Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

1151617181921»

Comments

• sammandarsammandar Member Posts: 523
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by lilHeala

Originally posted by BilboDoggins
    Just what the title says. GW2 fanboys do nothing but troll everything around here and/or derail topics constantly.

Looking forward to when GW2 actually launches and its not the holy grail of MMOness they dreamed it would be. Until that time I bid thee adieu MMORPG.com

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999#5081999

So OP what made you return early?
    Still couldn't stop crying over the fact that GW2 is more popular than your fav game so you return to lie and spread misinformation? You obviously either haven't played the game or if you did are just plain lieing because the things you present as facts aren't even valid as opinions within the context of what the game.
    You know that by posting here the hype ranks and score on these boards will only increase right?

People often complain about "the hype" and how "fanboys" ruin forums - but the negativity of "haters" will always, always be a far more destructive elements than any amount of positive energy.

They just can't STAND other people having things they enjoy, and want to bring everyone else down to their level of hatred and disappointment cause "their games" are not good enough to stand up to the criticism on their own merit - so they defend them with ferocious, vile contempt.

Very well said BadSpock, I think you hit the nail in the head.

More than anything I feel sorry and pity for haters such as the OP (BilboDoggins). I feel bad for them because they are filled with so much negativity, hatred, misery and unhappiness. It's sad that the incredible joy and excitement that we are experiencing due to GW2's imminent arrival makes them boil inside rather than making them happy for us who have a game that we will enjoy playing.

Why can't some just be happy for others; if there is a game that the OP enjoys, I will be happy for him. I would say I don't know why someone like the OP has to "crash our party", but I think BadSpock hit the nail in the head. And for that reason I feel sorry and pity for the OP.

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Can't believe this thread isn't closed, it's way off topic lol

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    OP hates GW2 that resumes it all.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by rykim86
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    ... h-... h-... how... did this thread get so f**king big?!

THIS

IS

MMOR!...

Fuck it, I can't.

I'd like to see this the largest thread on MMORPG! I'd also like to see the OP hit 500 then 1000 posts of negativity since the "I hate GW fanboys, I'm leaving MMORPG.com" Comment he made some while back, hell I'd like to seem him post until they take GW2 down. It speaks volumes about the poster and says nothing about GW2.  I did feel genuine compassion for the OP such consuming negativity is not going to produce any good result for him but sadly as time goes by I just can't help laughing at it all. He,s far more 'invested' in GW2 than most of the fans or even fanboys that he hates so much. Delicious irony.

The real big irony is that despite being of virtually no value and clearly against the mmorpg.com "excessively negative" policy it's clearly driving there web stats up.  Along with GW2 site stats.

I hate to admit it I've become a "Canceled my  order today. Here's why" fanboy,. I haven't seen someone so consumed by there dislike for something for ages. Delicious.

• motmot84motmot84 Member Posts: 11

He'll probably pop another thread stating "Cancelled my #insert game name here# #insert action here#  today. Heres why"

Wait for a few weeks and maybe he'll post negative points on TSW or Planet Side 2. I really hope he stays in TWS. Sucks to be them playing with him there.

I applaud him though... I was not able to resist his stupid thread which made me post for the first time. image

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Lots of pearls put before this particular swine - just as well they are virtual pearls and cost no-one any money....
  • GaleOmGaleOm Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Its amazing how some troll who probably never saw the game made thread wich produce so many replays.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by motmot84

He'll probably pop another thread stating "Cancelled my today. Heres why"

Wait for a few weeks and maybe he'll post negative points on TSW or Planet Side 2. I really hope he stays in TWS. Sucks to be them playing with him there.

I applaud him though... I was not able to resist his stupid thread which made me post for the first time. image

Dancing banana on first post that gets a image From me.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    edit nm -- didnt realize GW2 and TSW fans have been going at it on each others forums
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Nadia

I doubt the OP preordered GW2

but was making a spiteful post based on this TSW thread

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360342/Cancelled-my-Sub-today-and-here-is-why.html

Ops listed four reasons are the same as the TSW cancel reasons

The TSW thread came later last night in response to the 25 page GW2 thread. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    agree - my mistake
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by GaleOm
    Its amazing how some troll who probably never saw the game made thread wich produce so many replays.

people are bored and anxious for the release that's all:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

People often complain about "the hype" and how "fanboys" ruin forums - but the negativity of "haters" will always, always be a far more destructive elements than any amount of positive energy.

They just can't STAND other people having things they enjoy, and want to bring everyone else down to their level of hatred and disappointment cause "their games" are not good enough to stand up to the criticism on their own merit - so they defend them with ferocious, vile contempt.

Very well put, BadSpock ;-)

The same primitive, reptilian-brained mentality that we can find in sports, and sometimes, politics.

- "What is not from my clan is inevitably an enemy."

___

Also, this thread being so huge is kind of a good thing : if it can stop haters from spreading misinformation by looking at the huge backdraft this one got here, then fine.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by k-damage

Very well put, BadSpock ;-)

The same primitive, reptilian-brained mentality that we can find in sports, and sometimes, politics.

- "What is not from my clan is inevitably an enemy."

I don't give two sh!ts what game people like, but one of the big functions of this forum (to me and many others) is to get the opinions and "general consensus" on new/upcoming titles from people who have played/are playing them as a means to help gauge one's own interest in a game in order to make smart purchasing decisions.

The thing I really, really hate is misinformation - sometimes deliberate though often just out of ignorance, there is a BIG difference between "defending" a game you like out of the same kind of irrational protection of "your" opinion and defending against misinformation that can and will potentially rob another soul of vital information they need to help them make an informed purchasing decision.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

But the very worst are the multiclassed Fanboy-Haters; where in a single post they can overhype the smallest aspect of one game ("OMG!  The folder name of the installer is sooo AMAZING") whilst simultaneously bashing last months release ("OMG, I can't believe I even played that game....it was SOOOO 1984".

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Locking this thread as it has gone wildly off-track. If you feel someone is in violation of our Rules of Conduct, report their post or thread and move on.

This discussion has been closed.