Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a class to go with a Beastlord

meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Thinking of coming back to play a Beastlord but my wife wants a class to roll with me.  She loves ranged classes and pets herself and played a hunter in WOW.  She likes healing as well.

I was thinking of druid or ranger but not a summoner.  However, perhaps a mystic or something.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75

Healer with a pet would be a mystic/defiler. Really strong healers but their pet is not really like a beastlord or summoner pet.

Ranger on EQ2 would be as close to a hunter as you can get. Although their dynamics are very different with no pet. Instead they kind of go between melee and ranged almost seemlessly to get the most effectiveness. My main is a ranger, play him in a WW top raiding guild.

For your duo I would say the defiler or mystic, and leaning more towards mystic. You are weak on tanking in that duo but the wards the shamans can put out can help with that a lot, you will just spike low once the wards are used up. Put some effort into it and you could duo group dungeons a bit below your level no problem. Druid heals aren't terribly good for healing players that are getting hit non-stop if they aren't tanks.

With a ranger you guys would be CRAZY high damage but don't expect to tackle much outside of solo content, but you will wash over solo content like a wave of pure death. Anotehr downside though, you would both use the same exact equipment except for the weapons, and the other loot would just be sold or trashed.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Beiloch
    With a ranger you guys would be CRAZY high damage but don't expect to tackle much outside of solo content, but you will wash over solo content like a wave of pure death.

unless you have age of discovery expansion,

w mercenaries its easy to do dungeons under 85

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_%28EQ2%29

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Those do help a lot with older content. As you pointed out post 85 they really start to lose their effectiveness. So you would be fine while leveling but pretty hobbled when you got the cap if you just want to continue just duoing.
  • meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592
    Are Beastlords dime a dozne at lvl cap and are they wanted, needed in raids?
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by meleemadness
    Are Beastlords dime a dozne at lvl cap and are they wanted, needed in raids?

From what i'm told everyone who still plays either has a 92 Beastlord or is still leveling one to 92. Apparently they're really fun so people try to play them on raids, but i imagine they're a very annoying topic now as other classes are needed for specific roles.

Your wife might like Defiler, or Warden. Warden being the more fun healer class to play solo/duo/grouped, but Defiler's have pets and are amazing preventative damage healers.

Essentially Wardens are quick-quick healing with amazingly post Mythical. Their "Mythical" or Epic weapon has a chance to proc mana back when healing, and they get AA's or something that add to this. Stack that with mana procing equipment when casting a spell or healing and Wardens almost never run out of power, but Wardens are Heal-Over-Time & quick-small heal based healers. Great for spot healing & staying up in the whole fight with mana, but aren't very good overall high-end HPS (heals per second) as Defilers are.

Overall, Defilers are more wanted on raids than Wardens any day of the weak as Defilers are "Ward" based healers so they compliment healing classes like Templars/Inquisitors or Wardens etc.

I'd have your wife try a Defiler first.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.