Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes. Norn. And the anthropomorphic animal elite skills.

AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

If one was to use the animal elite skills as a Norn. What would be the best class to utilize them?

I'm thinking warrior due to many melee moves?

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

If one was to use the animal elite skills as a Norn. What would be the best class to utilize them?

you forget all profs can melee and do well, but you are right they seem to favor being in melee.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Mesmer. Screw with peoples heads. No one will see that coming. Everyone wants to close in on the "squishy", then go bear and rip their throats out.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Mesmer. Screw with peoples heads. No one will see that coming. Everyone wants to close in on the "squishy", then go bear and rip their throats out.

haha Nice Idea! it could be a good move for squishies when they get cornered. I do see the racial elites as more of a novelty/vanity though, for being effective we'll be using class ones most of the time.

• MagnnarotMagnnarot Member Posts: 50

Racial Elites are supposed to be for the fun of it only, if you go around using any racial elite you will be heavily gimped in a competitive aspect, my advice? Simply ignore them except if you go around the pve world just killing mobs for the heck of it, in which case you wouldnt need a "better class" to make use of it.

Edit: Racial Elites*

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Unfortunately the form wont buff your stats, so if your build is ranged more in a glass-canon direction (and anyway, who builds a ranged tank?...) going into a form will still leave you vulnerable... more vulnerable than, say, tank geared guardian.

Especially escalated since you cannot use racials in sPVP, where melee is balanced with ranged, and in WvWvW, you really have huge battles where range prevails...

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Yes, racial elites, any racial skill in fact, are kind of cosmetic and arn't allowed in any PvP. The class elites and other class skills are far better for any situation, PvE or PvP.

Choosing a class because of racial elites would be a bad idea, well not bad.. but kinda pointless. Pick the race you like the look/lore/racial skills of the best and pick the class based on the class itself.

If I was running a dungeon with someone using racial skills I would definately try to educate them, if that fails then I wouldn't be doing dungeons with that person again.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

I am planning on going Norn Necromancer using the Wolf spirt.  It will fit into my Tap tanking Necro build that I am working out since the wolf form has a life tapping skill.

Sooner or Later

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

I believe they'll provide a base health and defense which would make one's class armor a moot point.

However, classes with point blank aoe skills would best exploit the melee nature of the elites though. Trap rangers come to mind.