Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 will have cash shops.

Comments

• Blackstar347Blackstar347 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Can this thread be closed? This is common knowledge and will only lead to arguments talked about hundreds of times before
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by azrael466
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I think what most people misunderstand is.

I'm not saying its pay to win, I'm not saying "OMFG GW2 IS TAH DEVILZ!", I'm not even against the cash shop - I'm not going to be playing the game, it doesn't effect me at all.

I -am- however saying all the "lawlz TSW cash shop is failorz because of stuff" are, in fact, hypocrites.

are you trying to ignore what I'm saying? many people don't like TSW and other cash shops because you NEED real money to buy things in the shop.. in GW2 you can get every item in the cash shop without spending a single penny of real money

You're really the only person whos said that, everyone else is making different excuses..

What?! Ive said it twice and Heartless has also mentioned it, not to mention Aerowyn stating it various times. That is where the "are you trying to ignore..." comes from.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Grotar89

I -am- however saying all the "lawlz TSW cash shop is failorz because of stuff" are, in fact, hypocrites.

No they are not

Box+sub+cash shop is unacceptable today

Box+ cash shop is more okay + you can buy stuff from cash shop without real money, you can trade in game gold for cash shop currency.

Those ppl just dont want to be milked by Funcom.

Sept, that, they are because games that have subs and cash shop are entirely cosmetic. You get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the cash shop that helps you in ANY, WAY. If they offered things like exp potions in the cash shop. THEN it would be comparable and unacceptable.

That's not true at all. Take a look at AO's, AoC's, WAR's LoTRO and DDO's cash shops. Those games still do charge a subscription fee, even if they have a F2P option.

WoW's cash shop has a pet which can be sold on the AH and traded with players. That's sanctioned RMT right there.

Edit: as far as TSW goes, the only way to customize your character in TSW is with clothing, since talismans only add stats but don't change the way your character looks. It's a pretty well known fact that TSW's cash shop has much cooler looking outfits than the in-game clothing shop. So yea, the cash shop is cosmetic but if you want your character to actually look cool, be prepared to drop $10 for a jacket.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Damn OP too slow. Do a search at the MMORPG Guild Wars 2 forum, this CS has been discuss to death.

Another WOW troll.

/thread

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I think that a super-fan of Guild Wars 2 who is short on cash should still have the ability to collect microtransaction items like town clothes and mini-pets. And I think that a Guild Wars 2 player who comes home late from work every night and can’t spend as much time playing as his friends do should also have the ability to collect those really unique in-game items. Letting players trade with each other empowers them to use whatever they have to make up for whatever they don’t have.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/21/guild-wars-2-interview-monetization/#RtTd0LhilBM2wltr.99

From Mike O Brien co founder of ANet. And that is why GW2 rocks

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    I'm just going to say this once because I respect your opinions...

GW2 has a cash shop. If I put back $15 per account per month and spend that on the cash shop then I'll still come out ahead because I can't for the life of me find $15/mo worth of stuff to buy off the cash shop... But GOD bless people who can because they support the game and benefit us all.

That is all.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

according to http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html there will be a cash shop implemented in the game. Now while I won't go into any specific details this will include buying things such as crafting, experience, and karma boosts as well as a "find magic" boost which increases the chance to get rare items among the standard cash shop fare like renames and character slots.

Remember a few years when WoW announced they would be selling a few non-combat pets for real cash and everyone got their panties in a knot screaming about how much cash shops fail, no good game will ever have a cash shop, and they're quitting because of it?

Or how when TSW was being released, all the trolls went on and on about "lawlz P2W" when the only thing in the cash shop are clothes and pets?

pepperidge farm remembers. /flamesuit.

Ohh look its this thread again.  I take it the 745 other threads debunking P2W isnt enough so we need one more?

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

I just pissed myself from laughter.
  • azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by xmenty

Damn OP too slow. Do a search at the MMORPG Guild Wars 2 forum, this CS has been discuss to death.

Another WOW troll.

/thread

You're either incapable of reading or incredable dense..Thats the only way I can logically see why you'd assume anyone is a 'WoW troll" considering i haven't played WoW since very early cata, and I unsubbed TSW too - Not because the game, because I can't manage to play it with time contrants.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by OldManFunk
    I'm just going to say this once because I respect your opinions...

GW2 has a cash shop. If I put back $15 per account per month and spend that on the cash shop then I'll still come out ahead because I can't for the life of me find $15/mo worth of stuff to buy off the cash shop... But GOD bless people who can because they support the game and benefit us all.

That is all.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Is it 2009?
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

you only today noticed gw2 has a cashshop? :O

but no worries, the cosmetic items are .. cosmetic and all the the boosts also can be found in pvp chests, mystic chests and some achievs.. (mystic chests use mystic keys.. those are also for sale but also are quite easiliy given away by dailly/weekly/monthly achievs)

So no biggy in my opinion.. after not missing a single bwe or stress test :D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by heartless

according to http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html there will be a cash shop implemented in the game. Now while I won't go into any specific details this will include buying things such as crafting, experience, and karma boosts as well as a "find magic" boost which increases the chance to get rare items among the standard cash shop fare like renames and character slots.

Remember a few years when WoW announced they would be selling a few non-combat pets for real cash and everyone got their panties in a knot screaming about how much cash shops fail, no good game will ever have a cash shop, and they're quitting because of it?

Or how when TSW was being released, all the trolls went on and on about "lawlz P2W" when the only thing in the cash shop are clothes and pets?

I called it earlier today! The P2W is back!

Edit: I'm getting pretty good at predicting what type of hate posts we're going to get.

But....but...I was hoping for something that was more intellectually challenging....

Oh wait, I forgot, beating the dead horse is their only fallback now. Keep them coming!

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

can the opening post please explain if i spend £100  pounds in the cash shop  how will i  win

and  one more point

if i spent £10 last month in the cash shop i would have acctualy got somthing for my money

what did you get for your subscription  for the last six months?

• Lion.CrossLion.Cross Member Posts: 13
    Thank your for you enlightning post OP! The world is forever in your debt for saving us from the evil GW2 cash shop...
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

according to http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/ritem/upset_over_guild_wars_2_cash_shop_leak.html there will be a cash shop implemented in the game. Now while I won't go into any specific details this will include buying things such as crafting, experience, and karma boosts as well as a "find magic" boost which increases the chance to get rare items among the standard cash shop fare like renames and character slots.Remember a few years when WoW announced they would be selling a few non-combat pets for real cash and everyone got their panties in a knot screaming about how much cash shops fail, no good game will ever have a cash shop, and they're quitting because of it?Or how when TSW was being released, all the trolls went on and on about "lawlz P2W" when the only thing in the cash shop are clothes and pets?pepperidge farm remembers. /flamesuit.

Diffrence between TSW and GW2 = TSW wont make the end of 2013 while GW2 will still be growing.

Funcom will make sure of that rofl

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

A summary to all the GW2 'hate' threads:

Uninformed cash shop rambles, for people who can't think beyond the mental conditioning they've been lnflicted with.

GW2 has no raids, for people who can't think beyond the mental conditioning they've been inflicted with.

GW2 has no trinity, for people who can't think beyond the mental conditioning they've been inflcted with.

GW2 has no sub, for people who can't think beyond the mental conditioning they've been lnflicted with.

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

TSW is one of the highest retention rates ive seen in any MMO of recent date. So no i don't think it will die out any time soon.

The response of Funcom = bad is dumb, very dumb. if anything you can say Funcom Launches bad, and thats about it. but fine a attack deserves a rebuttle.

dont worry once people realize the lack of content GW2 has with repeated Dynamic events over and over they will leave and it wont last to 2013.

and before people claim im just another hater, read my previous posts in the GW2 discussion area. ive said many times that i want GW2 to be successful. but my sig speak for itselt.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

BLAH BLAH BLAH - nothing new here - not P2W - you should really get out more.

Everything you get in the cash shop can be had in the game so it is not P2W.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all

*snip*

Then why do you start a thread here about a 5 month old article that's outdated?

imageimage
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

TSW is a good game, I bought it few days ago and am playing it, but compared to GW2 it's the biggest scam in history of MMOs - you pay for the box, you pay monthly sub and when you're setting up an account, you are presented with an option to buy one of  3 "starter packeges", two of which cost more than a game itself (one is a lifetime sub), in a way that suggests it is neccesary to buy at least one. Also, those packeges contain  weapons and gear for your character to use from the beggining of the game.

I didn't buy any of this, as I knew it is not neccesary and a waste of money, but it's obvious that many people who don't follow the game before buying it, will choose to buy at least the basic packege, thinking it is mandatory.

All of this in a game with cash shop. Such a thing is most dirty and disgusting move I ever saw made by a MMO developer. Exactly what I expected from Funcom, to be honest.

Compared to this, Guild Wars 2 is a paradigm of honesty.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

wait wut? gw2 will have a cs?! NO WAI!

wow OP! u must have awesum brainz or be a timetraveller to know this already!

impressive!

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Lmao a day late and a gem short.
  • mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by heartless

Well, admittedly. I don't follow GW2, in fact I have no interest in it at all and the only reason I know about this is because someone brought it to my attention on another gaming forum.

I just think its hilarious how the same things GW2 fanboiz(no one speciifc) used to bash other games and claim "this game suxorz GW2 is going to be the GOD OF MMOZOMFGWTFABBQ!", are now being ignored or excused when they get put in their beloved MMO...That isn't even out yet.

All the other games, like TSW, have a box price, cash shops and subscription fees.

GW2 only has a box price and a cash shop. See the difference?

other games, like TSW, are also PURELY COSMETIC, where as GW2 is putting in things like XP pots and karma.

So, its okay to put things that actually change the game experience for you, as long as you don't charge a sub. But if you do charge a sub, its not okay to even put cosmetic only items in the game?

I just want to clearify exactly what you're saying.

oh no someone might level faster then me the horror the terrible advantage they have over me leveling fasting and skipping content. An xp potion and and kind of experience potion does not affect your sole gameplay unless your only reason to playing the game is to get to leavel cap first IMO.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    So was the op trying to troll with an article that he thought was current ?

Lolipops !

This discussion has been closed.