Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Aelious
    The amusing part will be all the doom sayers camping this forum waiting for "man, GW2 really bites!" and scrambling to pipe in with "I told you it would!!" replies. Of course people will not like the game, even though they thought they might, and then come here to whine about it. Hopefully they will be asked why, not that it will matter to the ITYS crowd.

I've never understood why people would hope to "not" like something. You would think that having more things that people like would be a good thing.

.... In most cases it isnt folks hoping NOT to like something.

Its HYPE.... Its people purchasing something based on HYPE and then finding dissapointment- Then we hear "t he sub model is dead" and "nobody wants to pay a sub" (ala SWTOR) when people were happy to pay a sub but were disapointed due to the HYPE.

Same with GW2- The second most overhyped game I can remember.

Take the hype away and people will know what they are really getting into. As I said I like GW2- I also feel its shallow (which is fine since there isnt a sub)- But I knew what I was getting into thus I am happy...

Others buy the hype and find disapointment. But the boxes are sold. Thats the problem with the genre right now. Its predatory marketing.

GW2 is a fine game. But if you are expecting what most are- Its going to suck. And very soon (six months) I reckon P2W items (its close now IMO) and people angry at a box price for a F2P game. People angry for not getting what the HYPE has painted. People just...Angry.

I wont be- But again- I KNEW what I was purchasing.

curious as to what you consider hype.. most of the people around here i see praise this game have put more hours already into the game through all the beta events + stress tests than the time it would take to beat 90% of the single player games out there. When there is litterally thousands of hours of gameplay footage on youtube showing you an insane amount of footage on almost every aspect of the game how is this still considered just hype?  I'd like you to name a single AAA MMO ever released that had this much fan footage of most aspects of the game and tons of dev articles and dev gameplay videos that are hours long prior to launch. How would you still consider this just hype? Obviously the entire game isn't out there to see yet but enough of it is to make a solid stance on the game and what it IS and has to offer people. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Maketso
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Agreed with author. TSW is a much better game

All of humanity was created stupid, some are just even more stupid than others.

i'm sorry, I just had to make that joke.

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Hard to believe this guy even preordered and spent so many month's whining about issues that have already been dealt with.  Well hopefully this thread dies, there's a ton of misinformation in the OP anyways.
  • MaketsoMaketso Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by Maketso
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Agreed with author. TSW is a much better game

All of humanity was created stupid, some are just even more stupid than others.

i'm sorry, I just had to make that joke.

You sir, are winning. haha

Too many TSW fanboys trolling. along with this GW2 hater that created this insanity thread, based on  horrible inaccurate information. Woooo

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

What's funny to me is that TSW is so bad, just the act of saying "I like TSW more than another game" seems like trolling.

It's like when people talk about being subbed to SWTOR today, it just seems so inconceivable.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by 7star
    Isn't PS2 going to have a cash shop? As you said, OP, if you are familiar with MMOs then according to your logic the game you are expecting to be a revolution in the genre is going to be pay-to-win. I'm not saying that, mind you, but it follows from what you said.

It's supposed to be cosmetic only but since the game is going to be completely F2P, I'm not exactly sure how that will play out.

I was a huge fan of the first Planetside, so I hope that it doesn't become P2W.

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

What's funny to me is that TSW is so bad, just the act of saying "I like TSW more than another game" seems like trolling.

I thought it was pretty fun, but I didn't have enough money to justify buying it and subbing. I prefer my transaction to be upfront.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I LOVE DIABLO 3 MORE THAN ALL OTHER GAMES. EVER.

TSW IS MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD AND NOBODY CAN DISPUTE THAT.

Diablo 3 is wayyy better than TSW. Diablo has riad type bosses, better loot drops and random environments. Win.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• LytheEmberLytheEmber Member UncommonPosts: 43

On topic: I was not interested in GW2 until I saw it was having a BWE (#1) and purchased it on a whim.  I downloaded the Beta client and was hooked immediately.  I purchased it for my wife that afternoon, downloaded it and we played as long as we could the next day Sunday.

Since then, I have watched videos, read the wiki, read the two preceding novels, read articles, forums and participated in every BWE and stress test...even the 1 hour one today.  The issues presented by Bilbo are not reality.  They may be possibilities but they are not realities despite the fact that he believes them to be...and then feels the need to spread the "truth" to others.

Then I learned how to check a user's past posts and I found such an endeavor quite illucidating.  I saw a pattern, the same pattern of negativity and rudeness by the OP hinted at by other posters within this thread.

So where is the Character Progression in GW2?
    General Discussion « Guild Wars 2

1/28/12 6:25:20 PM

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

Well, mmos are all about community - other people you play the game with. That's where the true progression lies. Think about it...

Kudos to GW2 devs for finally realizing that the reason people grind for gear in, say, WoW is actually the other people.. others to show off to or help em out. There really is no reason for the grind. It's all about the mates, the people you play with. Gear grind is just a means to an end, and a sorry unfun means it is.

I'll keep playing GW2 for exactly the same reasons I go to a neighbourhood caffe. It's not a bad anology for mmos.. certainly much better than going to the movies, paying for a ticket and then forgetting all about it.

Huh?

I understand what community in an MMO means and how a great comunity can affect a game. Been playing since 96' and was there for the amazing early days of EQ1 when community really made that game shine.

That being said, it has absolutely nothing to do with character progression. EQ1 for instance was all about a gear treadmill yet it had a great community. WoW on the other hand is all about the gear treadmill yet has a shit community. A game having a gear treadmill is not what gives it a bad community at all.

In fact while you may not want to hear this. GW2 may end up having an awful community as what DOES cause MMO's to have bad communities will be very very present in GW2. The ability to solo almost all the time if you want to whether its in PvE or PvP and the fact that GW2 is going to be big on PvP which tends to attract the biggest scumbags and assholes around.

Anyways. while I agree that community makes a great game and obviously we both value it in MMO's it has nothing to do with character progression and if you think GW2 will for some reason have this great community I think you are in for a rude awakening.......

This is almost SEVEN months ago and from his demeanor in this post he has not yet been attacked by the GW2 community.  Oddly enough he foretells of the community's doom whilst slandering some of the PvP community via profanity.

New features added to the game: what the first new feature would you like to see added to GW2 ?

2/12/12 9:36:16 PM

Tiered raiding with gear progression.

GW2 needs this badly

SIX months ago he was speaking his opinion as fact...the same "progression" he is ranting about now.  You'd think that in the past HALF OF A YEAR he would have figured out that it's NOT a part of GW2.  The fact that TODAY he is spamming the same rhetoric further proves he does not wish a discussion in any current thread about GW2.  He is only here to incite others and to ruin their enjoyment.

Guild Wars 2 coming to consoles. Huh, what?

2/15/12 7:00:09 PM

hahah. if this was ANY other game the same people in this thread would be tearing that game a new asshole and saying how "casual" and "Fail" it was for being a console port.

So much hypocrisy in this thread.

What happened from January to February?  This is FAR more of a direct insult to the GW2 community than the January post.

Hey are any of you tired MMO vets, hyped up for Guild Wars 2?

2/19/12 1:45:35 PM

Im very much looing forward to GW2 but I think many of the people here are fooling themselves.

GW2 is going to definetly be different and something somewhat new but it is also almost certainly going to be the most casual PVE game out there. The PvP is where this game will shine. The people looking for a game with tons of depth and character progression are looking at the WRONG game however as GW2 will not be that game. This game more closely resembles a MMO Fantasy version of Call of Duty than DAOC.

Anyways since I didnt post something that was all sunshine and lollipops about GW2 I fully expect to get piled on by the usual suspects here who lose their minds when someone doesnt agree that GW2 will be the best game evah

More attacks on the community and random thoughts spoken as if they are true.

Guildwars 2 will not only have shop for customizing ??
    General Gaming « General Discussion

3/02/12 4:02:50 PM

This game will go Pay 2 win sooner or later.

May as well start early so people get used to it from the start and cant complain you pulled a bait and switch a year into it.

Another one of his truths that he just HAS to make people aware of about GW2.  Over FIVE months ago, even before the Beta Weekends started if I am not mistaken.  It was pure speculation at that point and now that there's been MONTHS of evidence to negate his stale, tired arguments he comes across as beligerent (imo) and hateful.

And there are pages more of this stuff.  I just wanted everyone to see how far back this goes and how sad I am that he feels empowered by attacking others, tarnishing their silver linings (warranted or not) because he himself cannot see one.

I've not posted here before (obviously) but I've read enough on this site, and others, to know when someone is deliberately being inflammatory and negative.  Why is he allowed to start such threads?

Well, if the intent is to demean GW2 and hurt its blossoming community, then you failed.  Your hatred of GW2 and clear disdain for the GW2 community (which I proudly consider myself a part of now) is only galvanizing those that want to enjoy the game.  I count myself among those now.

Kudos to you, sir for making us stronger.

See ya'll in game the 25th.

Lythe
    Originally posted by Magnetia

I LOVE DIABLO 3 MORE THAN ALL OTHER GAMES. EVER.

TSW IS MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD AND NOBODY CAN DISPUTE THAT.

Diablo 3 is wayyy better than TSW. Diablo has riad type bosses, better loot drops and random environments. Win.

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236
    guys while i was at Subway today i decided not to go with the chicken bacon ranch sandwich and get the subway club, just figured i'd come to the site and let you guys know all my purchase decisions cause it's the cool thing to do these days
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Is this post going to turn out like this post?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999#5081999

Ohhh it makes sense now.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by alkrmr
    guys while i was at Subway today i decided not to go with the chicken bacon ranch sandwich and get the subway club, just figured i'd come to the site and let you guys know all my purchase decisions cause it's the cool thing to do these days

...OH! That's what it meant, took me a few seconds to figure it out.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Man I got some food from Bills Barbecue today as well, it was good.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

I had some cube steak with rice and gravy that I made for dinner.  I may have added too much pepper to the gravy though...just letting you know.
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Any one watch Breaking Bad tonight? Man that ending eh?
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Man I got some food from Bills Barbecue today as well, it was good.

shit that sounds good, i bet they have a cashshop and it's p2w right?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by LytheEmber

Another one of his truths that he just HAS to make people aware of about GW2.  Over FIVE months ago, even before the Beta Weekends started if I am not mistaken.  It was pure speculation at that point and now that there's been MONTHS of evidence to negate his stale, tired arguments he comes across as beligerent (imo) and hateful.

And there are pages more of this stuff.  I just wanted everyone to see how far back this goes and how sad I am that he feels empowered by attacking others, tarnishing their silver linings (warranted or not) because he himself cannot see one.

I've not posted here before (obviously) but I've read enough on this site, and others, to know when someone is deliberately being inflammatory and negative.  Why is he allowed to start such threads?

Well, if the intent is to demean GW2 and hurt its blossoming community, then you failed.  Your hatred of GW2 and clear disdain for the GW2 community (which I proudly consider myself a part of now) is only galvanizing those that want to enjoy the game.  I count myself among those now.

Kudos to you, sir for making us stronger.

See ya'll in game the 25th.

Lythe

You should have been a detective! :) I will not state my opinion on your findings, because I somehow become entwined in bans. But good work on what you did...(not saying it is good or bad) :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

That's fine except you visit the wrong forum.  http://www.food.com/bb/

Quite honestly I think there's too many fanboi making sarcastic comment just because "some people" dont' like GW2.

Hey now guys, were getting off topic! image

Originally posted by laokoko

That's fine except you visit the wrong forum.  http://www.food.com/bb/

Quite honestly I think there's too many fanboi making sarcastic comment just because "some people" dont' like GW2.

or maybe because making a topic about NOT buying something or even not liking a game is pointless

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

This thread is about GW2 so please stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking/Derailing threads is a bannable offense and I wouldnt want to see any of you get banned. So please be respectful and stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking

• Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
      Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Topic Hijacking/Derailing threads is a bannable offense and I wouldnt want to see any of you get banned. So please be respectful and stay on topic.

Topic Hijacking

• Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com.
      Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.

I would think imitating a moderator would also be a questionable action.

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Is this post going to turn out like this post?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999#5081999

Ohhh it makes sense now.

It really does, oh well, another one down the drain.

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Topic Hijacking

Heres a very serious on topic related question: Why does the OP seem to come back and feel the need to re-post the same bitching ? I have seen your previous encounters, wow. Your accusations about why you cancelled a pre-order are far from legitimate ( in a smart, understanding persons eyes). But im glad you found your way out of GW2! +1 For Community.

P.s. Your post in itself was ''off-topic''. :3   ajajaja

This discussion has been closed.