Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 saying my display adapter isn't ok and has known issues

ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Well - as most of you are doing i am updating the GW2 client once and a while and i had to reinstall my OS to Win 7 x64 Ent. edition and reinstall the display adapter and then i re-run the GW2 client to make sure it's updated.

To my suprise it gave me a warning that there are known issuses my my driver - which is the latest from the NVIDIA site.

My Display Adapter is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

and i have the latest drivers (which are not BETA) from the NVIDIA site - version 301.42

anyone else with same driver saw the message on the GW2 client and/or knows what can be done regarding this????

any help will be appreciated.

Just my 2 cents...

Comments

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758
    Originally posted by Shaike

Well - as most of you are doing i am updating the GW2 client once and a while and i had to reinstall my OS to Win 7 x64 Ent. edition and reinstall the display adapter and then i re-run the GW2 client to make sure it's updated.

To my suprise it gave me a warning that there are known issuses my my driver - which is the latest from the NVIDIA site.

and i have the latest drivers (which are not BETA) from the NVIDIA site - version 301.42

anyone else with same driver saw the message on the GW2 client and/or knows what can be done regarding this????

You need the beta drivers.

But the 'real' release with the fix (and the nvidia side GW2 optimization for the final build, which we wont see until release most likely) is out soon.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by ComfyChair
    Originally posted by Shaike

You need the beta drivers.

But the 'real' release with the fix is out soon.

that was fast - thanks. Do you mean just to update to latest BETA drivers, or you think i should just wait for the official "Fixed" ones?

Just my 2 cents...

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758
    Unless there's another stress test, just leave it :)
  • MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

there is a bug in the 301.42 version that makes the GPU get stuck at idle speed of 50Mhz so when you go to play any game the FPS are in the dirt

i even had it happen int minecraft

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488
    Doing this for me too, I have a 550ti.