Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Game (General not MMO)

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

So I am looking for a turn based fatasy combat game. 

I played Legends of Grimrock recently, and it was fun.  I would like a game with more customization and the ability to have multiple players in the party.  It does not need a hex grid, it can be old school dragon warrior turn based. 

Player/party customization is the most important thing.  Something I can get off Steam for good price would be nice.  I want something that plays more for stratagey than quick decision making.  Not looking for an RTS.

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    If you aren't dead set on fantasy you should check out DarkWind:War on Wheels it's a turn based real physics graphical adaptation of the old Pen and Paper Car Wars Franchise. The graphics are dated, but it offers an amazing amount of depth not seen in many recent games.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    If you aren't dead set on fantasy you should check out DarkWind:War on Wheels it's a turn based real physics graphical adaptation of the old Pen and Paper Car Wars Franchise. The graphics are dated, but it offers an amazing amount of depth not seen in many recent games.

I think i played it a bit ago.  If it is the game I think it is, there was not enough customization and too much micromanagement. 

Not sure if anyone else has any suggestions, but they would be appreciated.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin