Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWIIonline is NOW FREE2play (and its been amazing best FTP model ever)

Comments

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by Scottman

Been playing for the better part of 10 plus years and when I report someone as cheating/hacking I dont expect to be RED GM TEXTED WARNED that IM THE PROBLEM ...I expect you to WARN THE FING CHEATER

CRS needs to get ahold of over zealous gms

Sad a great idea ruined by CRS once again (shakes head @ this CRS ) You need to control your GMs better Ive been threatened with being kicked for saying "DAM" (correct spelling BTW is DAMN) Review you GM policy as is it SUCKS

And kiss my ARSE!.....:)

Woof! Took you ten years to get this upset? And you kept paying all this time? Yowzers...

Overall I love the game and I have alot of passion about it (otherwise I would not be here so long) but there are times I have smashed my mouse to bits and twisted keyboards over my frustration over the stupid stuff that is allowed to go on

Most GMs are ok but some Gms are not as good @ their job as others ...last night I encountered one of them.

If I report an instance of hacking and your a gm your not going to attack the reporter of that incident.

He/she red texted me that it was against the rules to talk about hacking *the actual rule is im not allowed to tell others HOW to hack/cheat so this was an instance of a GM probably new or just  never challenged before (Hell it could even besomeone that I killed a few times that happend to be a GM )  

CRS ususally corrects their GMs but only when you email CRS through the proper channels (Ive had TOS violations lifted before cause CRS is able to go back in time and see what happened) The reason I think CRS GM policy sucks is that you have to jump though all these hoops and hurry up and wait for an answer instead of teaching the rules to GMs properly so it dont happen in the first place

The game otherwise and overall is worth it (just dont step on toes of people that can kick ya from game unless your ready for a fight and willing to follow it up) Enjoy the Free to play :)

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Stug

Originally posted by Hodo
    Originally posted by battleu
    bunch of retarded man-chilren here.    the game still has thousands of subscribers. it's lasted over 10 years on the competitive MMO. it is the most accomplished FPS MMO in the history of video games. period.   /BAR

Misspelled children.

DOC, if your going to create an alt MMORPG forum account name you should get away from the three letter names.    So WWIIOL still has 1000s of subscribers, prove it.   Hell I have seen more people in WURM Online and Starquest online than in WWIIOL prior to this F2P option, that should have came out 6 years ago when it was first suggested.

CRS had a good idea they just dropped the ball on it, and then kicked it around instead of picking it up and running with it.

Love it!

Anyone who actually plays this game and enjoys it is a "CRS" employee - thats been the consistent phrase fromn those people hating on this forum.

If nothing says more about the raging paranoia and hate the anti-crs posters have about this game and its current players, this does.

I don't mean to shock you out of your little hate filled world, but people

a. play this game and b. enjoy it

What's your problem with that?

So because you and Bar think the game is great the rest of us are CRS haters? News flash for you two most of us payed and played for close to 10 years if we didnt think the game had promise we would not have done so. What most us want is for CRS to show us they are looking at what our complaints are and have been for years and doing something about it if they want our money. Sorry if we are not arse kissers like you two and just play forever never questioning the Rat gods on thier crap game path decisions.

Here is anouther thought maybe just maybe if you two put as much effort into posting on the game fourms for change of stuff like HC/AO/TOE as you do here comeing to beg for CRS for money and members things might change. Oh I forgot you would have to stick your neck out and maybe get a ban for voiceing your views something I dont see ethier of you two tush kissers doing.
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Love it!

Anyone who actually plays this game and enjoys it is a "CRS" employee - thats been the consistent phrase fromn those people hating on this forum.

If nothing says more about the raging paranoia and hate the anti-crs posters have about this game and its current players, this does.

I don't mean to shock you out of your little hate filled world, but people

a. play this game and b. enjoy it

What's your problem with that?

Yeah, and if you have something negative to say about CRS you're a hater, a troll, a man-child, a disgruntled player, etc. This argument goes both ways, sadly.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by RDNZL

Yeah, and if you have something negative to say about CRS you're a hater, a troll, a man-child, a disgruntled player, etc. This argument goes both ways, sadly.

Constructive Criticism is good - there is some of that on here.

There is some very nasty mojo behind some of these posters - e.g one poster sayng (Hiya ZBUS!)  they want the game to die and did you read the great post by the guy who admitted he had lied about being banned by CRS (in the same very post he laid into CRS?)

Freedom of speech and all that but they sounds like a disgruntled players to me, and there is a great circle jerk of hating going on here.  I don't think you can deny that.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

There is some very nasty mojo behind some of these posters - e.g one poster sayng (Hiya ZBUS!)  they want the game to die and did you read the great post by the guy who admitted he had lied about being banned by CRS (in the same very post he laid into CRS?)

Freedom of speech and all that but they sounds like a disgruntled players to me, and there is a great circle jerk of hating going on here.  I don't think you can deny that.

Tried the constructive criticism route, oh... 9 years ago when they got the game stable, or more correctly, more stable than release.  I tried staying polite and constructive for 4 more years.   Then I became disillusioned with CRS's coding ability and game management skills.    Then I became down right angry.   Now I am just disappointed in CRS.

So much crap, so little quality.

• ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116

Oh horse shit I told you that argument about wanting the game to die was as much a straw man then as it is now. Simple fact are you dont like anyone voiceing decent about this game. There is no bad Mojo just simple complaints that have drug on over the past decade the Rats never fixed and some they flat out ethier refused to listen to and banned alot of players for even bringing the subject up. Ill repeat what was said in the last post you want players to rejoin then advocate for change and stop being a kiss ass. The very evident flaws in this game should make it easy but as is the norm you and a few others will question others as being haters or to poor to play etc.... the list goes on and on with you guys. Sad part is you set there and cheer on other posts that support only your view of how perfect this game is for you then have the nerve to call others disgruntled haters lol. Take the rose colored glasses off for a while boss and give us all a break from your constant posts begging for money or players to return to the game.

Hey CRS has done alot magic as far as im concerned the game is 1 of a kind is so many ways. I love CRS and hate them all @ the same time.

CRS has/or had a very hands on approach to dealing with its playerbase. Its allways been a company that seemed to care about the product that they wished to sell. They had a passion and that forced me to overlook alot of the problems that their/our game had.

Ive maintained a sub/account wishing and hoping that CRS would get thier shat together. F2play has been amazing so far. My problem with the game itself is in its HC system and its predictor code of infantry and Server lag

Make zero mistake about it there is no equal to ww2online (battleground europe) its an amazing game but it could be so much better than it is today that it really frosts my teets that has been left in the state it is

The over Zealous mods that crush with an ironfist any decent or problems with cheater is very disturbing to me as they seek to punish the person for bringing up the problem RATHER than the cheater that is the reason for the problem

Keep the mods in check please

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

The problem I've got with the FTP is that it's just rifle and smg.  Rifle in the old days was fine as it wasn't such a zerg fest with MSP,   but as mentioned with lag and the whole inf combat feel it means the FTP is for the weakest part of the game.  Running around in town with WWIIOL inf mechanics is just poor, seriously I'd just rather play RO or RO2 which is much tigher feeling and of course better all around graphics and animations (oh those laggy death animations).  But that's what they got when they took iffy inf combat that held up as it was being done in a pretty unique way (long range combat, FBs, truck rides etc.) and stuck it into the standard action orientated FPS style where it can't compete with regular FPS games (also turned it into smaller maps).  

If they included some AAA or ATGs, even lower tier stuff then I'd get back in.  That's pretty much still unique in the FPS gaming world so no competition.   But sorry to say won't pay for it as again with the game changes killing squads, soooo much cover and zerging inf everwhere it's so rare to get situations where ATGs can be used due to easy flanking, no towing, and just general 'defend the Alamo' city combat.  Also the common occurance of the only battle going on being already being a camp.

And they really need to change HC or something, as they always advertise, massive strategic map.  Pity it's always the exact SAME friggen route HC takes West or East as it's the 'best' in regards to supply, FBs etc. So the same old route with 90% of the map not even being used... which also had some of the most interesting terrain.

But with some free AAA or ATGs, I would a least log in to see if there's a chance for some ATG play (could at least hunt down ACs heh)  or to at least fart around with AAA.

Originally posted by Tontoman

The problem I've got with the FTP is that it's just rifle and smg.  Rifle in the old days was fine as it wasn't such a zerg fest with MSP,   but as mentioned with lag and the whole inf combat feel it means the FTP is for the weakest part of the game.  Running around in town with WWIIOL inf mechanics is just poor, seriously I'd just rather play RO or RO2 which is much tigher feeling and of course better all around graphics and animations (oh those laggy death animations).  But that's what they got when they took iffy inf combat that held up as it was being done in a pretty unique way (long range combat, FBs, truck rides etc.) and stuck it into the standard action orientated FPS style where it can't compete with regular FPS games (also turned it into smaller maps).  

If they included some AAA or ATGs, even lower tier stuff then I'd get back in.  That's pretty much still unique in the FPS gaming world so no competition.   But sorry to say won't pay for it as again with the game changes killing squads, soooo much cover and zerging inf everwhere it's so rare to get situations where ATGs can be used due to easy flanking, no towing, and just general 'defend the Alamo' city combat.  Also the common occurance of the only battle going on being already being a camp.

And they really need to change HC or something, as they always advertise, massive strategic map.  Pity it's always the exact SAME friggen route HC takes West or East as it's the 'best' in regards to supply, FBs etc. So the same old route with 90% of the map not even being used... which also had some of the most interesting terrain.

But with some free AAA or ATGs, I would a least log in to see if there's a chance for some ATG play (could at least hunt down ACs heh)  or to at least fart around with AAA.

I look @ RO or other games like planetside,BF as practice for when a game comes along (or been here all this while) where the fighting winning an losing MEANS anything. This is ww2online.

Ive played all the FPS out there and though highly polished indeed and I allways had fun the experiance left me just a tad bit empty.

The biggest diffrence in ww2online and the other FPS is that the map in the "other" games is just an areana and after 30 min or so you start over..in ww2 those towns are part of ONE BIG ARSE MAP OF EUROPE IN HALF SCALE

So instead of just winning a 8 vs 8 battle ...ww2online brings you an entire continent to battle over could take a few days to win or it could take 6 months to win ITS A WAR not just a battle.

Are there problems with the game hell yeah,but NO OTHER game brings you this type of gameplay its just that simple ya either get what others have enjoyed for years (10 plus years) or ya dont.

FTP it is ....dont like it your not losing a cent playing it ,neither are they making one if ya do (but if ya want more than a rifleman or smg ..PAY UP dude ;)

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16

The problem I've got with the FTP is that it's just rifle and smg.

That is not correct, ive seen alot f2p with atg and aa guns. tier0 tanks and tier0 airplanes. Regarding infantry that is tho correct only rifle and smg available.
  • rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

I look @ RO or other games like planetside,BF as practice for when a game comes along (or been here all this while) where the fighting winning an losing MEANS anything. This is ww2online.

Ive played all the FPS out there and though highly polished indeed and I allways had fun the experiance left me just a tad bit empty.

The biggest diffrence in ww2online and the other FPS is that the map in the "other" games is just an areana and after 30 min or so you start over..in ww2 those towns are part of ONE BIG ARSE MAP OF EUROPE IN HALF SCALE

So instead of just winning a 8 vs 8 battle ...ww2online brings you an entire continent to battle over could take a few days to win or it could take 6 months to win ITS A WAR not just a battle.

Are there problems with the game hell yeah,but NO OTHER game brings you this type of gameplay its just that simple ya either get what others have enjoyed for years (10 plus years) or ya dont.

FTP it is ....dont like it your not losing a cent playing it ,neither are they making one if ya do (but if ya want more than a rifleman or smg ..PAY UP dude ;)

Each town you fight for in ww2online is an arena.  The only people using any larger part of the map are the flyers and to a lesser extent armor.   Before free to play, there were less ground pounders fighting for towns than in your average BF3 map!

You mention feeling empty, that's the way I usually feel after a month or so playing this game.  After awhile all the towns start looking the same and each battle goes pretty much the same way.  Your either defending a town from attackers or running toward a town from a fru.  Sometimes you hold them off and sometimes you get camped.  rinse and repeat

But I'm enjoying it for now.  I can take it in small doses...

Originally posted by rendus

Each town you fight for in ww2online is an arena.  The only people using any larger part of the map are the flyers and to a lesser extent armor.   Before free to play, there were less ground pounders fighting for towns than in your average BF3 map!

You mention feeling empty, that's the way I usually feel after a month or so playing this game.  After awhile all the towns start looking the same and each battle goes pretty much the same way.  Your either defending a town from attackers or running toward a town from a fru.  Sometimes you hold them off and sometimes you get camped.  rinse and repeat

But I'm enjoying it for now.  I can take it in small doses...

Im glad your enjoying it atm.

In my opinion this game is what you make of it ...you can get caught up in caring too much about winning and losing or you can make sure you play to your strengths instead and have fun.

You have to admit even if you think that there aint enough players to fill our big world still the ability to be much more than an arena shoebox is here.

I may stray and go away/unsub from this war sim But I allways find myself coming back to her cause there simply put is just no other experiance like ww2online...as sad as that may sound its TRUTH!

8vs8, you've never played RO then or just spouting WWIIOL rah rah rah. 8 per side is not the limit.  Hell it hasn't been the limit for FPS for ages so this is just PR BS.  I thought this was a discussion but the above reads so much like a paid CRS ad.

And as I mentioned, 90% of the map you never get to use now as HC always chooses the same easiest path.  And WWIIOL is an arena now with MPS.  It's been forced onto a style it's weakest at.  Thanks but I'll take being able to deploy MGs in windows, real animations, good graphics, artillary, tanks with HE that actually works and so on since supply, the big map and big tactics all got removed with 'instant action'. 

And I 'got it', had some of the best gaming before CRS changed it.  It isn't about not 'getting it', it's about 'it being gone'.  There's a reason why all the guys who poured tons of money and time into the game left in droves after that MSP and AO changes.  I stopped playing even before my subscription ran out, wasn't even worth the time to look for some good gameplay.  So they'll need more than just rifle and smg for me to install it again (oh god, the controls setup...)

8vs8, you've never played RO then or just spouting WWIIOL rah rah rah. 8 per side is not the limit.  Hell it hasn't been the limit for FPS for ages so this is just PR BS.  I thought this was a discussion but the above reads so much like a paid CRS ad.

And as I mentioned, 90% of the map you never get to use now as HC always chooses the same easiest path.  And WWIIOL is an arena now with MPS.  It's been forced onto a style it's weakest at.  Thanks but I'll take being able to deploy MGs in windows, real animations, good graphics, artillary, tanks with HE that actually works and so on since supply, the big map and big tactics all got removed with 'instant action'. 

And I 'got it', had some of the best gaming before CRS changed it.  It isn't about not 'getting it', it's about 'it being gone'.  There's a reason why all the guys who poured tons of money and time into the game left in droves after that MSP and AO changes.  I stopped playing even before my subscription ran out, wasn't even worth the time to look for some good gameplay.  So they'll need more than just rifle and smg for me to install it again (oh god, the controls setup...)

Ok so why come in here and post if your not intending on playing it ?

Obviously your interested in the game or you would not be in here

Please explain your self

Ok so why come in here and post if your not intending on playing it ?

Obviously your interested in the game or you would not be in here

Please explain your self

" But with some free AAA or ATGs, I would a least log in to see if there's a chance for some ATG play (could at least hunt down ACs heh) or to at least fart around with AAA. "

I am interested just need more. If I didn't post, they might think there's no interest at all.  And I think I've made it clear what I'd also like other changes to make me even more interested in trying it again.  AO's, MSP etc.  No idea if Stug ever sends that feedback back to CRS, but as kiddie forums is for subs only, nowhere else to post.  If you don't post your reasons, nothing ever changes.

Originally posted by maxioz

That is not correct, ive seen alot f2p with atg and aa guns. tier0 tanks and tier0 airplanes. Regarding infantry that is tho correct only rifle and smg available.

They have access to those things because they are on the 2 week free trial.  When that dies and they become true F2P players they lose access to those things.  

And unless your using the assault rifle, AKA LMG, your going to be hosed in CQB fights.  

You would think after 11 years of development they would have a smoother infantry latency then what they currently have.  I have played a bit this weekend on a alt account to see how the game has progressed.   The new infantry model is nice, but the old models in the persona screen is bad.   Then there is the horrible infantry lag and frame rates.   I know I dont have a monster rig, but its not a slug.   I can run Tribes Ascend, Xsyon, WoT, and IL2 all on mid to high settings and get higher than 60fps.   I even managed to get 30-40FPS in Mortal Online on lower settings.    But in WWIIOL I barely manage a ping of 60ms and a frame rate of 15-25fps.   I get a ping of 115ms to the Mortal Online servers in Europe, 40ms to Tribes Ascend servers in Chicago, and a 50ms ping to a server in Los Angeles CA.    So why so bad to servers in Dallas-Ft.Worth TX?  Could it be the distant in, or in simplest terms CRS, I think so.  

Even with the free to play option the game is still pretty dead.   I sat in a camped town for 10min watching the attack, there were 4 enemy tanks in visual range, 1 truck, a half dozen enemy infantry, and about 20 or so friendlies.   Maybe a couple dozen planes overhead fighting.    

If you want to see WWIIOL make it to 12 CRS, you should perhaps fix that frame rate issue and smooth out the gameplay. 

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by maxioz

They have access to those things because they are on the 2 week free trial.  When that dies and they become true F2P players they lose access to those things.  

And unless your using the assault rifle, AKA LMG, your going to be hosed in CQB fights.  

You would think after 11 years of development they would have a smoother infantry latency then what they currently have.  I have played a bit this weekend on a alt account to see how the game has progressed.   The new infantry model is nice, but the old models in the persona screen is bad.   Then there is the horrible infantry lag and frame rates.   I know I dont have a monster rig, but its not a slug.   I can run Tribes Ascend, Xsyon, WoT, and IL2 all on mid to high settings and get higher than 60fps.   I even managed to get 30-40FPS in Mortal Online on lower settings.    But in WWIIOL I barely manage a ping of 60ms and a frame rate of 15-25fps.   I get a ping of 115ms to the Mortal Online servers in Europe, 40ms to Tribes Ascend servers in Chicago, and a 50ms ping to a server in Los Angeles CA.    So why so bad to servers in Dallas-Ft.Worth TX?  Could it be the distant in, or in simplest terms CRS, I think so.  

Even with the free to play option the game is still pretty dead.   I sat in a camped town for 10min watching the attack, there were 4 enemy tanks in visual range, 1 truck, a half dozen enemy infantry, and about 20 or so friendlies.   Maybe a couple dozen planes overhead fighting.    

If you want to see WWIIOL make it to 12 CRS, you should perhaps fix that frame rate issue and smooth out the gameplay. 

WW2 is CPU intensive rather than GPU, they havent optimised it for modern CPUs or even plan on multi-core support what most games have done since 2006, so it can explain the FPS rate.

Just logged into the game and it has about 50/60 people in missions and a barely active Axis HC, this F2P model isnt going too well in the EU TZ thats for sure.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

S!

hrica1 of the 1stjagers(squad) of the 1st Panzer Kamfgruppe(attachment) here.

This is a niche game for for people who love history, espcially WW2 with a large open world feel.

I have seen some posts on this thread, no it's not WoW or GW2 or anything like it.

It's a realistic European theater Map with hundreds of American, French or British fighting Germany.

It is open world, no quest, just follow the Allied or Axis High command for your orders if you wish to follow them or not.

You can be infantry, tanks, planes, battleship/boats. And  each type has multiple varites..like a infantry man can be just a riflman or a morterman or a sniper.

If your ex-military, older gamer, or love history.....give the game a whirl.

If you see me in, if you choose Axis my tag is "ghrica1" send me a tell.

S!

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

so if what i am to understand is correct, if i pick rifle or smg as a f2p solid player that is all i can ever have during the battle i can not loot a smg off a dead body if i spawned as a rifle or visa versa, and i can not loot a bazook or lmg/mg should i find one and the situation calls for it...

that kinda kills it for me, when you have games like heroes and generals which is a ww2 f2p browserish game coming out.. it leaves me kinda wondering why play ww2 :/ 

i understand its a 99.99% realistic game unlike my RO1 and other fps games done up in a ww2 skin.  but with some f2p fps games that allow you to atleast loot "better" weapons off dead bodies should you run out of ammo or need another weapon for the job. having that locked ruins it for me personally. 

i dont mind using a grand/enfield/kar or whatever or a tommy/mp40/sten ect but i do like the option to switch it out should i need a rifle/scoped or bazook to shoot a tank or something. 

this f2p doesnt really sound like a f2p its more of a limited trial :/ 

hopefully the game can improve with the influx of people using this system, i dont think ill be trying it. simply do to the fact i dont like being 100% "class" locked like that, its fine that i can only use a rifle or smg as a f2p but i like the option of picking up another weapon on the fly should my current stock weapon prove useless for the issue at hand. (not sure how many people have tried it but i know shooting a smg at long range really is a waste of ammo lol and a rifle in a stair well isnt the best choice of weapons...)

Originally posted by Hrica

S!

This is a niche game for for people who love history, espcially WW2 with a large open world feel.

I have seen some posts on this thread, no it's not WoW or GW2 or anything like it.

It's a realistic European theater Map with hundreds of American, French or British fighting Germany.

It is open world, no quest, just follow the Allied or Axis High command for your orders if you wish to follow them or not.

You can be infantry, tanks, planes, battleship/boats. And  each type has multiple varites..like a infantry man can be just a riflman or a morterman or a sniper.

S!

LOL, fanboi answer.

Trueth is WWIIOL used to be like that.  Now its just dated, laggy, and barely playable on the highest end computers, and its not because of pretty graphics, but because of the ineptitude or laziness of the programers.  

There are no Americans in the game normally, only in special map campaigns.  99% of the time its French + UK vs Germany.   There are no Battleships, carriers, or really anything larger than a Destroyer, and even thats not that functional.   The damage model is still very hit or miss, granted now I think its more related to the lag issues than actual code.  

Dont lie to the community it just makes you look bad.

Originally posted by Ichmen

so if what i am to understand is correct, if i pick rifle or smg as a f2p solid player that is all i can ever have during the battle i can not loot a smg off a dead body if i spawned as a rifle or visa versa, and i can not loot a bazook or lmg/mg should i find one and the situation calls for it...

that kinda kills it for me, when you have games like heroes and generals which is a ww2 f2p browserish game coming out.. it leaves me kinda wondering why play ww2 :/ 

i understand its a 99.99% realistic game unlike my RO1 and other fps games done up in a ww2 skin.  but with some f2p fps games that allow you to atleast loot "better" weapons off dead bodies should you run out of ammo or need another weapon for the job. having that locked ruins it for me personally. 

Your right, you cant pick up weapons off of dead people or dropped weapons.   You have to despawn reselect then respawn.   If your a F2P player your stuck with two choices, Rifleman or SMG.   The damage model isnt that great honestly.   I would say its closer to 75% accurate.   But this is because DOC refused to listen or research anything.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by Hrica

S!

S!

LOL, fanboi answer.

Trueth is WWIIOL used to be like that.  Now its just dated, laggy, and barely playable on the highest end computers, and its not because of pretty graphics, but because of the ineptitude or laziness of the programers.  

There are no Americans in the game normally, only in special map campaigns.  99% of the time its French + UK vs Germany.   There are no Battleships, carriers, or really anything larger than a Destroyer, and even thats not that functional.   The damage model is still very hit or miss, granted now I think its more related to the lag issues than actual code.  

Dont lie to the community it just makes you look bad.

The trueth is I like the game, it's a opinion and no ones lying to anyone.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

They need to set up a purchasable unlock system.    Im starting to think this is beyond what they are capable of doing.    Why didnt they put this in when they advertised it is obivious.    Their hoping some people come back and subb or the FTP people will subb.    

I see them only advertising what they already had in and never published is that thier was a FTP system in for people, a simple carrot and stick approach isnt going to cut it in the FTP system.     They need to add in a purchase system or stop calling this kitten a lion.

Heh, actually RO compares pretty well with it if you're playing the bigger combined arms.   There's lots of obvious close up inf issues with animations, lag and interactions with the environment in w2ol.  Tend to rubber band a bit and there's death delay issues due to the high lag, it's the way the server is setup (the fairest way, but doesn't make it fun).  Also there's no friendly fire, for anything.   Tank and AAA HE doesn't work, you can shell a room all you want but unless you hit directly any inf in the window is fine (not like the limbs being blown off in RO).  Very annoying when inf is charging your rapid fire AAA abd the 20mm shells landing a foot away do nothing.   The capture system in RO was a ton better also (was workable in midlife WWIIOL, then they changed it and made it a horror).  So considering RO has bulletdrop, ff, working HE and better looking inf combat, once WWIIOL lost a large part of the battle map when spawns went mobile and could be placed anywhere (360 degrees around your spawnable city) a lot of the better looking (far away) and more tatical WWII combat vanished and they became much more comparable.

i dont mind using a grand/enfield/kar or whatever or a tommy/mp40/sten ect but i do like the option to switch it out should i need a rifle/scoped or bazook to shoot a tank or something. 

this f2p doesnt really sound like a f2p its more of a limited trial :/ 

hopefully the game can improve with the influx of people using this system, i dont think ill be trying it. simply do to the fact i dont like being 100% "class" locked like that, its fine that i can only use a rifle or smg as a f2p but i like the option of picking up another weapon on the fly should my current stock weapon prove useless for the issue at hand. (not sure how many people have tried it but i know shooting a smg at long range really is a waste of ammo lol and a rifle in a stair well isnt the best choice of weapons...)

The rifle is deadly (the smg aint bad either) you should not  need anything else.

So what you cant "loot" other weapons in ww2online?....If you as a ftp ever got the jump on a non ftp player you would not have the time to drop your rifle or smg and pick up his weapon before another VET or ftp rookie kills ya before ya could shoulder that new shiney subscribers toy. If you think you could you dont understand the HARD mode PVP that this game is.

TO me there is only a few reasons to want to sub up and they are :

1) want to make your own missions

2) want to be Navy or Fly planes

3) want to be able to drive tanks and ATGs

4) To keep the points you earned during the 14 day trial you get before you roll into (after the 14 day trial is up ) Free to play towards your rank and unlocking new weapons.

Fact is this FREE to play option allows you access to the ENTIRE GAME WORLD the limitations are what unit you have access to.

Fact is that all ya really need is the rifleman unit to play the ground game and make a diffrence and see our world

Subscribers have the same problems as you if we pick a rifleman and chose to do close combat we are at a disadvantage and wish we had a smg,If we have an smg and we find ourselfs in a long range dual we wish we had a rifleman its part of the rock paper scissors that makes the PVP and game WORK.

Just kick arse in 14 days and you can spawn anything ya want ...I made rank 6 in 4 days playing (which gave me access to everything but the sniper unit in the spawn list on the ground side of things)