakken

But all the uncritical fanboys on forums such as these are really starting to discourage me. I can see a number of flaws in Guild Wars 2, I can't see how people refuse to acknowledge them. The only way for ANet to actually improve their game is for them NOT to think they just improved on sliced bread and can sit back and relax. Every fanboy post I read makes me looking forward to the launch less and less. *sad face*

Yes but there is one very big difference going on with this game than in others like SWTOR...

ANet already knows the damage fanboys can do which is why they have a CLOSED beta group and are only doing beta weekends for the masses. This allows them to gain actual GOOD information from a set group, and then only have to try to pour through the garbage on set weekends and dig through for decent information from players.

But ANet has at least spoken about many concerns publicly which shows they actually ARE listening.

Diablo 3 also had a closed beta group and we all know how that turned out. The best way to test GW2 would be to have an 1-month long beta test for all pre-purchasers, so people could get to 80 and see the real GW2 and not just the first few levels/zones. It's exactly the same mistake D3 did.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

There is feedback but it's not reliable. Look at this forum for example. Whenever there is a thread with negative feedback / complaints, the fanboys swarm and shit up the thread, defending Anet no matter if the OP is right or wrong. 

The only negative threads are:  P2W Cashshop,  No Endgame so it will fail,  No progression so it will fail, No raids so it will fail, etc.

Link me the thread that shows that someone is at least trying to be constructive in their feedback on this site and the fans just trolling the crap out of them.  

BOOYAKA!

Originally posted by LytheEmber

You don't need to respond to this poster seridan.  I have seen him/her make these types of posts in other threads that are complaining about GW2.  He/she swoops in as a voice of reason simply parroting whatever the OP said that was negative as outlined in blue above.  Then he/she decides to throw some more fuel on to the fire by making absolute generalizations that attack others and serve no real purpose as seen in yellow above.

After reading here for a while, it's easy to remember the same names when you see them over and over...even if they change their avatar pic.

This is a prime example of a fanboy: Everyone who has different opinions is a "hater".

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    *snip*

Didn't read the thread, did you?

They read the thread. They just think it doesn't serve a purpose unless you can actually say what you think can be improved upon. You're basically attacking the fanboys with your thread, you're not even discussing the game.

imageimage
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I've been looking forward to Guild Wars 2 for a very long time. I prepurchased as soon as I had the option. And I've been clearing my schedual in anticipation for the upcoming launch. But all the uncritical fanboys on forums such as these are really starting to discourage me. I can see a number of flaws in Guild Wars 2, I can't see how people refuse to acknowledge them. The only way for ANet to actually improve their game is for them NOT to think they just improved on sliced bread and can sit back and relax. Every fanboy post I read makes me looking forward to the launch less and less. *sad face* You love GW2, I love GW2, but please let's not be blind to its faults and issues and instead encourage open discussions so that the game makes room for improvement. Overandout.

completely agree. this is shaping up to be one of the worst communities I have ever seen.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Op short of gw2 giving me a bj, gw2 is absolutely perfect. It really has no flaws. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.