Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Island Forge @ Kickstarter!

NyhmNyhm Member Posts: 82

I'm excited to announce a Kickstarter project for Island Forge!

See me talk about the game, myself, and the future of Island Forge. Please check it out. You can help by spreading the word. Thank you for your interest in Island Forge!

Island Forge: Create Islands with Stories for Others to Explore!
Free-to-Play with Membership and Upgrade options!

Comments

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Very very VERY interesting idea. It definetly needs to be more known to public.

However, i feel that graphics and very simple combat could be a deterring factor.. Plus, people making islands to essilly "farm" materials" like they make maps in TF2 to farm achievements... Well, still gonna try it out someday, but i'd really love if this would be a simple 3D (could be topdown perspective still) or at least in reallistic style rather than current style... I dunno, something like Diablo (one) - with bigger character doll and darker theme and more detailed monsters and environment and light/dark play and stuff...

Also, it would be very nice idea if you'd be able to design your own monsters(behavior and stats, not graphics), loot, hand-place them or design spawners, to provide a dungeon crawler/roguelike experience, where you start with a fixed character (or get to chose starting character) and progress to finish... Of course this would be separate from your normal character to prevent exploiting the balance, and would need an explanation of sorts as to why you start as a new toon and cannot take loot with your or items you loot there out to the real world, but hey, lorewise, everything's possible. Could be called "Island Forge: Dungeons" or something :) That would be truly awesome, because you could make all sorts of fun maps with it (think about how many different maps WCIII community made, this could be done with Island Forge). As "reward is the journey", maybe in this mode author could set different reward tiers, as to wether you reached the end, wether you achieved the best possible ending, wether you found all secrets etc, so you could have some bragging rights of sorts, or just discuss "how do you get A rating in that dungeon?" etc

Still, very nice idea as it is and i hope it succeeds. Good luck with the project, OP!

• NyhmNyhm Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by IstrebiteI
    Very very VERY interesting idea. It definetly needs to be more known to public.However, i feel that graphics and very simple combat could be a deterring factor.. Plus, people making islands to essilly "farm" materials" like they make maps in TF2 to farm achievements... Well, still gonna try it out someday, but i'd really love if this would be a simple 3D (could be topdown perspective still) or at least in reallistic style rather than current style... I dunno, something like Diablo (one) - with bigger character doll and darker theme and more detailed monsters and environment and light/dark play and stuff...Also, it would be very nice idea if you'd be able to design your own monsters(behavior and stats, not graphics), loot, hand-place them or design spawners, to provide a dungeon crawler/roguelike experience, where you start with a fixed character (or get to chose starting character) and progress to finish... Of course this would be separate from your normal character to prevent exploiting the balance, and would need an explanation of sorts as to why you start as a new toon and cannot take loot with your or items you loot there out to the real world, but hey, lorewise, everything's possible. Could be called "Island Forge: Dungeons" or something :) That would be truly awesome, because you could make all sorts of fun maps with it (think about how many different maps WCIII community made, this could be done with Island Forge). As "reward is the journey", maybe in this mode author could set different reward tiers, as to wether you reached the end, wether you achieved the best possible ending, wether you found all secrets etc, so you could have some bragging rights of sorts, or just discuss "how do you get A rating in that dungeon?" etcStill, very nice idea as it is and i hope it succeeds. Good luck with the project, OP!

I like your vision, IstrebiteI! Many of these ideas could be accomplished, but first and foremost, I must establish the player community. You're exactly right that the public needs to know about Island Forge!

Here's how everyone can help (a) letting others know about Island Forge, (b) backing the Kickstarter campaign, and last but not least (c) play!

Thanks so much for your interest!

Island Forge: Create Islands with Stories for Others to Explore!
    Free-to-Play with Membership and Upgrade options!