Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFgame : thats fun to tank

tony1420tony1420 Member Posts: 12

any game in which tanking is enjoyable. I have played quite alot of mmo's but i haven't played anything in the past few months so i am open to any mmo.

I enjoy alot of different game types such as anime, fantasy, ect. 

I had recently tried eden eternal the past week which was very enjoyable but the number of cilent side bugs is outstanding, crashing when loading at times, random server disconnects, not often but its pretty gay for a tank would buff and the buff does not show on your buff bar. So i believe i will leave this game alone, which is sad because it was very fun when i didn't encounter these bugs and tech/forum support is not there.

i had played linegae 2 which was fun got to level 90 and such but that game (to me at least ) is a very social game after people in the guild i was in got tired of grinding and it became constant complaining i lost the desire to play.

other then those two games i am open to any suggestions.

thank you for your time

Comments

• Ban_KhaerosBan_Khaeros Member Posts: 27

Rift has some interesting tanking options.

Warriors have the most, with three tanking souls.  Each plays slightly different, with focuses on magic damage reduction, physical damage reduction, blocking, etc.

Rogues have one.  The rogue tanking soul is very powerful - it has a lot of teleports and self-buffs, and a pretty nice array of AOE.  Rogue tanks who know what they're doing can pull off some amazing stunts with correct use of teleports.  If you're looking for something different, this is the calling to be. 

Clerics also have one.  While it's a little squishy at the start, geared cleric tanks are very powerful.  They are focused on self-healing abilities that may alleviate some pressure from the healer.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I have a 60 Lancer in Tera. The tanking is a blast. If that's what you want, you'll enjoy it quite a bit. Unfortunately, the game gets pretttttty boring after you've done their miniscule end-game content. Maybe if you started now, with the new content coming soon, it might be better for you.
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

www.darkwind.com

Tanking takes on a whole new meaning in this game.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• tony1420tony1420 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by wormed
    I have a 60 Lancer in Tera. The tanking is a blast. If that's what you want, you'll enjoy it quite a bit. Unfortunately, the game gets pretttttty boring after you've done their miniscule end-game content. Maybe if you started now, with the new content coming soon, it might be better for you.

i had thought about tera but on the fourms there had been a post regarding gear grind.  I know when someone does not like something they tend to make it sound worse then it is but the poster had said someone on the lines of you grind gear upgrade the gear and the new gear you get from higher tier dungeons are crap until you upgrade them to the same levels  of upgrades as your previous. 

i don't really have an issue with this but i had questions regarding how practial that system is. I like p2p games cause they don't have cash shop where the upgrading of gear is usually the cash cow and it is easier to gain these items to upgrade. but the poster made it seem like upgrading was a long hard process if anyone can clearify that would be great.

Rift does seem pretty amazing with the cross class consept but i read on the forums that the end game was a bit unfilling or to easy rather.

I like to go though the forums because for me at least just about every game is fun when your leveling up because your always getting something new and your still learning about the game.  At max level is when you spend the most time playing at least for the more recent games so instead of playing to find misery at max level i like to see what the current max levels see although it can be highly misleading at times.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    It's a gear grind... but the tanking is fun. That's all ya need, right? It's not an *awful* gear grind, but it's there. You can get pretty great stuff on broker pretty easily as well. Only the best of the best stuff is an ultra gear grind.
  • tony1420tony1420 Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by wormed
    It's a gear grind... but the tanking is fun. That's all ya need, right? It's not an *awful* gear grind, but it's there. You can get pretty great stuff on broker pretty easily as well. Only the best of the best stuff is an ultra gear grind.

thanks for your input i just ordered it  because of you and got it through amazing since its less then half off if you order the actual game shipped to you then digital purchase lol so i will play when i get it.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

WWIIonline

Really really awsome to tank. Remember when my tracks where blow away while being half on the road into a town. Unable to move and so many cannons, but actually held out pretty long taking out a couple of AT's and tanks. PS2 will also be fun to tank in I guess.  :P

but oke, I though taking in WAR was actually fun to to. Especially as the Knight of the Sun or however he is called.