Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are the Tribbles?

ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
I recently decided to come back and give the game another try. I played this game back in release and lasted for a couple of months before moving on. One of the things I used to like about this game was the tribbles you could collect and breed. Were those removed from the game because I haven't found any yet. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Comments

• ThreeSixtyThreeSixty Member UncommonPosts: 41

They definitely haven't been removed outright, because I still have a half dozen or so sitting in my bank.  There are also some duty officer missions attached to the science speciality for breeding tribbles (although you have to have certain specific tribbles to start the missions).  I suspect you can also still find some on the exchange for 1cr, or otherwise dirt cheap, although I haven't looked there in months.

As to where they drop in-game, if anywhere, though, I honestly don't know anymore.  It's been forever since I've gotten one as a drop.  I think it would have been fairly soon after launch when I was still playing episodes regularly.  If you have zero luck and simply want a tribble, let me know and I'll mail you a random one in-game that you can then reproduce at will.  

I leave them in the bank, and keep food in my inventory, for obvious reasons (you wind up logging in to a bag that has no food and two dozen tribbles in it).  As a lifer inventory space is never a problem.

• anothernameanothername Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    I recently decided to come back and give the game another try. I played this game back in release and lasted for a couple of months before moving on. One of the things I used to like about this game was the tribbles you could collect and breed. Were those removed from the game because I haven't found any yet. 

Be careful to keep them away from the cannibal tribble if you found one :D

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Thanks for the responses. I bought a couple and wouldn't you know it, the very next loot drop I get was a tribble. I just don't remember it taking to level LT 7 to find one. Maybe they are in those tholian lockboxes that I will never pay to have opened. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ULBlue13ULBlue13 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Took me until Lt 13 or so.  Wasn't sure where it came from, but I think it was one of the Klingon Front missions - I'm up to "Task Force Hippocrates" now so it musta been before that.  Not a lockbox, because I've never opened any.

Once you have a tribble, of course, getting more is not really a problem :-)

If you write, be polite.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Is there trouble with tribbles?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville