Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins

This thread is about GW2 so please stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking/Derailing threads is a bannable offense and I wouldnt want to see any of you get banned. So please be respectful and stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking

• Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
      Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.

• Game Attacks
      • Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
        Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.
      •  
    • Trolling
    • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.
  • MaketsoMaketso Member Posts: 25

Topic Hijacking/Derailing threads is a bannable offense and I wouldnt want to see any of you get banned. So please be respectful and stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking

• Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
      Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.

And....yeah, you shouldnt imitate a moderator, sir.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by alkrmr

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      • Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
        Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.
      •  
    • Trolling
    • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

None of that applies to me. Not sure how your reply was relevant. It was off-topic again though.....

• LytheEmberLytheEmber Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Also please read my post, only a little farther back, and explain why you are still spouting the same stuff for months on end with evidence to the contrary?  I would really like to hear the explanation.
  • alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

None of that applies to me. Not sure how your reply was relevant. It was off-topic again though.....

Flaming and Personal Attacks

• MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users.
      Example: Telling someone that you disagree with their argument is tolerated, while calling someone inappropriate names is not.

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Why is it that everything needs to be spoon fed to you?

A ) You have come back to say that GW2 indeed, ''sucks'' by your passive aggressive posting on the games so called flaws, which are in itself invalid from your viewpoints.

B) You troll.

C) You excessively post negative threads on the same topic. GG

Originally posted by LytheEmber
    Also please read my post, only a little farther back, and explain why you are still spouting the same stuff for months on end with evidence to the contrary?  I would really like to hear the explanation.

Did I cancel my pre-order a bunch of times for months?

NO I did not. So what are you talking about?

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Hmm, this whole thread is a bait.  Had it been in general forums perhaps not, but coming to the GW2 forums to do so is clearly a ploy to get responses, which you did...bravo.  What really makes it a bait is not that you told us you cancelled your pre-order (that in and of itself is fine) but that your "substantiated" reasons for doing so are OLD arguments presented as fact to help others understand the "truth" about the game. 

Your actions perfectly emulate the above statement.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    No worries op there is still hope out there for the mmo genre. We just have to be patient.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Hmm, this whole thread it a bait.  Had it been in general forums perhaps not, but coming to the GW2 forums to do so is clearly a ploy to get responses, which you did...bravo.  What really makes it a bait is not that you told us you cancelled your pre-order (that in and of itself is fine) but that your "substantiated" reasons for doing so are OLD arguments presented as fact to help others understand the "truth" about the game. 

Couldnt have said it any better.

Did I cancel my pre-order a bunch of times for months?

NO I did not. So what are you talking about?

And now you act as if you do not understand.  How clever.  My post shows nothing about your pre-order being cancelled but instead focuses on how you have been negative towards others and spoken your opinions as fact regarding GW2 for a long time now.

You very well know that is what I meant and are simply feigning innocence to cover yourself.

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Maketso

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Hmm, this whole thread it a bait.  Had it been in general forums perhaps not, but coming to the GW2 forums to do so is clearly a ploy to get responses, which you did...bravo.  What really makes it a bait is not that you told us you cancelled your pre-order (that in and of itself is fine) but that your "substantiated" reasons for doing so are OLD arguments presented as fact to help others understand the "truth" about the game. 

Couldnt have said it any better.

Me neither, BRAVO!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Hmm, this whole thread is a bait.  Had it been in general forums perhaps not, but coming to the GW2 forums to do so is clearly a ploy to get responses, which you did...bravo.  What really makes it a bait is not that you told us you cancelled your pre-order (that in and of itself is fine) but that your "substantiated" reasons for doing so are OLD arguments presented as fact to help others understand the "truth" about the game. 

OP, if you have a  Critical Thinking response place it  here ^

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Wow you are really grasping at straws here.

So by your logic if someone had a complaint once about GW2 and brought it up it can never br brought up again as a valid reason otherwise it is an old argument and "baiting". Sure whatever you say pal. 

Originally posted by Mephster
    No worries op there is still hope out there for the mmo genre. We just have to be patient.

And don't you play innocent either.  Lurking here has allowed me to read MANY threads.  And I've seen you chime in on several negative GW2 threads over the months, adding nothing to the discussion, simply echoing the original negative post with nothing new to present.

So what are you adding to this one?  Do you agree with Bilbo or not?  Have you cancelled your preorder as well?  Do you want more tiered endgame progression?

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673
    Originally posted by heartless
    Originally posted by Pelagato
    Originally posted by Vannor

elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees.

minus the elves and orcs as well...

The rest of your post though is your opinion, yet a politely disagree with all of it. Sorry the game didn't work out for you and I hope you find what you want.

No raids doesnt sound like an opinion at all... its just a fact...

There are raids though. It's just that they are not instanced.

oh!!! So the no raids is a downward LIE or fanbois are just calling openworld crap a raid now...

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

So by your logic if someone had a complaint once about GW2 and brought it up it can never br brought up again as a valid reason otherwise it is an old argument and "baiting". Sure whatever you say pal. 

I am the BATMAN! *flies away*

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

Everybit of it applys to you, Your post history proves otherwise.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Op you have made 100's of posts based on the same thing many times in many threads and then turn around to make your own just to make conflict with GW2 players that is why the above is being said.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Skarecrow7Skarecrow7 Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Making a post about cancling a pre-order on a video game? Drama queen much?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

I am the BATMAN! *flies away*

Batman doesn't fly.

Spider-man, on the other hand... Well, I'll just let Spidey do the talking.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

elves and orcs fantasy that we have seen a million times. GW2 is really just WoW minus raids and sub fees.

The rest of your post though is your opinion, yet a politely disagree with all of it. Sorry the game didn't work out for you and I hope you find what you want.

oh!!! So the no raids is a downward LIE or fanbois are just calling openworld crap a raid now...

Raid bosses

Usually a boss is strong enough that it cannot be defeated by a team smaller than the designed raid size parameters for that boss. For example, a normal team size might not exceed eight people, but a raid for a particular boss may require 40 or more people. A normal team size wouldn't be able to survive the amount of damage that the boss can do. Increasing the size of the group helps to distribute the boss's damage output amongst a greater number of targets, increases the number of characters doing damage to the boss simultaneously, and increases the number of support characters (healers, buffers, and debuffers) producing cumulative effects, enabling a greater number of characters to survive the boss's attacks and inflict enough damage on the boss to defeat it.

Quated by deffintion so yes world boss fights that take more then normal group size is considered a raid by deffintion. And many games have had these EQ1 did so did Vanilla WoW but people whined and had them changed to an instance cause you had to camp them in GW2 you dont because everyone involed getting rewarded EXP and loot no matter what.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I'll only say this in response: I'm against traditional raids being in GW2 because their design philosophy is basically:

1. exclusive only to a certain group of people.
    2. Gives the absolute best gear in terms of stats, thus trivializing all content that comes before it (assuming it's placed as endgame and not as a stepping stone or something).
    3. Becomes obsolete the moment the next patch drops because the stats on the gear aren't the highest anymore.
    all of the above mentioned contradicts the philosophy set by GW2, in that all of the content remains relevant because none of them offer gear that has an advantage over the other.

Polite, well-written people (GW2 lovers or not) have addressed those concerns/issues in countless other threads so to you I say "yes."  If you were new to the site and had these concerns then I would say "no."  You would simply be asking and trying to understand for the FIRST TIME.

However, you and I both know that you are NOT here for answers or to understand anything.  You simply want to stir people up with same stuff that YOU have been saying for a long time.  This is not about hypothetical "people" it is about YOU starting this thread for negative reasons and filling it with what YOU believe to be fact when in reality it is not.  Do not feign innocence.

On topic: I might buy a character slot down the road sometime from the shop.

Topic Hijacking

• Game Attacks
      •  
    • Trolling

^

This discussion has been closed.