Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Which profession will your main be?

gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

Hello all.  Polls like this have been run a couple of times on different sites over the past months, so this is nothing new.  Though I myself find my choice of main has evolved over time, especially after getting more in-depth into the professions and trying new ones across different events.  I'm always interested in the distribution of people's choices also.   Please select below what your main profession will be!

Comments

• GonzomikeGonzomike Member Posts: 30
    Necro with my next alt being a fighter.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Hmm I see why these polls often slip away down the list... seems voting doesn't bump?
  • ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758
    I'll be playing a Ranger first :) But i'll have many characters.
  • SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Prolly be a warrior first

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

Warrior ! FTW Heavy armor with most weapon variety? 

I remember in BWE2 my level 33 warrior had 79% crit chance

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

There's quite a few big cities. I thought I'd start an electrician or a plumber.

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106
    I'll be playing war as my main and probably lvl necro or engi as my first alt.
  • WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Engineer first, then Warrior & Thief. After that, Necro perhaps.
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    ranger :) damn straight, just love bow focused characters, was a ranger on gw1 will be on gw2 :)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Whichever is played least
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by tank017

You really let others dictate what you are going to play?

Personally, it's whichever is the most fun to me. And it's warrior, even if it's the most selected in polls, it's been that way since before the game went into semi-open-beta through pre-purchases.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Guardian all the way.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Been having fun as a thief.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Necro if I don't like then Ranger........Durring batas I stayed away from my mains for something to look fwd too.

• ArudalArudal Member Posts: 5
    very excited to play asuran thief

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by daniel!!!
    ranger :) damn straight, just love bow focused characters, was a ranger on gw1 will be on gw2 :)

I also wanted to be a ranger at first, but after playing it a few times the skills seem very dull comapred to some of the other classes.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Wasn't there just a poll about this yesterday? lol

Anyway, I decided to go with Warrior but I am determined to get good with the Guardian like I initially planned months (years) ago.

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Boltonsquad
    Originally posted by daniel!!!

I also wanted to be a ranger at first, but after playing it a few times the skills seem very dull comapred to some of the other classes.

I quite like the ranger skills and abilities but the annoyance of micro-managing the pets is a real turn off from my experience.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    warrior. love working the ranged bow on it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Necro.  As another poster described it    "Broccoli of Doom"  image

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

It is a tough choice.  I tried a lot of the classes over the course of the various beta weekends, stress tests and so forth.

Classes I like

- Mesmer

- Elementalist

- Thief

- Warrior

- Guardian

Classes I don't like

- Engineer

- Ranger

- Necromancer

Currently I'm probably looking to play a Mesmer but going on past game experiences I will probably try all of my preferred classes over time.  As the game gives you 5 character slots to begin with that should keep me busy for a fairly long time.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323
    Voted ranger as a main, but really thinking going thief instead.. From what I hear on these forums, the pet is turning me off.. I'll probably end up trying both.. As an alt, will depends on which one I pick as a main : Elementalist if Thief and Guardian if Ranger..
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Wasn't there just a poll about this yesterday? lol

Yes, it's a popular topic.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/360024/Favorite-class.html

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103

wow, I didn't realize warrior was so popular, though I always did believe that I was going to run one as an alt.

Ele's I can see lots of people going that way because of how many skills they have access to.

Oh well, I like being part of a minority class, it just fits my playstyle I suppose. :D

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by tank017

You really let others dictate what you are going to play?

Personally, it's whichever is the most fun to me. And it's warrior, even if it's the most selected in polls, it's been that way since before the game went into semi-open-beta through pre-purchases.

I try not to be a dime a dozen as much as I can.