Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...

Enkindu2Enkindu2 Member Posts: 26

How is New Eden these days? Been away for a couple years and damn that curiosity always returns...

Any bitter old vets still around?  Figure I'll be obliged to resub for a bit when my main turns 10 :)

New blood still coming into the game?  Still the greatest gaming experience I've ever had... nothing I've encountered even comes remotely close.

Hi Teala.. last time I was here you were just getting started.  Glad to see you stayed!

Comments

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

Subs are slightly on the rise from Crubicle fallout after Inferno patch came

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

You should look into what Inferno brought in, that actually changed the game and mostly if not only towrads good. Also, new BC's, awesome. 

http://www.eveonline.com/inferno/

Bittervets though, everywhere, soloing with their 4 alts. Tears are as sweet as always though

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    And the Goons have been doing their usual crazy bullshit, with an extended Hulkageddon that may have prompted the major revamp to mining barges and exhumers that's now in place and the massive Burn Jita event, new missle graphics (I miss torp shockwaves!) and a new Time Dialation system that helps with lag in large fleet situations.

Where's the any key?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    You know, I am really thinking of coming back, doesn't look like they are going to make a new mmo that I am going to like.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    You know, I am really thinking of coming back, doesn't look like they are going to make a new mmo that I am going to like.

Archage doesnt intrest you at all?

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by Eluwien

You should look into what Inferno brought in, that actually changed the game and mostly if not only towrads good. Also, new BC's, awesome. 

Bittervets though, everywhere, soloing with their 4 alts. Tears are as sweet as always though

I think you mean the incarna fallout and if so you'd be wrong because according to your graph the game peaked when a bunch of people logged in to check out incarna and then walked away.

There was no incarna fallout because over the course of the incarna expansion you see the game rapidly peak and then just as rapidly return to normal incursion expansion numbers.  No one left over incarna but no one stayed either so it was a failure but at least it brought players.  What have the recent expansions done?  They haven't brought players and are retaining the same amount of players that came with the incursion expansion.  No one left over these expansion but no one bothered to check them out either.  Two years of expansions and a new MMORPG market to grow in and there's nothing to show for it.  Is that success?

To the Op - if you quit for ingame reasons those reasons are proabably still there waiting for you to remember them and quit all over again.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Kyleran

The tl;dr of the last year is that there's not a lot of new content or stuff to do, but CCP have fixed an incredible list of minor issues, and a few major ones as well. Basically what we've been asking them to do for years. The game will look a lot prettier (oh god those new nebulae!), and there are innumerable small conveniences that just make the whole thing more polished.

I'm hoping that CCP will now build on what is now a far more solid foundation by offering us new game experiences (oh yeah I went there).

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by SlaverHound

I think you mean the incarna fallout and if so you'd be wrong because according to your graph the game peaked when a bunch of people logged in to check out incarna and then walked away.

There was no incarna fallout because over the course of the incarna expansion you see the game rapidly peak and then just as rapidly return to normal incursion expansion numbers.  No one left over incarna but no one stayed either so it was a failure but at least it brought players.  What have the recent expansions done?  They haven't brought players and are retaining the same amount of players that came with the incursion expansion.  No one left over these expansion but no one bothered to check them out either.  Two years of expansions and a new MMORPG market to grow in and there's nothing to show for it.  Is that success?

To the Op - if you quit for ingame reasons those reasons are proabably still there waiting for you to remember them and quit all over again.

Well if you use the other big titles as a metric then yes.  Other games post huge numbers at release then by month 6 drop off a cliff.  By the one year mark they're going F2P claiming its not because they lost most of their subs.  By the end of the second year you never hear the game mentioned anymore.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by SlaverHound

Well if you use the other big titles as a metric then yes.  Other games post huge numbers at release then by month 6 drop off a cliff.  By the one year mark they're going F2P claiming its not because they lost most of their subs.  By the end of the second year you never hear the game mentioned anymore.

Eve online is a big title (350k players) so I think we can use it's own past to illustrate it's present failures.

Are you really suggesting that there's no money in free to play?  I guess that's why CCP is building an entire game around whale hunting?  The games you point to were designed to be rapidly consumed - level up - hit cap - then rinse and repeat so going free to play over the long run makes sense.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?