Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good Online FPS games around worth sticking to?

wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
I've played some online fps's but I haven't found that stands out. Any suggestions people?

Comments

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    If you can get a beta key for Firefall it's looking to be a quality e-sport game.  It's still VERY beta so expect bugs but otherwise it's worth the look and the studio behind it listens to it's testers.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

I used to be into alot of these but can name alot of them.

Global Agenda isnt bad kinda dead with Tribes tho.

Tribes good but really fast alot of Aim Botters not sure about now but was for a while after release.

BF online its like BF1 but F2P.

CS:Online its also just CS but F2P I dont think it has custom maps tho.

AVA isnt a bad one ethier little to CoD to me tho F2P.

Combat Arms F2P fun shooter lost of content been around awhile but grafix are still good but reliy's to much on CS.

Black Light its kinda Future setting but fun.

Team fortress F2P but not really sure on this one.

And heres the list from FPSGuru good site but like another for looking up FPS games.

http://www.fpsguru.com/games/freetoplay/

http://mmohuts.com/games/shooter?o=6

Went ahead and put up MMOhuts FPS list to for you. Just look around there a good number of them but remember some of low player base also SOE just released Bullet Run I my self dont really like it but alot of people do cause there's a ton of games on the list in it.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

You can play Counter Strike Global Offensive.

One FPS I particularly liked was S4 League.  H.A.V.E online (MicroVolts) is pretty similar.  I have no idea why I liked S4 League, but it was fun.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    DayZ mod of ARMA dude, it is the best thing out there. Perma death
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by palulalula

Not sure but last I heard it is a mod to Arma which is a buy to play game. Still here its good though.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    Originally posted by nolic1
    Originally posted by palulalula

Not sure but last I heard it is a mod to Arma which is a buy to play game. Still here its good though.

Soon will be standalone. Arma is only about 30$ now

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

BF3 is just a great game, been playing it for almost 6 monhts now and am always back for more almost everyday :).

Good Game.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Americas Army 3 is the only one i've been able to really enjoy recently.

If you like a little realism in your shooters I guess you could give it a shot.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

It doesn't really help you now, but based off how far ahead of its time planetside 1 was, planetside 2 is looking like its going to be a very epic game.

1. not just massive, its the biggest

2. its going to be f2p(which I never buy from cosmetic shops, but this one I think will get me, some of the stuff is cool)

3. Community is nowhere near as craptastic as all the other small scale shooters like bf3 and cod, and its much, much better than tab targetting mmo's communities(your a massive faction fighting for the same goals, your not divided with same faction warzones/battlegrounds and all that)

You should check it out, they are just starting Beta and it will more than likely not be out till christmas, but its definitely worth a look

• ParchmentParchment Member Posts: 24
    WWII Online is a fun FPS if you are into realistic shooters. It is P2P (monthly subscription), though.

One does not simply telnet into Mordor.

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Tur0kk
    WWII Online is a fun FPS if you are into realistic shooters. It is P2P (monthly subscription), though.

Sorry but I will not be diverting war funds to that game.

But thanks for the reccomendation anyway image

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325
    Check out FPSguru.com
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Try Pirates of the Burning Sea. 

That is if you like naval warefare.  One of the best F2P games out there, as it puts the least limitations on a F2P player. 

• Tribes: Ascend is amazing.
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by Tur0kk

TBH it's recently gone F2P or Sub .. 

F2P allows access to two infranty Types ( Rifle/SMG) , small amount of tanks , aircraft etc 

While sub is as you expect and opens up all units.

As a F2P I'm enjoying it .. It's a more tactical shooter than a lot of FPS ... rushing in like Leroy Jenkins will get you killed 99% of the time .. It's more about squad tactics and using cover 

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Isnt DayZ already filled with hackers and what not? 

I vote Borderlands 2.  Its gonna be awesome! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I just got Gotham City Imposters since it went F2P on Steam the other day and I've had a great time with it so far.

• EpicineEpicine Member Posts: 8
    Natural Selection 2 is amazing. It's in beta but you can purchase it right now to get in. No cash shop, just a one time fee. Really unique fps game.
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

well i got a chance to play firefall and it is a lot of fun good game good combat  fun using jump boots to fly around and then you cant go wrong with battlefield 3 best battlefield  ever great  game

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Planetside 2 is solid

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I like TF2 a lot. It's for free, lots of fun, I can just recommend trying it.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Planetside 2 is a must when its released of course... im lucky enough to be in beta and its awesome :)

NAtural Selection 2 looks pretty good.. but the first one was a free mod and now they are asking nearly £20 for an updated version.. im not sure if i liked the game that much.. will keep an eye on it tho.. not saying peoples work should be free or anything i usually like to support indie devs that have come up from donig mods but i was not a amssive fan of the first game..

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Liking PlanetSide 2 a lot right now.