Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if Blizzard ran SWG ?

Comments

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by ladygator
    I'm a lady and SWG has been the only game that my husband has been able to get me hooked on. I was instantly mezmerized by the game from the day he installed it. We even bought another computer so that I could have my own account.
    3 accounts later and we, along with all of our guildmates have quit. We are tired of all the bugs and proffesions that aren't working as intended but never get fixed.
    This game has so much to offer if someone could just fix it.
    I cannot find another game that compares. Love all the different proffesion options, the houses, player cities, economy, and interactions within the community. The resources are simply amazing. I tried EQ2 and couldn't get over the fact that I had to harvest 1 item at a time and sell off-line.
    I would love to see either SWG get fixed or another company that can compete with it at every level, without the bugs, and better CS.
    Cause currently, Hubby and most of the guild is playing that new first person shooter and I'm out here with nothing to do,lol.image

Just a tip: If you are playing EQ2 you don't have to sell offline. Put items in your house vault (get a couple 10 (or more) slot bags and put them in your house vault slots. This will give you TONS of room to put items for sale. And set their prices up. Then you will be selling both on and offline as your house vault will continue selling while you play or while you're offline.

Just thought I'd help you out. As far as the gathering of resources? I like EQ2's method better than SWG's really... it's more fun to me. And it encourages a class of "gatherers" since "crafters" don't really have time to run around gathering items. Kind of like SWG but better I think... because you can't just run out and plop a harvester down and check it every week or two. Makes for a more interactive economy in my opinion and gives non-crafters a reason to harvest. I make decent money just selling the stuff I harvest as I wander about Norrath.

But I agree... SWG has loads and loads of potential if they can just iron out some of the kinks.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by Shayde

[Delusion.. table for one.
    Man, if you want a list of all the things $OE has DENIED OPENLY then actually did... we could be here all day.

** sarcasm mode on **

Thank you for the quick reply and posting all the hard facts, links and proof I asked you about. It makes your other posts even more valuable as a basis for our opinion about SWG.

** sarcasm mode off **

Have fun

Erillion

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924

Again, if you are looting things that are as good as crafters can make, you need to find a crafter that knows what he's doing. I've made my living for 2 years now being a Droid Engineer, and am a very rich puppy. Yes being a crafter is demanding and it's tough and you have to think, that's why I like it and why I don't like WoW.

Trust me the loot rifle and carb I am using is better then 99% of player crafted rifles or carbines.  Finding the 1% crafted item would cost me 1000% percent more and isn't even worth it for pvp let alone normal usage. 

So you Selling alot of droids post cu?  Come one you only need to read the droid engineer forum page to see the suffering of the class. Need I only steal 1 post from the DE correspondant.

"I got a response back from the devs, the xp reduction when using combat droids is intended. "

Now you tell everyone how your selling droids left and right post cu.  Please.  The number 1 de issue is zero decay.

Wow first you say how complex the crafting system is, then you say it isn't so which is it? You are obviously clueless, as one of the highest praises the game gets is from its crafting system.

The crafting system is overly complex on required materials, time and energy to produce items and allows for massive production with factories.  It is in no way dynamic or skill based. Anyone giving the exact same resources can produce the exact same product.  Crafting was once unique and different crafters actually mattered.  Then the cu came and raped experimention point bonuses and added 30k stacks of resources long since spawned.  You telling me feeding a factory with resources is fun is like me telling you watching paint dry is exciting. It once mattered who the guy making your stuff.  Now I could care less.

Please name the non-jedi walking god-mode class post CU in SWG, but again you missed the point of the post: In WoW if you don't want to fight, all you can do is log off. It's all they have in the game, so of course it's well developed. When that's all a game offeres, they have the time to make it better.

Well I would venture rifleman/bh/cm is near invincible.  I haven't been killed in pve yet with it.  Jedi you say to leave out as if you can.  Its a god mode class.  Name 1 server without a jedi plague? Oh and wear no armor and just spam 2 specials while grouped.  Whoopie! So awesome! If i want pvp I can play a jedi.

You need to imporve your reading comprehension. I NEVER said SWG doesn't lag. I will tell you it lags FAR FAR less than WoW. I will also show you screen shots of my computer with all video settings on max fighting at the FS villiage with TONS of other people fighting with me. If I knew how do do a video capture would have. That isn't really the point though, you see someone else lied and said they never lagged in WoW, I corrected them.

Its called fraps. Download it and you can do video capture.  You made it out like wow lags worse then swg and swg has had the worst lag I have ever seen period.  I dont play wow but you implied by your negative statements against wow that swg was better.  I dont need to imporve my reading comprehension. My spelling maybe. You on the other hand only seem to grasp the concepts of the english language when it suits you.  Also if your going to  throw out insults please spell the words write when you insult someones reading skills.  SWG has tons of lag problems.  Always has always will.  Can any MMO be lag free without elimanating dialup users and heavy instancing? NO!  SWG lags alot. That is all you need to know.

Actually you'd be wrong. I think every Star Wars movie after Empire Strikes Back was garbage. So the Star Wars name doesn't hold any mystical facination with me. What I like about SWG is the depth of the game. I can't think of anything you can do in any other MMO that I can't do in SWG (possible exception is EVE, but I've never played it) and I can think of a lot I can do in SWG that you can't do in any other game

I cannot name 1 orginal idea thought up by soe and put into swg.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

if blizzard ran SWG youd never get bug fixes cept maybe 4 times a year. blizzard TOTALLY SUCKS at updating their products, EVERY GAME THEY HAVE EVER MADE

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by protoroc
    if blizzard ran SWG youd never get bug fixes cept maybe 4 times a year. blizzard TOTALLY SUCKS at updating their products, EVERY GAME THEY HAVE EVER MADE

I'll take quarterly over $OE's policy of "Ignore bugs that have been in the game since beta and not fix ones in the last expansion before pushing the next"

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

I'll take quarterly over $OE's policy of "Ignore bugs that have been in the game since beta and not fix ones in the last expansion before pushing the next"

Um... there are still bugs in WoW since Beta :) Just as an FYI Shayde...

Not dissagreeing with the overall philosophy you're talking about. But Blizzard is just as bad about putting in new content before the old stuff is completely fixed. Hell they slapped in PVP without making sure classes were balanced first. And, as I mentioned, there are still bugs in the game since Beta.

Not saying it has as many bugs as SWG, it doesn't, it's a far less complicated game so it had far fewer bugs. But if you're going to hold one gaming company to a certain standard then you need to apply your standard fairly to all companies.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

oh and you dont think bli$$ard doesnt ignore bugs, what about capping tower flags in alterac valley BG through the wall?

and CS is absolutely horrible. like right now. today was a rolling restart of all realms (thats were only 4-5 servers come down at one time), no one can log on right now, has there been not one post about this. nope millions players ignored, not even a "we dont know what the problem is but well try to fix it asap, sorry for the inconvience"

ive trolled SOE forums and ive trolled bli$$ard forums, SOE definately listens to its customers much more the bli$$ard ever could. on EQ2 forums, if players had a problem the CM would contact the devs for an answer (not always tho, we had to bitch about it but eventually thier mods improved). bli$$ard wont even acknowledge the problem and ignore major issues, to post on some stupid thread about what your favorite color is

Originally posted by Elnator

Um... there are still bugs in WoW since Beta :) Just as an FYI Shayde...

Not dissagreeing with the overall philosophy you're talking about. But Blizzard is just as bad about putting in new content before the old stuff is completely fixed. Hell they slapped in PVP without making sure classes were balanced first. And, as I mentioned, there are still bugs in the game since Beta.

Not saying it has as many bugs as SWG, it doesn't, it's a far less complicated game so it had far fewer bugs. But if you're going to hold one gaming company to a certain standard then you need to apply your standard fairly to all companies.

"Hell they slapped in PVP without making sure classes were balanced"

You gotta be kidding. SWG hasn't had balanced classes YET. They sat on it for TWO YEARS, then the half-assed CU, which was SUPPOSED to fix things just added two alpha classes and gutted all other classes. If you aren't a Jedi, or a Rifleman/BH/CM you are dead... although Jedi destroy ALL.

Take houses & Cities and JTL out of SWG and it is no more complicated than WoW... ESPECIALLY in the core system. WoW got the build right and everything else is tweaking... SWG is rotten to the CORE.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by haxxjoo

Trust me the loot rifle and carb I am using is better then 99% of player crafted rifles or carbines.  Finding the 1% crafted item would cost me 1000% percent more and isn't even worth it for pvp let alone normal usage. 
    --> You have a rifle better than a Trando Hunting rifle crafted by an "inspired", well fed, drunk  12 pt force sensitive (crafting) weaponsmith, made with the best resources ever spawned, using BH loot drop weapon enhancements or Krayt/Gorax/Acklay stuff ? Then you are one of the rare few that have looted a legendary weapon. None of the other stuff can compare. 99 % of the crafted rifles are factory crafted trash bought from vendors.
    So you Selling alot of droids post cu?  Come one you only need to read the droid engineer forum page to see the suffering of the class.
    --> I am a DE since summer 2003. Compared to the first year we are not suffering at all. Back then DE was for masochists. Not everything is rosey, but our BH tracking droids and astromech droids are selling like crazy.
    Now you tell everyone how your selling droids left and right post cu.  Please.  The number 1 de issue is zero decay.
    --> BH droids DO decay when used :-)  As do bomb droids. Kinda :-)
    The crafting system is overly complex on required materials, time and energy to produce items and allows for massive production with factories.  It is in no way dynamic or skill based. Anyone giving the exact same resources can produce the exact same product.  Crafting was once unique and different crafters actually mattered. 
    --> I disagree and it still matters a lot who is the one doing the crafting. Crafters with a good rep and experience still sell much more than Joe Crafter.
    Well I would venture rifleman/bh/cm is near invincible. 
    --> Good, but not invincible.
    If i want pvp I can play a jedi.
    --> True in small scale engagements. In large scale GCW battles they die before reaching "the thin red line".
     Can any MMO be lag free without elimanating dialup users and heavy instancing? NO!  SWG lags alot. That is all you need to know.
    --> With many people in one place it lags. As does WoW. Or EVE. Or any other game I know (with maybe DAOC being least affected).
    I cannot name 1 orginal idea thought up by soe and put into swg.
    --> Twitch based MMORPG space shooter ?
    --> Player event tools and props ?
    --> Just to name the first two that came into my mind.
    --> Have fun,  Erillion

shayde all im saying is just because you think SOE is a pile of dog crap, dont just assume blizzard is any better. if anything blizzard is even more money hungry then SOE, considering the more you have of something (money) that more need of it you have (greed)

shayde all im saying is just because you think SOE is a pile of dog crap, dont just assume blizzard is any better. if anything blizzard is even more money hungry then SOE, considering the more you have of something (money) that more need of it you have (greed)

$OE bought out Matrix so they could get their hands on the DC comics license, then they consolidate their servers and fire most of the staff. There hasn't been an event in MxO since $OE took over. Oh, and because the servers have been merged, the lag in unberarable. If THAT'S not money-hungry greed, I don't know what is.

Blizzard has shown over and over that they are doing their best to make WoW the best game it can possibly be. That is a tough task, especially when they have 10 times the subscribers SWG has. They are adding high-end content. They are balancing some classes. They have done more since launch than SWG has done in two years... and they're not even a year old.

It is all about the effort.. and $OE just hasn't put fourth any. Not unless it has a $29.99 expansion pricetag on it, and even then it is half assed.

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

Double-post

Shayde - SWG (dead)

imageimage

you can think what you want but i know for a fact like whats going on now with WOW logon would have been answered almost immediately by SOE staff....

its 3 hours later and still not one post by a blizzard CM

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506

You are completly clueless man. This is Blizzards first MMO ever and it has less than 1/10 of the bugs I found while playing SWG. Everyone said the launch was horrible for WoW but all I had was lag when I looted and a crash maybe twice a day then bam its back on. SWG at launch had several proffessions not even in yet with lag and bugs up the ass.

Blizzards pvp is MUCH more balance than SWG has ever been. SWG was done horribly wrong I mean look at how the missions used to be for like a year. You got a mission. Went to the hive or whatever. Go up and use an AOE over and over. Rinse and repeat. Lamest system in the world. WoW has instances, quests, and a great story line and everything WORKS. I really like the Batllegrounds in WoW also, everyone does their share of work in AV no matter what class you are. You might think its unbalanced cause u die alot but I got a group of friends that never lose cause we work together and we are alliance.

SWG would be much better off as a Blizzard game. They wouldn't release a half ass game.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Actually the only clueless ones are those idiots who come in here making state of the game comments when they either haven't played or havn't for some time.

If you are commenting based on how SWG was more than 5 months ago, you might as well being discussing vapourwear.  That game doesn't exit anymore.  SWG has seen vast improvements since, with patches being typically 2-3 weeks apart.

Without doubt Blizzard can code good games, but in supporting a mmorpg and the community they attract they are amongst the worst.  Possibly the worst, amongst the key players.   So without even considering who could implement the best game, I think the most important question is who could provide the better complete gaming experience.  WoW is very shallow in its content (i.e. what else is there to do but quest and some PvP).  Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character.  While SWG is quickly moving towards being heavy on quests, its game mechanics are geared towards community building.

• DarktongueDarktongue Member Posts: 276

Originally posted by Darktongue
    Still remains that Blizzard made a great game and havent advanced it much if any.
    SOE made a so so game and have advanced much much more than blizzard.

Not to say one is better than the other but you cannot stand still in the MMO game market. Blizzard are now droppin behind and need to shift their butts.

Any facts to back your opinion? Blizzard made a game that is still far superior to SWG no matter how much half-assed work $OE has put into it.

Facts? That  SOE have patched a TON more than Blizzard? o.0  Erm do you play either of these games? if so youd know what i say is true lol.

Facts that people are not happy with  WoW and arent as happy as non wow players think they are? Read the WoW forums.

Yes they have the masses playing but  they are sloooooooooooooooooooow to patch and  when they do its not enough frankly.

How about another fact? WoW has the most immature player base around ( in general) When a server goes down for instance, they all make alt chars on another server and spamm ( i mean REALLY SPAM) chat channels and emotes in cities to agrivate other players. They talk about  stuff that youd never want to hear let alone read. Blackrocks the worst but most of the pvp servers are pretty childish (mainly)So normal players suffer and cannot play  because of these idiots.

Notice im not saying anything about age here just maturity which is not age based imho.

• BelisariusDLBelisariusDL Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Darktongue
    Originally posted by Shayde Originally posted by DarktongueStill remains that Blizzard made a great game and havent advanced it much if any.SOE made a so so game and have advanced much much more than blizzard.Not to say one is better than the other but you cannot stand still in the MMO game market. Blizzard are now droppin behind and need to shift their butts.Any facts to back your opinion? Blizzard made a game that is still far superior to SWG no matter how much half-assed work $OE has put into it.
    Facts? That SOE have patched a TON more than Blizzard? o.0 Erm do you play either of these games? if so youd know what i say is true lol.
    Facts that people are not happy with WoW and arent as happy as non wow players think they are? Read the WoW forums.
    Yes they have the masses playing but they are sloooooooooooooooooooow to patch and when they do its not enough frankly.

FACT: I have a JEDI on the sunrunner server and the game now sux.....
    FACT: I would rather have a slow, thought out patch...than a stupid..ill concieved, knee jerk reaction patch that SOE is so great at throwing at us.
    FACT:I would rather play a game that is well put together, than a piece of broken crap named SWG.
    FACT: They have been trying to revamp the Smuggler profession for 2 years now....welll we are still waiting
    FACT: The SWG DEVS are tards...
    FACT: I just started WOW last week and find the game refreshing..even thought the genre is old...
    FACT: Blizzard has not put out a bad game yet
    FACT: SWG and SOE only put out crappy, half-completed, fully bugged games and expansions.

I could go on and on....the FACT is that comparing SWG and SOE to WOW and Blizzard is like comparing a FORD FIESTA to a BMW.....
    SOE is a pathetic company...they are stocked with a bucnh of lying jerk-wads.....

Originally posted by grapevine
    Actually the only clueless ones are those idiots who come in here making state of the game comments when they either haven't played or havn't for some time.
    If you are commenting based on how SWG was more than 5 months ago, you might as well being discussing vapourwear. That game doesn't exit anymore. SWG has seen vast improvements since, with patches being typically 2-3 weeks apart.
    Without doubt Blizzard can code good games, but in supporting a mmorpg and the community they attract they are amongst the worst. Possibly the worst, amongst the key players. So without even considering who could implement the best game, I think the most important question is who could provide the better complete gaming experience. WoW is very shallow in its content (i.e. what else is there to do but quest and some PvP). Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character.

Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character

YEAH....While with SWG .....the flaws are a quiet apparent through out the game.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Originally posted by Erillion

[Delusion.. table for one.
    Man, if you want a list of all the things $OE has DENIED OPENLY then actually did... we could be here all day.

** sarcasm mode on **

Thank you for the quick reply and posting all the hard facts, links and proof I asked you about. It makes your other posts even more valuable as a basis for our opinion about SWG.

** sarcasm mode off **

Have fun

Erillion

Cmon Erillion, even you cant deny the misleading or outright lies SOE has made to its player base ? While I respect and even understand your passion for SOE, I can't believe you need "proof" or a link to the numerous lies by SOE.

1. Capitol Ships - dev shows a video clip of capitol ships in action at some fanfest. Fans drool over the possibilities for months. Many stay in the game even though JTL's appeal has long since faded because of that clip. Then ever so casually devs recently claim that it was never really something they were planning on doing. That sounds like open denial to me despite players having seen a video clip of it.

2. Jedi was in game at launch - everyone knows this was a fat lie. There were those mysterious tre.files like .tre saber, .tre robe, tre jedi trainer that were being coded into the game 4 months after its launch. Yet SOE repeatedly claimed that jedi was always possible. Guess they didnt want to get sued over the old "bait and switch" claim since jedi was mentioned on the box as a playable character.

3. The CU is our top priority and will come first over the expansion. Then suddenly SOE says after high majority player demand they must launch JTL first because thats what the players want. Fans ran to every game mag and forum site to report this lie. Soon after in an interview one SOE suit repeats that disgusting lie. When asked about the reaction from the players, states that we're giving them what they want.

4. Smuggler profession - how long have they openly promised a revamp for this profession ? How many times have they asked for feedback and ideas from that profession only to do nothing ? On this one the door is still open because SOE hasnt come out yet (pr dept still working on the spin) and openly said its a dead issue.

SOE has shown me they are run by a true corporation more interested in profits and image. They hire and use public relations officials to communicate with the players. Every statement they release can mean different things to many people (classic pr in action). This in turn starts arguments between players about what tiggs actually meant on pearl drops (one side says they're coming back, other says gone for good). These arguments are good for SOE as they deflect attention from them.

Blizzard on the other hand has always made a great game. Its quite obvious over there that they make a great game first and worry about marketing and public relations later. Most of your great companies understand those things will take care of themselves as long as the product is great.

SOE on the other hand still tries to tell its players what they want instead of giving them what the actually want.

You've played WoW for a week and compaire it to SWG. lol

Yeah, most thought WoW was suger coated after such a short time.  Myself included.  I played for three months and by the end I hated the community, hated the attitude of the devs and customer services was a joke.

Every patch Blizzard put out screwed the game up more.  They even kept nerfing Hunters, when everyone was screaming why as they are the weakest class anyway.  Then they introduced the honour system and bascially told the player base to shut up and live with it.

Oh, and Smuggler got their revamp.  As did many professions during the CU.  The only missing element from a smuggler is smuggling (also now to get attention), otherwise they are highly playable.  Generally professions within SWG are more balanced then WoW, these days.  So you can't have been on your Jedi recently.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

If you are commenting based on how SWG was more than 5 months ago, you might as well being discussing vapourwear.  That game doesn't exit anymore.  SWG has seen vast improvements since, with patches being typically 2-3 weeks apart.
    Without doubt Blizzard can code good games, but in supporting a mmorpg and the community they attract they are amongst the worst.  Possibly the worst, amongst the key players.   So without even considering who could implement the best game, I think the most important question is who could provide the better complete gaming experience.  WoW is very shallow in its content (i.e. what else is there to do but quest and some PvP).  Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character.  While SWG is quickly moving towards being heavy on quests, its game mechanics are geared towards community building.

You may be right...maybe the game is getting better.  But its probably alot of changes really too late. They may keep the game afloat for you guys. But for alot of the people who quit....they , I wont go back. SOE put myself and others throgh alot of crap since it first came out on day 1.

I will agree SWG is one of the most emmersive, even more so than WOW. But there is one thing with WOW i can trust....that 99% of it will work. Sure, maybe things even work better now in SWG.....but waiting over a year or years for it to happen ruined the game for me.

.....i mean seriously , how long did it taek to combat revamp? Untill that time TKA template was GOD. If you wanted to be a good pvper, you would see 75% of the population with that setup.

Oh well...hoep the game keeps going up. Just too bad they didnt do it while I was there.

Originally posted by BelisariusDL

If you are commenting based on how SWG was more than 5 months ago, you might as well being discussing vapourwear. That game doesn't exit anymore. SWG has seen vast improvements since, with patches being typically 2-3 weeks apart.
    Without doubt Blizzard can code good games, but in supporting a mmorpg and the community they attract they are amongst the worst. Possibly the worst, amongst the key players. So without even considering who could implement the best game, I think the most important question is who could provide the better complete gaming experience. WoW is very shallow in its content (i.e. what else is there to do but quest and some PvP). Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character.

Its just implemented extremely well, so much so that the flaw isn't seen until you max out a character

YEAH....While with SWG .....the flaws are a quiet apparent through out the game.

I'm not saying there aren't flaws, but since you must be up to date on them please feel free to post them. 

WoW is a flash in the pan, unless they address the endgame.  Also if you like a game with depth, it doesn't have any.  Its quest to quest, pose near the AH and some "good" PvP (providing you are Horde).

Yeah, most thought WoW was suger coated after such a short time. Myself included. I played for three months and by the end I hated the community, hated the attitude of the devs and customer services was a joke.
    Every patch Blizzard put out screwed the game up more. They even kept nerfing Hunters, when everyone was screaming why as they are the weakest class anyway. Then they introduced the honour system and bascially told the player base to shut up and live with it.
    Oh, and Smuggler got their revamp. As did many professions during the CU. The only missing element from a smuggler is smuggling (also now to get attention), otherwise they are highly playable. Generally professions within SWG are more balanced then WoW, these days. So you can't have been on your Jedi recently.

The game sux...sorry dude...you can sugar coat a piece of crap, but it is still crap....
    SWG had its chance, but the DEVS screwed it up bad....that is a dying game....the server populations are way down....your on the TITANIC my friend...
    I know its hard to believe....but its true..i used to love that game too, but now..lol...that game is crap.
    CU??? lol... Where is the fast paced PvP action the CU promised? Man..I dont have time to list all the things wrong with that game...
    Go to the SWG forums and see how screwed up everything is.
    Nerf this, nerf that...bla, bla, blaaaaaa.....

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

Yeah, most thought WoW was suger coated after such a short time.  Myself included.  I played for three months and by the end I hated the community, hated the attitude of the devs and customer services was a joke.
    Compared to SOE they're like angels. Trust me on that. I can tell you horror stories for weeks on what SOE csr's have done like spawn a pack of rancors on top of you. Or ban your account for a week with no reason why. Or how about going 4 months in the game while missing a lot (you get 10) before it gets fixed. Or how about getting stuck in a building and waiting a week to get out. SOE is by far worse than blizzard.
    Every patch Blizzard put out screwed the game up more.  They even kept nerfing Hunters, when everyone was screaming why as they are the weakest class anyway.  Then they introduced the honour system and bascially told the player base to shut up and live with it.
    This is like watching someone complain because their BMW got a flat tire. Meanwhile my Ford Pinto just exploded again. You have no idea how little of an issue that is. ENTIRE professions in SWG simply dont work. Thats way worse than an inbalance issue.
    Oh, and Smuggler got their revamp.  As did many professions during the CU.  The only missing element from a smuggler is smuggling (also now to get attention), otherwise they are highly playable.  Generally professions within SWG are more balanced then WoW, these days.  So you can't have been on your Jedi recently.
    Ask any smuggler if they feel they got a revamp, the answer is NO. Making slicing more complex and reliant on drops is NOT what they asked for nor what they've been told to expect.
    And there is no way you've ever played SWG to make a statement like that. SWG is nowhere near balanced. Ask a pistoleer / MCH if he can last more than 10 seconds against a rifleman / combat medic lol. The game is just as unbalanced as it was before the CU.

You may be right...maybe the game is getting better.  But its probably alot of changes really too late. They may keep the game afloat for you guys. But for alot of the people who quit....they , I wont go back. SOE put myself and others throgh alot of crap since it first came out on day 1.
     I will agree SWG is one of the most emmersive, even more so than WOW. But there is one thing with WOW i can trust....that 99% of it will work. Sure, maybe things even work better now in SWG.....but waiting over a year or years for it to happen ruined the game for me.
    .....i mean seriously , how long did it taek to combat revamp? Untill that time TKA template was GOD. If you wanted to be a good pvper, you would see 75% of the population with that setup.
     Oh well...hoep the game keeps going up. Just too bad they didnt do it while I was there.

Agreed, pre-CU the game was just as many are stating.  It was a mess and comparing that to WoW, WoW wins hands down.

As for people returning.  I know for many they have burned hands and you really can't blame them for keeping a distance.  However, some people are more forgiving than others.  Numbers are up, over the past few months, people have returned and the game just doesn't compair to the mess it was in pre-CU.