Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two things that should not be together

2»

Comments

• OnecrazyguyOnecrazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by chaintm

I am very familiar with STO as I have a lifetime membership. But if you don't think their concept will be design different graphics for different type of walls, doors, floors, items and more and not charge you for them? Your crazy. It's the best concept of money mall sense sliced cheese (if you like sliced cheese) ... Point being. Most of all money malls (definitly from this company ) source out , (we only give out cosmetic items) , if you don't think there will not be a ton of cosmetic items to change looks of your dungeon and or hero, your sadly mistaken.

I don't need an inside source a direct link or any afflication to know this is where this is going. I know two things, the company that is making it and it's history of the free to play model and that this game is free to play. Enough for me and many to pre-judge the game. Tell you what, when the game comes out and they don't have items for sale to ehance your dugeon within the first 3 months, you can come back and tell me I was full of it and I will happily accept that. But I KNOW they won't do it. This is the perfect cash shop , you just refuse to see it.

Why would this concept be the perfect cash shop? Just the same reason many of using the foundy will use items not ment for what we use them for. IE mulitple tables, some lamps lights and you made yourself a customized transported pad and the list goes on. Have a company that will dedicated time to making custom items for a "small fee" people will buy into it no doubt about it. After all just like in startrek, you want that "perfect" dungeon and people will pay.

Point for me and it's a good amount of people is, we won't fall for it, we won't even give it the time of day it might deserve. You want me to play your game go the Guildwars rout, one time fee done or do a monthly. Take the money mall concept right out of the game and I would be in it as soon as it launched even knowing nothing of only combat atm and that is going to use foundry technology. I would be all over that, but this is a money mall game based on the concept of selling these items to rack in the cash to suckers. I won't be a sucker for cash shops anymore. Sure, I don't have to buy anything, but if i want that cool dugeon I better!

So there you go, myself and others don't beleive this will be the friendly game they make it out to be. It will be ....

you want that cool door? 5 bucks!

Well I hate to break it to you, but GW2 HAS an item shop as well. So you not ONLY pay $60 for the game (or more), you can then also buy character slots, inventory slots and many other things...

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Only grouping up to run dungeons seems kind of like the established standard if you ask me.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by red_cruiser
    Only grouping up to run dungeons seems kind of like the established standard if you ask me.

Especially when take the fact that it was originally designed to be a dungeon crawler into consideration.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,309

why would anybody be worried about a game that is totally free to play? lol

i will be trying it because i love D&D. if i don't like it? big freakin deal.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by baphamet

why would anybody be worried about a game that is totally free to play? lol

i will be trying it because i love D&D. if i don't like it? big freakin deal.

Exactly.

Besides, even if you do hate Neverwinter, there are still other games, like Phantasy Star Online 2, for instance.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?