Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if Blizzard ran SWG ?

Comments

• BelisariusDLBelisariusDL Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by grapevine
    Originally posted by BelisariusDL Originally posted by grapevineActually the only clueless ones are those idiots who come in here making state of the game comments when they either haven't played or havn't for some time.If you are commenting based on how SWG was more than 5 months ago, you might as well being discussing vapourwear. That game doesn't exit anymore. SWG has seen vast improvements since, with patches being typically 2-3 weeks apart. Without doubt Blizzard can code good games, but in supporting a mmorpg and the community they attract they are amongst the worst. Possibly the worst, amongst the key players. So without even considering who could implement the best game, I think the most important question is who could provide the better complete gaming experience. WoW is very shallow in its content (i.e. what else is there to do but quest and some PvP). Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character. Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character
    YEAH....While with SWG .....the flaws are a quiet apparent through out the game.
    I'm not saying there aren't flaws, but since you must be up to date on them please feel free to post them.
    WoW is a flash in the pan, unless they address the endgame. Also if you like a game with depth, it doesn't have any. Its quest to quest, pose near the AH and some "good" PvP (providing you are Horde).

LOL.....I dont have all day to post all the FLAWs in SWG....if you play..you know them and if you don't..then simply go to the SWG main FORUMS and the FLAWs will come flying at you left and right...lol

And what DEPTH are you refering to in SWG???? All the broken QUEST??? or The immposibly hard DW bunker and Corillian Corvette?......that game sux now...it was great once..but not anymore.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by admriker444

You've played WoW for a week and compaire it to SWG. lol
    Yeah, most thought WoW was suger coated after such a short time.  Myself included.  I played for three months and by the end I hated the community, hated the attitude of the devs and customer services was a joke.
    Compared to SOE they're like angels. Trust me on that. I can tell you horror stories for weeks on what SOE csr's have done like spawn a pack of rancors on top of you. Or ban your account for a week with no reason why. Or how about going 4 months in the game while missing a lot (you get 10) before it gets fixed. Or how about getting stuck in a building and waiting a week to get out. SOE is by far worse than blizzard.
    Every patch Blizzard put out screwed the game up more.  They even kept nerfing Hunters, when everyone was screaming why as they are the weakest class anyway.  Then they introduced the honour system and bascially told the player base to shut up and live with it.
    This is like watching someone complain because their BMW got a flat tire. Meanwhile my Ford Pinto just exploded again. You have no idea how little of an issue that is. ENTIRE professions in SWG simply dont work. Thats way worse than an inbalance issue.
    Oh, and Smuggler got their revamp.  As did many professions during the CU.  The only missing element from a smuggler is smuggling (also now to get attention), otherwise they are highly playable.  Generally professions within SWG are more balanced then WoW, these days.  So you can't have been on your Jedi recently.
    Ask any smuggler if they feel they got a revamp, the answer is NO. Making slicing more complex and reliant on drops is NOT what they asked for nor what they've been told to expect.
    And there is no way you've ever played SWG to make a statement like that. SWG is nowhere near balanced. Ask a pistoleer / MCH if he can last more than 10 seconds against a rifleman / combat medic lol. The game is just as unbalanced as it was before the CU.

Hmm, let me see.  I have a smuggler.  You are totally missing that we are now a completely viable combat profession after their CU revamp  One that infact had Jedi crying.

So what if a pistoleer/mch can't stand up against a rifleman/*.  Maybe if they added some medic they would.  In fact I know they would.  Quite using templetes as a reason, as you can always nerf yourself within SWG being coming up with a bad one (for PvP especially).  It is however by no means Horde Shaman for the win, it was when I left WoW and by all accounts still given I know people who are now considering quiting over it.  If you seriously think SWG balance is as unbalanced and pre-cu you are totally clueless.   Every profession with in SWG, post CU works. That's a fact, but you'll never ever get a situation where you can mix 2-3 elite professions (from 35ish) and not have some dud templates.

Also trust me, Blizzard's devs and CS do not compair to what SoEs have been of late.  I can think of anything positive to say about Blizzard's.  While SoE, I can see a constant stream of patches and have on many occations of late got hold of CS within minutes.  As I said, only idiots post about a game they don't play or are out of touch with.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

cmon grapevine, are you still under the delusion that the CU was meant to fix things ? Which of course it didnt.

The cu was meant to change SWG's appeal to a different target market. I got that message from tiggs at celebration 3 when she told me they hoped the cu would make the game have a more broad appeal.

Let me translate for you - dumb the game down to appeal to the WoW kiddies because blizzard is getting rich off them.

The CU only made the game worse or the same but definitely didnt improve a thing.

Combat is boring and slow now

rifleman and combat medics still are overpowered compared to everyone else.

Old bugs like rubberbanding are now back thanks to the cu. Heck, I wont be surprised at all to see the old chair slide bug return too.

I know you cant honestly compare blizzards csr to SOE ? Has a blizzard employee ever banned someone because they lost in pvp ? has a blizzard employee ever taken your toon and spawned them into middle of rancors to die ? has a blizzard employee ever used exploits in game against you while helping his friend ? has a blizzard employee ever ignored your toon being stuck in a house for a week ? has a blizzard employee deleted your ticket for help every week for 4 MONTHS !!!!

Comparing blizzard's small insignifant issues to SOE is like saying the sky isnt blue. Ask any SWG player and I guarantee you 99.99% of them what gladly accept blizzard to take over the game over SOE anyday.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

ANYONE who thinks the CU "fixed" SWG needs to up the medication.

Combat was MUCH better before, and ASIDE FROM BROKEN QUESTS freaking WORKED 99% of the time. Lag was low, the community was strong, crafters made the best wares. Sure, the classes needed MINOR TWEAKING but that was it.

POST CU... Bugs aplenty. Whole CLASSES made useless. Combat now BORING and soloing is dead. Jedi made SUPER easy to get thus flooding the game with an unbalanced alpha class.

To top it off, they PUSHED THIS TRAVESTY against the cries of 80% of the player base. They treated the players with scorn and didn't listen to ONE piece of negative feedback. Even had John Schmedley spout to the media thet we LOVED it when there was over 100000 signatures on a petition begging them to stop.

They screwed the game HARD with the CU. They broke up the community. They killed the game. We're just waiting for them to Terry Schaivo the thing's breathing tube.

On another note... the "Pushed of rebalancing for JTL" comment. That WAS founded in fact. A great majority of the playerbase wanted JTL MUCH more than tweaking the classes to suit PVP whiners. Nobody in PVE wanted a rebalancing.

Of course the "rebalance"... If anyone would have known the mess that was the CU was the "balance".. more than 80% of the players would have told them to forget it. It wasn't a balance, it was re-skinning EQ2 so they could cut development costs.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

LOL.....I dont have all day to post all the FLAWs in SWG....if you play..you know them and if you don't..then simply go to the SWG main FORUMS and the FLAWs will come flying at you left and right...lol
    And what DEPTH are you refering to in SWG???? All the broken QUEST??? or The immposibly hard DW bunker and Corillian Corvette?......that game sux now...it was great once..but not anymore.

Actually I was hoping you would post them, as although some would probably be valid simply by your other posts many would also be out of date.

Let me see depth in WoW (add any I've missed, although can't think of any)....

1) Quests from level 1-60

2) Gank some players or zergs

3) Instances (although really just epic quests)

4) Battlegrounds and the odd Raid

5) Limited crafting system.

SWG....

1) Quests (and most aren't borken, infact not that many these days).

2) Swing fraction of npc cities through PvP

3) Instances (Correlian Corvette - which isn't that difficult as did it recently myself, Avatar Station)

4)  Raids (DBW, Geo Labs, Warran, Night Sister stronghold, NK, etc)

5) Player ran cities

6) Player businesses

7) Player mining (industries)

8) You own home, to decorate, to simply live in or make it into a shop.

9) Space combat (inc. squadron quests)

10) Community content using game mechanics (i.e. entertainer shows, image designing)

11) Themeparks

12) Grinding missions

13) In debth crafting

Now my brain has gone numb, but I know there are more.

Hmm, let me see.  I have a smuggler.  You are totally missing that we are now a completely viable combat profession after their CU revamp  One that infact had Jedi crying.
    You have got to be kidding me. Smugglers are all quitting AGAIN. Try and find a master smuggler in a sp lol. And define viable cause its certainly not a decent combat profession. And still no smuggling going on after 2 years of revamps. Please wake up, you've overdosed on something.

So what if a pistoleer/mch can't stand up against a rifleman/*.  Maybe if they added some medic they would.  In fact I know they would. 

Good grief, what game are you playing ?

Quite using templetes as a reason, as you can always nerf yourself within SWG being coming up with a bad one (for PvP especially).  It is however by no means Horde Shaman for the win, it was when I left WoW and by all accounts still given I know people who are now considering quiting over it.  If you seriously think SWG balance is as unbalanced and pre-cu you are totally clueless.   Every profession with in SWG, post CU works. That's a fact, but you'll never ever get a situation where you can mix 2-3 elite professions (from 35ish) and not have some dud templates.

Now I know you're incompetent. Every prof works ? Lets list the ones that dont...

ranger, squad leader, commando, pistoleer, ch, droid engineer, tailor, carbineer,  to name a few that ive played since cu thanks to the respec period and some i still play. All of those have MAJOR issues, things that just dont work, and worse. Im simply stunned that you could even say such an ignorant thing. Most people estimate (because we havent played them all) that 40-50% of all professions are busted.

Also trust me, Blizzard's devs and CS do not compair to what SoEs have been of late.  I can think of anything positive to say about Blizzard's.  While SoE, I can see a constant stream of patches and have on many occations of late got hold of CS within minutes.  As I said, only idiots post about a game they don't play or are out of touch with.

You see a constant stream of patches because the game is so messed up. How can you think SOE is better when they have a lot more to fix ? And guess what, half the patches dont work. My wife finally quit her tailor after a publish which claimed to have fixed the bio tissues issue (it didnt). She came back a week later when I told her SOE hotfixed the bio clothing issue. Guess what, STILL NOT FIXED. Talk about incompetence when their own fixes dont fix !!!

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

[quote]Originally posted by admriker444
    [b]cmon grapevine, are you still under the delusion that the CU was meant to fix things ? Which of course it didnt.
    The cu was meant to change SWG's appeal to a different target market. I got that message from tiggs at celebration 3 when she told me they hoped the cu would make the game have a more broad appeal.
    Let me translate for you - dumb the game down to appeal to the WoW kiddies because blizzard is getting rich off them.
    The CU only made the game worse or the same but definitely didnt improve a thing.
    Combat is boring and slow now
    rifleman and combat medics still are overpowered compared to everyone else.
    Old bugs like rubberbanding are now back thanks to the cu. Heck, I wont be surprised at all to see the old chair slide bug return too.
    I know you cant honestly compare blizzards csr to SOE ? Has a blizzard employee ever banned someone because they lost in pvp ? has a blizzard employee ever taken your toon and spawned them into middle of rancors to die ? has a blizzard employee ever used exploits in game against you while helping his friend ? has a blizzard employee ever ignored your toon being stuck in a house for a week ? has a blizzard employee deleted your ticket for help every week for 4 MONTHS !!!!
    Comparing blizzard's small insignifant issues to SOE is like saying the sky isnt blue. Ask any SWG player and I guarantee you 99.99% of them what gladly accept blizzard to take over the game over SOE anyday. [/quote]

Where did you see the rubber band bug? I played for a year before CU and up till about 5 weeks ago now. It mad a BRIEF reappearance immediately after the CU but was fixed again in a couple days. Fact is that as of 5 weeks ago the only real "bugs" in the game are some broken quests. (And yes, I find that annoying) All of the gameplay affecting bugs were fixed when I left. I will agree 100% that every patch brings a new crop of bugs (but I blame that on the QA guy more than the Devs themselvs.... stuff shouln't be allowed to live unless QA clears it, period... and if QA is clearing it then that LucasArts guy running QA needs to be fired) But even so in every case when a bug made it live due to a patch it was fixed within 48-72 hours by the devs.

And, as a former SWG player: I'd rather have SOE doing the development than Blizzard... I just wish LucasArts would get their noses out of it and let SOE code the damn game. Blizzard didn't do a single new thing with WoW. It's NOT a difficult coding feat to take well known and well documented features from other games and polish them a little then put them in your own. It's a very cookie cutter MMO. SWG, otoh, is FAR more complex. I honestly don't think Blizzard would do any better than SOE is. Especially considering they'd have to deal with the same 2 headed hydra problem SOE does.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Where did you see the rubber band bug? I played for a year before CU and up till about 5 weeks ago now. It mad a BRIEF reappearance immediately after the CU but was fixed again in a couple days. Fact is that as of 5 weeks ago the only real "bugs" in the game are some broken quests.
    It hits me and my friends all the time on dathomir. It also hit me the other night while attempting to race the track on Lok. 4 times in a row I bounced back to the starting line while timer was still going. I restarted the race and it did it again so I gave up. Twice while in the DWB last week I rubberbanded back into a room I had passed through a few minutes prior. Of course by then the SBD had respawned and killed me. Once on Endor 3 nights ago I killed a gorax and it slid 60m away or I rubberbanded back. Once I got close enough to loot it, it despawned. These are just a few off the top of my head.
    Other bugs i can think of that recently happened to me...
    map shows last planet i was on. for some reason I'll leave naboo for tatooine. then open map to look for a vendor and see naboo background with tatooine cities on it.
    save an attachment to someone's shop from a mail. then go to click it in datapad and its not there. try and resave it and get message saying its already in datapad. a few days later it appears bleh.
    droid stops working during  a fight with a black sun on me and a BH with my mission. Send the droid to follow me and it just sits there. i run back to the droid and give follow command then watch it run off in opposite direction.
    vehicle wont let me mount. click on it 4 times while seeing an approaching BH and finally lets me on but boom goes bike bleh.
    fighting a krayt, he appears 40m from me but is somehow hitting me. Suddenly he's on top of me. After I kill it, he slides 40m back next to his friend the grand krayt lvl 90 bleh
    These are just a few i can think of. I wont go into the quests ive tried recently that dont give you the badge or reward. Or how about the customer service response when you send in a ticket to ask about getting compensation lol
    None of this kind of stuff ever happened to me while playing WoW. Players may whine about little things in WoW but they simply dont compare to the hundreds of issues with SWG. And that blame must lie with SOE because everyone of their other mmorpgs has the same issues

You have got to be kidding me. Smugglers are all quitting AGAIN. Try and find a master smuggler in a sp lol. And define viable cause its certainly not a decent combat profession. And still no smuggling going on after 2 years of revamps. Please wake up, you've overdosed on something.

So what if a pistoleer/mch can't stand up against a rifleman/*.  Maybe if they added some medic they would.  In fact I know they would. 

Good grief, what game are you playing ?

Quite using templetes as a reason, as you can always nerf yourself within SWG being coming up with a bad one (for PvP especially).  It is however by no means Horde Shaman for the win, it was when I left WoW and by all accounts still given I know people who are now considering quiting over it.  If you seriously think SWG balance is as unbalanced and pre-cu you are totally clueless.   Every profession with in SWG, post CU works. That's a fact, but you'll never ever get a situation where you can mix 2-3 elite professions (from 35ish) and not have some dud templates.

Now I know you're incompetent. Every prof works ? Lets list the ones that dont...

ranger, squad leader, commando, pistoleer, ch, droid engineer, tailor, carbineer,  to name a few that ive played since cu thanks to the respec period and some i still play. All of those have MAJOR issues, things that just dont work, and worse. Im simply stunned that you could even say such an ignorant thing. Most people estimate (because we havent played them all) that 40-50% of all professions are busted.

You see a constant stream of patches because the game is so messed up. How can you think SOE is better when they have a lot more to fix ? And guess what, half the patches dont work. My wife finally quit her tailor after a publish which claimed to have fixed the bio tissues issue (it didnt). She came back a week later when I told her SOE hotfixed the bio clothing issue. Guess what, STILL NOT FIXED. Talk about incompetence when their own fixes dont fix !!!

Obvously not the same game as you, which is the point.  Yes, there have been many bug fixes, hence the frequencing of the publishes.  It is also why commenting on a game that doesn't resemble the one you played can't be taken seriously.

If you seriously believe combat professions are broken, then you are an idiot.  They have next to no bugs and fit their CU profile (balance).  As for smugglers, some left for CoH (posted on the foums) as they were unahappy with the new slice drops.  The other side of the coin (however) was in general people enjoyed the new combat role.  Also both DE and Tailor got their fixes a while back (i.e. bio clothing works).  So once again I challange you and ask what is broken with the professions?

Seriously you are way off goal.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Wow, you really can make all sorts of excuses for $OE can't you?

The patches are buggy - it's the QA guy
    They lie to the community - It's the PR guy
    They don't fix bugs - it's the dev team
    They screw up the game - It's Lucasart's fault.

You know what? That is $OE's game. Pure and simple. The coded it, they bugged it, they screwed it up by trying to impose the EQ2 system on top of it.

Sure LA told them to relax the Jedi thing.. but you didn't hear them complaining. Sure LA told them to make the two expansions... but did they resist? HELL NO. LA just pointed the direction and they're the ones who stumbled down the path.

$OE has shown for the past two years that they created a game that was just good enough to make the license holder happy. Not groundbreaking, not excellence, not even enough content or fixes to keep it going
    in spite of itself. It is their bastard stepchild plain and simple.

$OE made this mess... now they're lying in it.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Actually I was hoping you would post them, as although some would probably be valid simply by your other posts many would also be out of date.
    SWG....
    Most aren't broken...you act like thats a good thing!!! How about..none of them should be BROKEN!!!!!
    Not sure what you mean here...
    3) Instances (Correlian Corvette - which isn't that difficult as did it recently myself, Avatar Station)
    Just another word for QUEST..
    4) Raids (DBW, Geo Labs, Warran, Night Sister stronghold, NK, etc)
    5) Player ran cities
    99% of them are ghost towns
    6) Player businesses
    Loot items are killing that profession
    Wow..player mining...man way to go SOE..ill re-new my account right away...
    LOL...best part of the game!!
    10) Community content using game mechanics (i.e. entertainer shows, image designing)
    Pre-CU..I would agree with you on this part....now..they are a dieing breed also...very sad too..it did add a great diminsion to the game..
    11) Themeparks
    12) Grinding missions
    13) In debth crafting
    LOL...go tell the crafters that...Pre-CU crafting was great..now..well it sux.

Thanks for the info.

You know what really screws this game up...the ability to blend professions....it adds to many inbalances to the game....

The CU was supposed to give every profession a job..or point...right?

The classic TANK, CC, NUKER, HEALER...and so on....

Well SWG allows players to blend these together to make UBER TEMPs.....

Can you imagine if WOW was stupid enough to do this????

A SHAMAN/WARRIOR blend.........
    A PRIEST/ HUNTER.......
    A WARLOCK/ ROGUE..........

Sounds crazy right??

That is basically what SWG allows you to do...
    Idiots......

Obvously not the same game as you, which is the point.  Yes, there have been many bug fixes, hence the frequencing of the publishes.  It is also why commenting on a game that doesn't resemble the one you played can't be taken seriously.

If you seriously believe combat professions are broken, then you are an idiot.  They have next to no bugs and fit their CU profile (balance).  As for smugglers, some left for CoH (posted on the foums) as they were unahappy with the new slice drops.  The other side of the coin (however) was in general people enjoyed the new combat role.  Also both DE and Tailor got their fixes a while back (i.e. bio clothing works).  So once again I challange you and ask what is broken with the professions?

Oh good grief you cant be serious ? Here's a small list of ones just from the de forums....and by the way this is only HALF the issues in my one profession. I couldt fit in all of it.

This list is updated as needed and is meant to supplement the work done by the current correspondant and provide an idea of where this profession currently stands. Please read it over and provide any information you have regarding any of these issues, or any new issues you may have discovered.

In order to keep this thread accurate and up-to-date, please post any comments on matters of concern. I have tried to personally varify each of the bugs or uncertainties on the previous list, but I may have missed something. Many thanks to everyone that has posted on pervious versions of this thread.

With the latest version of this thread, I have decided to completely change how things are listed, in order to give the DEV team a complete run down of every single known issue. The Issues thread will be broken down into seperate sections that deal all aspects of the process. Bare with me, it is quite lengthy.

Section 1 deals with all known Droid User issues. These issues include all known droid use issues, from the stand point of a droid owner and the Droid Engineer. This section includes a number of 'improvements' that should be added in order to make the use of droids more intuitive.

Section 2 deals with Droid Engineer Schematic Issues. I have broken down and listed each and every schematic, in order, that a Master Droid Engineer has access to.

Section 3 deals with General Droid Engineer Crafting Issues. These Issues include all known Droid Engineer related issues including Mandolorian armor crafting and other droid related schematics.

Section 4 deals with community suggestions and recommendations to help fine tune the DE profession.
    • Light Blue signifies all section headings.
    • Yellow signifies all sub headings.
    • Red signifies all issues entries.
    • Violet signifies all Examples.
    • Green signifes all items that appear to be working as intended.

Message Edited by Drashk on 07-23-2005 10:20 AM in general people enjoyed the new combat role.  Also both DE and Tailor got their fixes a while back (i.e. bio clothing works).  So once again I challange you and ask what is broken with the professions?

Oh good grief you cant be serious ? Here's a small list of ones just from the de forums....and by the way this is only HALF the issues in my one profession. I couldt fit in all of it.

This list is updated as needed and is meant to supplement the work done by the current correspondant and provide an idea of where this profession currently stands. Please read it over and provide any information you have regarding any of these issues, or any new issues you may have discovered.

In order to keep this thread accurate and up-to-date, please post any comments on matters of concern. I have tried to personally varify each of the bugs or uncertainties on the previous list, but I may have missed something. Many thanks to everyone

150)?150:this.scrollHeight)">

07-08-2005 03:42 AM  

Report Abuse to a Moderator
    Add This Message to My Bookmarks
    Add This Message to My Subscriptions
    Highlight This Message
    Print This Message
    Print to End (Max 50)
    E-Mail this Message to a Friend
      Reply   Reply  

Section 1 - Droid User Issues (Part 1)   [ Edited ]
    Options    Options  
    Drashk
    Test Center Correspondent

Drashk

Reply 2of 23
    Viewed 2396 times

Section 1
    Droid User Issues

This section will cover all known Droid User issues. This section is broken down into a number of subsections that deal with issues per module, issues per Deed, issues per Misc Item, and general use issues. The issues listed here are only issues that arise with droid use, from both the standpoint of the end user and the Droid Engineer.

Modules

Auto-Repair Module
    • Issue -
      1. Auto-Repair Modules are not displaying the amount of healing that they produce. The healing icon appears over the droid and the Health bar increases the appropriate amount, but no listing is found in the combat window or the system message for the healing action.
      2. Auto-Repair Modules only heal once per every 10 seconds. With the removal of a droids ability to regen Health, the Auto-Repair Modules are the only way that a Droid can heal itself. Something needs to be done, to accomidate the removal of the Health Regen rate, either in the form of a reduction in time between healing pulses, or an increase in the Auto-Repair rate generated per module.  

Creature Harvester Module
    • Issue -
      1. If the droid owner is not grouped with anyone else, or is only grouped with the droid, the harvesting function will perform as normal. If the droid owner is grouped with other PCs, the harvesting function will perform 40% less then it did originally, regardless of whether or not the droid is grouped with it's owner or not. The droid should perform the same whehter the droid owner if grouped or not grouped.
      2. A modified effectiveness rating should be listed, in the datapad, for the droid owner. This listing should show the droid owner a value that the droid will offer, when used to harvest. This would be similar the modified DPS found on all weapons.
      3. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Creature Harvester module requires Novice Scout as a prerequisite.

Detonation Module
    • Issue -
      1. Not all effected targets are recieving the correct damage. The Combat scroll will list a target as having been damaged, however the HAM bars of the target are not effected. This appears to be a random occurance.
      2. The elemental damage that a Detonation module is supposed to produce does not show up in the Combat spam, with Verbose mode turned on. It is unknown whether or not the elemental damage is being appled at all.
      3. The only rating that is listed for a Detionation Module is the Detonation power. This number needs to be replaced by a damage range (Minimum Damage vs Maximum Damage) so that the end user can under stand the numbers easily, at a glance, as in the case of Weapon damage.
      4. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Detonation module requires Novice Bounty Hunter or Novice Smuggler as a prerequisite to use.

Droid Armor Module (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)
    • Issue -
      1. The Armor Effectiveness rating needs to be listed on the Droid Deed, of any droid that has a Armor Module installed. A Droid User does not know what the combat statics of a droid are until the droid users calls the droid from a deed. This listing should include the Armor Effectiveness and Defense Value of the droid .
      2. The Armor Effectiveness rating listed the first time that a droid is called from a deed, in the datapad, is not the same Armor Effectiveness rating that is listed on each subsequent use of the droid. The intial Armor Effectiveness rating appears to be based on 1000 x the Level of the Armor Module installed, or the effective level based upon the Armor Module Rating. Upon the second calling of the droid, the Armor Effectiveness is reduced to a rating which is solely based upon the CL of the droid.
        • Example -  A CL30 Droid with a Level 6 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 6000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 1217.
        • Example -  A CL25 Droid with a Level 5 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 5000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 783.
        • Example -  A CL20 Droid with a Level 4 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 4000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 20.
        • Example -  A CL15 Droid with a Level 3 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 3000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 0.
        • Example -  A CL10 Droid with a Level 2 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 2000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 0.
        • Example -  A CL5 Droid with a Level 1 Armor is called for the first time. The Armor Effectiveness rating is listed as 1000 in the datapad. The second time that the droid is called, the Armor Effectiveness rating is reduced to 0.
          • Examples listed as any droid with only 1 Armor Module installed, or a combonation of Armor Modules that produce the effectiveness of the level based upon the Armor Module Rating. These examples do not include the installationof a Droid Combat Module.

Droid Combat Module
    • Issue -
      1. Pre-Publish 18 Droids that have a Combat Rating listed, from the installation of a Combat Module, are not converting to combat capable droids, like they should.
      2. The Combat statics need to be listed on the Droid Deed, of any droid that has a Combat Module installed. A Droid User does not know what the combat statics of a droid are until the droid users calls the droid from a deed. This listing should include Damage, Speed, and To Hit.

Droid Crafting Station Module (Clothing, Food, Ship Component, Structure, & Weapon)
    • Issue -
      1. Use of any of the Crafting stations does not require the droid to be in a powered state. Even when the droid is in a Low Power state, the Crafting stations can be used.
      2. Randomly, when a droid is called inside a Character owned structure, the Droid Crafting Stations will cease to function correctly. The Crafting Modules will not function as a Private crafting station. Instead, they will function as Public Crafting Stations. The only known work around is to call the droid from outside the structure that the droid is not functioning in, and have it follow you inside.

Droid Personality Chips (Geeky, Sarcastic, Slang, Stupid, & Worshipful)
    • Issue -
      1. Droids with Personality Chips installed do not 'talk' often enough. Once every X minutes, the droid should say one phrase, at random. Most Converse style droid owners have mentioned that they wish to have their droid 'speak' at random intervals.

Droid Repair Module
    • Issue -
      1. Repair Modules can not repair the wound damage of the droid that the module is installed in.
      2. Post CU, Droids do not appear to be taking Health wound damage, or the instances of occurance are extremely low. This removes the primary use of the Repair Module.  

Effects Module (Avian, Confetti, Dancing Jawa, Electric Fog, Foam, & Mind Bloom)
    • Issue -
      1. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Effects modules require Novice Dancer or Novice Musician as a prerequisite to use.
      2. The use of a Effects module equiped droid should increase the status of an Inspiration buff in some way, such as increased duration or 1% effectiveness bonus.

Droid Structure Maintenance Module (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)
    • Issue -
      1. The removal of any structure, that is listed on a droid's maintenance list, by redeeding or destroying, without first removing the structure from droid's maintenance list, will cause the Structure Maintenance Module to become non-operational. The Structure Maintenance radial menu will still appear; however it will not be responsive.
        • Example - A Factory is assigned to a droid's maintenance list. The Factory is then redeeded, without first removing the structure from the droid's maintenance list. The Structure Mainenance radial will still appear on the droid, but the Perfor Maintenance Run and Edit Maintenance List options will not respond to any amount of clicking.
      2. Now that buildings draw credits from the owners bank account, when ever the maintenance pool runs out, the Structure Maintenance module has dropped in its usefulness. This module needs additional features, such as information on operation status for Factories and Harvesters. The ability to change the resource gathering on Harvesters. The ability to add power to a strructure or have a credit to power conversion rate, so that a structure can be powered up.
      3. The Structure Maintenance Rating needs to be changed on all Droid Deed and Datapad entries, so that it lists how many structures can be serviced. The current rating can be misleading and does not represent the actual ability of the droid, to the end user.
      4. No new structures can be added to the maintenance list of a droid. A toon, owning a maintenance droid, can pull up the Maintenance menu, on a structure radial menu. The owner can then chose the droid to be used, however no additional information is given. The System Message, stating that the droid has been added to the structure, does not appear and the structure is not added to the droid's maintenance list. This issue appeared with Publish 23, and the house pack up option.

Droid Data Module (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)
    • Issue -
      1. Use of the Data Module does not require the droid to be in a powered state. Even when the droid is in a Low Power state, the Data Module can be accessed.
      2. The amount of storage space that this module has should be displayed on the deed and datapad entry, along with the Pilot Cert Level.

Droid Item Storage Module (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)
    • Issue -
      1. Use of the Data Module does not require the droid to be in a powered state. Even when the droid is in a Low Power state, the Data Module can be accessed.
      2. Manufactoring Schematics can be placed in the Item Storage Module. Since Manufatoring Schematics are not 'physical items' this function appears to be a bug.
      3. The Item Storage Rating needs to be changed on all Droid Deed and Datapad entries, so that it lists how many items can be stored in the droid. The current rating can be misleading and does not represent the actual ability of the droid, to the end user.
      4. The maximum number of items that any droid can store is 10. This number should be increased, since Inventory and house storage was increased.

Droid Medical Module (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6)
    • Issue -
      1. This module should effect the Stimpack usage, including Stims delievered through the use on the Stimpack Dispensor module.

Merchant Barker Module
    • Issue -
      1. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Merchant Barker module requires Merchant Advertising IV as a prerequisite to use.
      2. With the addition of the Global Vendor search, the usefulness of this module has decreased. A change to the prerequisite, reducing it to Novice Merchant or Artisan Business IV, would make the module more useful.

Playback Module
    • Issue - 
      1. Droids can not be grouped with, while in space, making this module unusable on the to Entertainers in space. A fix for this issue is listed in Publish 20, but has been found not to work at this time.
      2. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Playback module requires Novice Musician as a prerequisite to use.

Scout Trap Projectile Module
    • Issue -
      1. The module appears to be working as intended, however the Trap system appears to not be working correctly.
      2. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Scout Trap Projectile module requires Novice Scout as a prerequisite to use.

Stimpack Dispenser Module
    • Issue -
      1. The Stim Pack Dispensor will still function, even if the droid becomes incapped.
      2. Stim Pack Dispensor Modules now cap at a 30 second delivery time. Since anyone can use Stim As, this module has an extremely limited use due to the slow delievery time. An increase to a maximum usage timer to 10  - 20 seconds per delievery, or the ability to load Stim Bs  would help to give this module more demand.
      3. This module should work in conjunction with the Medical Module, to increase the effectiveness of the Stimpack Heal.
      4. Installation of this module should include a lising on the Droid deed that states the Stimpack Dispenser module requires Medic Medical Support IV  as a prerequisite to load, but can be used by anyone.

Message Edited by Drashk on 09-16-2005 12:22 PM

150)?150:this.scrollHeight)">

Gorantoth's Centralized Droid Issues

Test Center Toons
    Calous, Drashka, Drakalous, Warric, Krishi, & Kal'us

07-08-2005 03:42 AM  

Mark Message as New
    Add This Message to My Bookmarks
    Add This Message to My Subscriptions
    Highlight This Message
    Print This Message
    Print to End (Max 50)
    E-Mail this Message to a Friend
      Reply   Reply  

Section 1 - Droid User Issues (Part 2)   [ Edited ]
    Options    Options  
    Drashk
    Test Center Correspondent

Drashk

Reply 3of 23
    Viewed 2407 times

Droid Deed

Binary Load Lifter Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. The Basic BLL(Binary Load Lifter) Deed does not have any room to insert a module, besides armor.
      2. The name of the Binary Load Lifter is very decieving to many Star Wars fans, when they play this game. The BLL has the same capacity to hold as many items as a MSE, yet the Advanced BLL can only be built by a Master Droid Engineer with the correct named resources. The BLL should have some form of extra capacity, such an item storage bonus, or the ability to move funhished structures.
      3. This droid is limited to the same naming filter that applies to Character naming. This means that the droid name can not have numbers included in its name, which does not seem to be very 'Star Warsy' since NPC Droids, of the same make, can be found with numbers in their name.
      4. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that the quality of the armor should be based off of the Armorsmiths skill and resources and not the 'akin type'.
        • Example - Someone should have the free choice to pick one droid style over another, based on a level playing field. A Treadwell Droid should be just as apealing as an R3 unit, to the 'new' customer, based on the same number of installed modules.

DZ70 Droid (Advanced & Basic)

• Issue -
      1. The DZ70 is one of two droids, that a DE can craft, that hovers as its mode of transportation. The movement speed of this droid is typically slower then most creature pets and is modified by terrain. Shouldn't the droid have a faster movement speed and not be effected by terrain. This droid should have a movement speed approximately equal to a mid-ranged speeder.
      2. This droid is limited to only melee combat, yet has a command toggle for ranged attacks. If the droid is not supposed to have a ranged attack, then the programming opition should be removed.
      3. This droid is limited to the same naming filter that applies to Character naming. This means that the droid name can not have numbers included in its name, which does not seem to be very 'Star Warsy' since NPC Droids, of the same make, can be found with numbers in their name.
      4. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.
        • Example - Someone should have the free choice to pick one droid style over another, based on a level playing field. A Treadwell Droid should be just as apealing as an R3 unit, to the base level customer, based on the same number of installed modules.

LE Repair Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. The name of the LE Repair Droid is very decieving to many Star Wars fans, when they play this game. The LE Repair Droid can not repair anything without the installation of a Repair Module. Given the Repair modules limited use, the LE Repair Droid still does not live up to its name. This droid should have some sort of bonus added to it, when ever dealing with repairs.
      2. This droid is limited to only melee combat, yet has a command toggle for ranged attacks. If the droid is not supposed to have a ranged attack, then the programming opition should be removed.
      3. Neither version of this droid 'Converses' with it's owner very often. With the desirer to make this game more 'Star Warsy', why don't droids talk to their masters very ofter?
      4. This droid can not be named. Not being able to name this droid makes it difficult to own more then one of this model, since they are listed with the same name in the datapad.
      5. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.
        • Example - Someone should have the free choice to pick one droid style over another, based on a level playing field. A Treadwell Droid should be just as apealing as an R3 unit, to the base level customer, based on the same number of installed modules.

MSE Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. This droid is limited to the same naming filter that applies to Character naming. This means that the droid name can not have numbers included in its name, which does not seem to be very 'Star Warsy' since NPC Droids, of the same make, can be found with numbers in their name.
      2. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

Power Droid (Advanced & Basic)

• Issue -
      1. Both the Advanced and Basic Power Droid must be recharged using a droid battery. Should this droid have the ability to run without the use of a battery? Or at least have the ability to recharge itself.
      2. This droid is limited to the same naming filter that applies to Character naming. This means that the droid name can not have numbers included in its name, which does not seem to be very 'Star Warsy' since NPC Droids, of the same make, can be found with numbers in their name.
      3. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

Probot Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. Sporadic reports have been made that Probots are being easily defeated by creatures that are lower then the CL of the droid. This is occuring when the droid is ungrouped and at random intervals. It is unknown how to reproduce this occurance, but has been known to happen after passing a border, such as a city border, or when the droid enters into melee range.
        • Example - A CL30 Probot enters combat with a CL10 mob, while ungrouped. The Droid will take and deliver damage as if it was a only Level 1.
      2. The Probot is one of two droids, that a DE can craft, that hovers as its mode of transportation. The movement speed of this droid is typically slower then most creature pets and is modified by terrain. Shouldn't the droid have a faster movement speed and not be effected by terrain. This droid should have a movement speed approximately equal to a mid-ranged speeder.This droid is limited to  combat, yet has a command toggle for ranged attacks. If the droid is not supposed to have a ranged attack, then the programming opition should be removed.
      3. The Ranged modifier is listed on the group and examine Health bar. This reduces the overalll movement speed of the droid, which is typically slower then all creature pets. 
      4. The ranged command toggle is not working correctly. You can issue the programable command to the droid, recieve a system message stating that the droid has been toggled to ranged combat, yet the droid will enter into melee range and combat.
      5. This droid is limited to the same naming filter that applies to Character naming. This means that the droid name can not have numbers included in its name, which does not seem to be very 'Star Warsy' since NPC Droids, of the same make, can be found with numbers in their name.
      6. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

Protocol Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. The Protocol droid is very decieving to many Star Wars fans, when they play this game. The Protocol droid's iconic role is to be a translator for those that do not understand a given language, yet in game this ability is not present. The Advanced Protocol Droid can only be built by a Master Droid Engineer with the correct named resources, yet it is no better then an Adv R4 unit. This droid should offer automatic translation, at least to the owner of the droid. 
      2. Neither version of this droid 'Converses' with it's owner very often. With the desirer to make this game more 'Star Warsy', why don't droids talk to their masters very ofter?
      3. The Protocol droid can not be color customized after it has been crafted, like all other droids. When a Customization Kit is used on the droid, the following system message appears ' a 3PO protocol droid does not have any customization options available'
      4. This droid can not be named. Not being able to name this droid makes it difficult to own more then one of this model, since they are listed with the same name in the datapad.
      5. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

R2 Droid (Advanced & Basic)
    • Issue -
      1. The ranged command toggle is not working correctly. You can issue the programable command to the droid, recieve a system message stating that the droid has been toggled to ranged combat, yet the droid will enter into melee range and combat.
      2. The Program Droid option is listed in the Datapad, for everyone that is a pilot, whether or not the droid has a Data Storage module present.
      4. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why should someone buy this droid, compared to the Advanced R3, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

R3 Droid (Advanced & Basic)

• Issue - 
      1. The ranged command toggle is not working correctly. You can issue the programable command to the droid, recieve a system message stating that the droid has been toggled to ranged combat, yet the droid will enter into melee range and combat.
      2. The Program Droid option is listed in the Datapad, for everyone that is a pilot, whether or not the droid has a Data Storage module present.
      4. Since droids are completely marketable dependent on how many modules it can hold, to the vast majority, why shouldn't someone only buy the advanced version of this droid, which can hold 6 different modules. Isn't this same concept that the CU removed with the revamping of how Armorsmith crafted works now? The concept that no single type of armor should be dependent on the graphic style of armor.

R4 Droid (Advanced & Basic) 
    • Issue -

R5 Droid (Advanced & Basic)

• Issue -
      3. <SPAN

Lets list some more since somehow grapevine isnt convinced. Here are the top issues (meaning there are a lot more but these are the ones the prof correspondent says must be fixed)...

CH - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=creature_handler&message.id=251521

Pistoleer - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=pistoleer&message.id=79613

Commando - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=commando&message.id=106427

Smuggler, obviously a long read over there - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=smuggler&message.id=98219

Tailor - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=tailor&message.id=47822

Jedi - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=1209692

Should I continue or will you remain ignorantly blind to the issues of SOE ?

Even more proof for the doubters...

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Bria&message.id=996922

SOE is so terrible with fixing things they've practically given up an entire server. And not just any server, but their most populated ones. The bugs and server crashes have been so bad, SOE is now offering a free transfer out of Bria.

Ever since the CU, Bria has never really worked right. They've had 5 day rollbacks....imagine losing 5 days of work image

Now over at WoW, servers might go down for a few hrs back at launch. But nobody ever lost 5 days worth of work over it. Then get told after 4 months, guys we cant really fix it so transfer lol. Pretty pathetic

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Bria&message.id=996922
    SOE is so terrible with fixing things they've practically given up an entire server. And not just any server, but their most populated ones. The bugs and server crashes have been so bad, SOE is now offering a free transfer out of Bria.
    Ever since the CU, Bria has never really worked right. They've had 5 day rollbacks....imagine losing 5 days of work image
    Now over at WoW, servers might go down for a few hrs back at launch. But nobody ever lost 5 days worth of work over it. Then get told after 4 months, guys we cant really fix it so transfer lol. Pretty pathetic

Wow, one server.  Shall we name how many server transfers Blizzard has needed.

Lets list some more since somehow grapevine isnt convinced. Here are the top issues (meaning there are a lot more but these are the ones the prof correspondent says must be fixed)...
    CH - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=creature_handler&message.id=251521
    Pistoleer - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=pistoleer&message.id=79613
    Commando - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=commando&message.id=106427
    Smuggler, obviously a long read over there - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=smuggler&message.id=98219
    Tailor - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=tailor&message.id=47822
    Jedi - http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=1209692
    Should I continue or will you remain ignorantly blind to the issues of SOE ?

You're even a bigger idiot than I thought.  Way to go, list month old threads.  The ones that are valid, hardly contain any bugs.  They are wish lists and some things that could do with tweaking, nothing defining a broken profession. 

The only combat profession that can be classed as broken is Commando.  Simply because it isn't a viable profession on its own.

Did you actually read them and when they were created?

Wow, one server.  Shall we name how many server transfers Blizzard has needed.

Oh and btw, Bria's problem was caused by a population explotion.  Its always been the most popular server and since the influx of new people it struggled (a lot), which if I recall occured over a two week period.  Now shall we get onto how many servers Blizzard have an issue with, since launch. 

Originally posted by BelisariusDL

SWG....
    Most aren't broken...you act like thats a good thing!!! How about..none of them should be BROKEN!!!!!
    Not sure what you mean here...
    4) Raids (DBW, Geo Labs, Warran, Night Sister stronghold, NK, etc)
    5) Player ran cities
    99% of them are ghost towns
    6) Player businesses
    Loot items are killing that profession
    Wow..player mining...man way to go SOE..ill re-new my account right away...
    LOL...best part of the game!!
    Pre-CU..I would agree with you on this part....now..they are a dieing breed also...very sad too..it did add a great diminsion to the game..
    11) Themeparks
    12) Grinding missions
    13) In debth crafting
    LOL...go tell the crafters that...Pre-CU crafting was great..now..well it sux.

Thanks for the info.

Since you kindly group things, without even looking at the WoW list.

WoW...

1) Quests (and don't think WoW doesn't have broken ones, because it does)

2) Battlegrounds

3) Limited crafting.

4) Gank some players or zerg.

SWG....

1) Quests

2) Fraction of some npcs cities can changed, based on PvP activities.

3) Player Cities.  Define a ghost town?  Are you saying a town is dead, even if it has an active population who use the towns facilities on a regular basis.  Just because they don't camp the area, doesn't mean they aren't used.  Also to some people running a city is their content.  All have mayors and I pretty sure most also have councils.

4) Community content, using game mechanics.  Maybe you need to check out the buffing changes they recently had, if you think they aren't used.

5) Player ran businesses.  Generally quest items aren't affecting them at all.  There has been a dip because of some loot, but they have certainly not killed anyones business.  However acknowledged, it was an oversight.

6) Player mining.  You may not like it, but some do.

7) In-debth crafting.

8) Zerging (i.e. Bestine and AH).

9) Space combat.

10) Player housing

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Shayde
    Wow, you really can make all sorts of excuses for $OE can't you?The patches are buggy - it's the QA guy
    They lie to the community - It's the PR guy
    They don't fix bugs - it's the dev team
    They screw up the game - It's Lucasart's fault.You know what? That is $OE's game. Pure and simple. The coded it, they bugged it, they screwed it up by trying to impose the EQ2 system on top of it.Sure LA told them to relax the Jedi thing.. but you didn't hear them complaining. Sure LA told them to make the two expansions... but did they resist? HELL NO. LA just pointed the direction and they're the ones who stumbled down the path.$OE has shown for the past two years that they created a game that was just good enough to make the license holder happy. Not groundbreaking, not excellence, not even enough content or fixes to keep it going
    in spite of itself. It is their bastard stepchild plain and simple.$OE made this mess... now they're lying in it.

Shayde,

What I find stunning is you're willing to blame SOE for everything but give LA a total pass on the fact that they are responsible for the changes. When LA told SOE to allow Jedi it's not like SOE could say no. It's NOT their game, as much as you'd like to believe it. SOE is only the developer. LA is the publisher and owner.

The patches are buggy (your words)... that's mostly SOE's fault. I agree. But LA *is* responsible for QA so it's partially their fault.

Please tell me when they lied to the community? I don't ever remember being lied to. I do remember them missing dates that they had estimated for things. Everything they've promised has eventually made it into the game. Whether you LIKE what they did is an entirely different story.

They don't fix bugs? I'm sorry what??? They fix bugs all the time. They haven't fixed *ALL* the bugs but they do fix many. And more were fixed about 1 month ago (when I left) than at any time prior. It was much more stable, bug free and most quests were working when I left. Yes some still need work but they're slowly but surely getting around to fixing the broken stuff. Much faster lately, I might add.

They screw up the game? Hmm? What? That's BOTH companies fault. But personally I haven't seen anything that's "screwed up the game". Personally I liked most parts of the CU. There are a few things I don't like but overall it's much better than things were previously. The only "Screwups" in the game, as far as I'm concerned are:
    1) They added jedi
    2) They continue to add content FOR Jedi

SOE didn't make this mess alone. LA had a huge helping hand. I blame both companies equally.

It's ok to not like the game but this blind hatred is rediculous. I don't play anymore, for various reasons. One of them being that I feel SWG is badly mis-managed by the two companies. But even I can admit that the game is fun and does appeal to a large number of people.

The game has issues. This is true as well. There are some bugs that are 'annoyance' level out there but for the most part you won't run into them. The biggest problem is, to this day, broken quests. Thankfully they appear to have been working on that as there are fewer broken quests with every patch. Eventually I hope they fix all of them.

But this blind hatred that makes you say the game is dying or the game isn't profitable or the game is closing and just flat out making up rumors about what the next expansion is going to be is just silly. The game is a fun game for many people and it's certainly profitable with over 250,000 subscribers. And I suggest you go read MMORPGCHART.COM before stating that those numbers are "made up" or "Just because of the station pass" They clearly state, on the site, that the numbers reported only appear to be people who have the pass and actually have SWG active on it. That's a valid count. If you have SWG active then you ARE a subscriber, AAP or not.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

good grief grapevine, those lists werent enough for you ? You need specifics ? Yes some are wish lists, but 99% of is broken things. Here's a list for your peabrain...

jedi lightsaber speed tapes dont work. Yes they add to stats if you examine saber. However extensive testing indicates no actual benefit. Thunderheart finally acknowledged the bug recently but followed with SOE's typical response of no eta on a fix.

Droids.....

armor on a droid first displays ay 7k. store droid and recall it and it immediately drops down to 1217.

combat droids for some reason will have lower attack output for no reason. One minute they're attacking for 159 damage and the next it drops to 30 on same mob.

droids stop responding to command. they wont come if you call.

Droids will sometimes suddenly take off in opposite direction for no reason.

droids can be healed by a cm / bh tossing bacta heals out. a known exploit but no response on possible fix.

droid cant attack a lair

droid will explode into pieces after getting incapped. However when you heal it, it still looks blown to pieces. Funny to see a bunch of droid pieces following you around

C3PO droid still cant learn its name

ranged attack commands on combat droids dont work. they only know melee

Umm, is this enough for you grapevine ? And this is just my alt's profession. Or maybe I need some divine intervention for you to see the light and realize this game is a mess

• kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

These two, at least, have been around in some form or another since release. My original Probot had that issue at times. Would stop responding and just sit there looking stupid.

Kai

To quote myself...

good grief grapevine, those lists werent enough for you ? You need specifics ? Yes some are wish lists, but 99% of is broken things. Here's a list for your peabrain...
    jedi lightsaber speed tapes dont work. Yes they add to stats if you examine saber. However extensive testing indicates no actual benefit. Thunderheart finally acknowledged the bug recently but followed with SOE's typical response of no eta on a fix.
    Droids.....
    armor on a droid first displays ay 7k. store droid and recall it and it immediately drops down to 1217.
    ever see a warlock's voidwalker in wow lose its armor rating suddenly ?
    combat droids for some reason will have lower attack output for no reason. One minute they're attacking for 159 damage and the next it drops to 30 on same mob.
    ever see a player's pet in WoW suddenly start attacking much weaker ?
    that ever happen to any pet in WoW ?
    That ever happen in WoW ?
    droids can be healed by a cm / bh tossing bacta heals out. a known exploit but no response on possible fix.
    droid cant attack a lair
    Any type of attackable thing in WoW suddenly become off-limits to your pet ?
    droid will explode into pieces after getting incapped. However when you heal it, it still looks blown to pieces. Funny to see a bunch of droid pieces following you around
    ever see a dead cat following his hunter master ?
    C3PO droid still cant learn its name
    ranged attack commands on combat droids dont work. they only know melee
    ever see a pet have an ability simply never work ?
    Umm, is this enough for you grapevine ? And this is just my alt's profession. Or maybe I need some divine intervention for you to see the light and realize this game is a mess

The answer to all is NO. WoW works, SWG doesnt in half the cases. Therefore its simple, Blizzard would do a much better job. And anyone who cant see that is in utter denial

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

The answer to all is NO. WoW works, SWG doesnt in half the cases. Therefore its simple, Blizzard would do a much better job. And anyone who cant see that is in utter denial

It does NOT MATTER.

I can't stress that enough.

Blizzard basically copied their own game into another bigger game.

But they never had to contend with a hands-on publisher like Lucas. If Blizzard made SWG, I foresee that it would have been an old-school MMO with nothing new, with old-school quests, it would look like the Star Wars cartoons, and you wouldn't be able to play it because when it comes to large server farms - Blizzard still doesn't know what they are doing.

HOWEVER, I will agree that it would have...millions of subscribers.

That doesn't testify to the quality of the experience in the MMO, it just states that people would have trusted Blizzard before SOE anyday.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo