Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 and Work.- More!

spiralpenspiralpen Member Posts: 36

I feel unfortunately this is already gonna be an issue... How has GW2 already affected your work? Here is evidence of my work issues. Drawing pointless mediocre art for no apperant reason cause i cant stop thinking about Guild Wars 2

gw2

EDIT: It is getting worse, luckily for me, work is slow at the moment or else I would get boss aggro, and this is just advice for techy people, dont try fixing toasters if you dunno how, pretty sure you will blow up or something, I would.

tada

Comments

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

LOL!

+1 like

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    you can tell op is a girl by girly handwriting. why do all girls write like that??? o_O;;

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    omg, so pretty!
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I like your picture lol, but it hasn't been a problem for me im off tell monday so im getting my gw2 2 day in a row stress test fix. Other then that I have to run around all weekend because of errands and stuff. I'm so glad androids support flash and some phones come with keyboards.
  • Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I am actually happy I am working during these 2 stress tests.  I'd feel more stressed if I was constantly limited to playing time.  Luckily work is busy enough to keep me preoccupied for a couple more weeks.  After that I have already requested my vacation shortly after the game releases.
  • Originally posted by Arachneus1
    I am actually happy I am working during these 2 stress tests.  I'd feel more stressed if I was constantly limited to playing time.  Luckily work is busy enough to keep me preoccupied for a couple more weeks.  After that I have already requested my vacation shortly after the game releases.

its stressful for PvE yeah, not that enjoyable expcet maybe running a some jumping puzzles.  But for WvW and sPvP is not bad.  Other than the crashing and disconnects of course.

• spiralpenspiralpen Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Arachneus1

its stressful for PvE yeah, not that enjoyable expcet maybe running a some jumping puzzles.  But for WvW and sPvP is not bad.  Other than the crashing and disconnects of course.

Yea I am waiting , didnt get the game till the last "open" beta was done and, ugh dont want to play the game for the first time in stress, or I use that as an excuse for the fact that I wasnt able to play even if I wanted to :P

Also trying not to read too much about the game, watch a gazillion gameplay videos so I recognize all the starting areas before I even start.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by spiralpen

I feel unfortunately this is already gonna be an issue... How has GW2 already affected your work? Here is evidence of my work issues. Drawing pointless mediocre art for no apperant reason cause i cant stop thinking about Guild Wars 2

Its not mediocre, its quite good! Well done :)

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

You can´t help real life interfering with your work...  The things you love to do in your free time will allways be on your mind.

But a professional can allways set his mind to a task no matter what, its actually quite easy to set your mind to something and not think about these things when your time schedule does not allow it.  And if your timeschedule does allow this, or like me browsing the world wide webs during worktime, just praise the lord for your job ;)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Shhh...if my boss finds out I could get in trouble.
  • illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

that's really nice +1

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i like this thread and your picture.

thank you!

it hasn't affected my work yet, as school for me begins on the 22nd..

this is going to be a rough semester :P

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by spiralpen

gw2

There is plenty of rain in Ireland so you don't have to water your plants, But anything to waste time before launch i guess. I wish i could draw it seems like a good time killer.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

It hasn't really affected my work at all to be honest.

I'm having 2 weeks off though.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by ComfyChair

2 weeks off right now, or 2 weeks off after the 25th?

Thanks all for the replies, but you dissapoint me, was hoping to hear much more people in similar/worse situations!

hah, true about the need to water the plants. Maybe I should have written of talking to the plants or something instead.. well, you guys not living in a not so tropical rain forest/jungle/suburban can take my advice :D

Originally posted by ComfyChair

Not saving your vacation time for post-launch?? Shame on you sir! madam.. sir..!

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130
    haha love it :-)

Thanks, afraid its getting worse, look above :l

Good thing im fully booked for all the closed betas :-(

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222
    I am considering cancelling my holiday trip because i want to play the whole week after the release.
    Originally posted by ipeka
    I am considering cancelling my holiday trip because i want to play the whole week after the release.

haha I so understand this :D sad but true.

Where are you going? Thats the big thing, if your going to visit family in some boring city it would make more sense