Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelled my pre-order today. Heres why

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by xalvi

Only thing i agree with you is the PvP zergfest. Its really annoying and terrible, bring 5v5 sPVP back.

The game has that in the form of structured PvP.

Oh really. I thought it was 8v8 zergfest, i must be blind

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

Tournaments are the more organized side of structured PvP. Talk to the tournament master to join. Tournament play is always 5v5 and matches take place on the same maps that are used for hot join play.

Don't waste your time on people like that, they won't even look at the link.

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Sorry you really didn't like the P2W (Play 2 Win) aspect of Guild Wars 2.

Roll the Dice

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I think the point of any thread, assuming its not trolling, is sharing an opinion of something and criticizing how they feel about it.

Other than the obvious part of any forum is the discussion, is also sharing the ideas among the browsers of the forums to add to the hive mind. From the hive mind, ideally, people can come with better and more refined ideas.

If indeed what the OP is saying is even slightly true, and you ignored it, despite if you considered it to be possibly true would have reacted differently, then it is also your loss.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Out of curiosity, who and why was the OP's original post reported? Just wondering. I don't think "reporting" posts just because you disagree with them is playing by the rules. It's distastefull actually.

Yes, I read that he's a daily troll, but that doesn't mean reporting his post is right.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    /sigh /popcorn

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    what about the JOURNEY to the endgame... Isn't the journey satisfying, too?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Tokken
    what about the JOURNEY to the endgame... Isn't the journey satisfying, too?

The journey in almost every MMO has been trivialized to the point that most people probably see it as an obstacle rather than an experience.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Guild wars 2 has to be the most trolled mmo to date, i don't understand it because it's a solid game.

Yep, I agree.

There was a lot of hate thrown at SWTOR before release as well, but I felt like much of it was actually warranted.  GW2 hate posts though, they are always like one or two legitimate reasons of why someone may not like the game, and then a bunch of stuff that is basically made up.

I mean...if you don't like the game because it has no raiding, no mounts, or no trinity...then just say that, you don't need to say any more.  But just about everyone HAS to say more it seems...and that's when we get the absolute BS complaints like 

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

3.  Combat is just a spamfest and requires no skill.

4.  Cash shop is pure P2W.

I mean, just to compare...a similar hate post directed against TSW would look like:

I hate TSW because it has a modern theme, the combat is not very exciting, it has no raids, and it raped my sister.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Guild wars 2 has to be the most trolled mmo to date, i don't understand it because it's a solid game.

Yep, I agree.

There was a lot of hate thrown at SWTOR before release as well, but I felt like much of it was actually warranted.  GW2 hate posts though, they are always like one or two legitimate reasons of why someone may not like the game, and then a bunch of stuff that is basically made up.

I mean...if you don't like the game because it has no raiding, no mounts, or no trinity...then just say that, you don't need to say any more.  But just about everyone HAS to say more it seems...and that's when we get the absolute BS complaints like 

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

agreed.

oh like the new avatar:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by Derpybird

Is this post going to turn out like this post?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5081999#5081999

Well dug up.   +1          

It seems TSW fans are very worried about what might happen over the next few weeks / months.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Yep, I agree.

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

agreed.

oh like the new avatar:P

IT'S A TRAP! lol :)

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    That avatar is going to become more appropriate in these forums as the 25th gets closer :)
  • BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Yep, I agree.

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

You want to talk about misinformation? Just look at the way you tried to spin the points I made.

1. I never stated that GW2 had no endgame. I said it has an endgame that isnt very good and is the same stuff you had already been doing.

2. PvP IS a zergfest. Its dozens of players roving around from keep to keep punching gates. That is GW2 pvp in a nutshell.

3. Combat is incredibly simple and easy. You only have like 7 skills and mashing them works fine  in pvp and pve since the game is so easy (ie. requires no skill)

4. I said it is near Pay 2 win. It isnt quite full-on p2w. Yet...(it will be though yo u can count on it).

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

You want to talk about misinformation? Just look at the way you tried to spin the points I made.

1. I never stated that GW2 had no endgame. I said it has an endgame that isnt very good and is the same stuff you had already been doing.

2. PvP IS a zergfest. Its dozens of players roving around from keep to keep punching gates. That is GW2 pvp in a nutshell.

3. Combat is incredibly simple and easy. You only have like 7 skills and mashing them works fine  in pvp and pve since the game is so easy (ie. requires no skill)

4. I said it is near Pay 2 win. It isnt quite full-on p2w. Yet...(it will be though yo u can count on it).

there you going again spreading misinformation about the game again.. not sure if you are doing it purposly or really don't realise it.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Yep, I agree.

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

You just described TSW perfectly. I thought that we were talking about GW2 here?

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

there you going again spreading misinformation about the game again.. not sure if you are doing it purposly or really don't realise it.

what was the misinformation part? Just wondering...

I'm guessing the 4th point at the very minimum.

• PanteraRosaPanteraRosa Member UncommonPosts: 35

Yep, I agree.

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

Dang bro.. you just really hate this game

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Three of the four things you say are simply just wrong.  You DID get "no raids" right though....congratulations.

Now, enjoy whatever you're playing.  Some of us will be enjoying GW2 and your post won't do a thing to dissuade us.  Nice try though, and no, I refuse to try to convince you to see things my way.  I'm just not a douchy tool enough to need to do that, so....again.....have fun playin' whatever you play. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by heartless

You just described TSW perfectly.

well he did use the 7 skills reference... maybe he got his games mixed up this whole time?

Originally posted by just1opinion

Three of the four things you say are simply just wrong.  You DID get "no raids" right though....congratulations.

Now, enjoy whatever you're playing.  Some of us will be enjoying GW2 and your post won't do a thing to dissuade us.  Nice try though, and no, I refuse to try to convince you to see things my way.  I'm just not a douchy tool enough to need to do that, so....again.....have fun playin' whatever you play. :)

there are raids though.. just not instanced dungeon raids

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Only thing i agree with you is the PvP zergfest. Its really annoying and terrible, bring 5v5 sPVP back.

Tournaments are the more organized side of structured PvP. Talk to the tournament master to join. Tournament play is always 5v5 and matches take place on the same maps that are used for hot join play.

True, but i was refering to the hot join one. Sometimes i just want to chill out and not focus much.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Don't waste your time on people like that, they won't even look at the link.

Don't waste his time on people like what exactly?

i knew tournaments are 5v5, but mostly requires you to go on someones vent server and such.

• IudiciumIudicium Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Did you know the cash shop only have Dyes,Pirate,cooker costums etc ,Guild buffs,more bank/bag and char slots,pets. I don't know but there nothing like pay to win in Guild Wars 2 you are just a F..K.NG RET..D :).
  • BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by Pantera_rosa

Yep, I agree.

1.  No endgame.

2.  PvP is a zergfest.

Dang bro.. you just really hate this game

I wouldnt say that I hate the game. Hate is a strong word. Not a fan is a better way to descrbibe it.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the game and give a different perspective besides all the rah-rah stuff which only gets heard. People have a right to know the truth about the game.

Originally posted by Psychow

what was the misinformation part? Just wondering...

I'm guessing the 4th point at the very minimum.

I'm happy to elaborate if you are truely are curious although all the information has been talked about a ton of times already.. but if you really are curious ill be happy to write it out although all the info is in the videos in my sig although I seem to be offending some people when I refer them to my sig

This discussion has been closed.