Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fury considering coming back....

LogiLogi Member UncommonPosts: 48

I'm currently bored with the new games that are out and was considering coming back to EQ2. I left shortly after RoK and had an endgame Fury at the time. How is the game nowadays? I played on Unrest. I enjoyed the game immensly when I played it but noticed getting groups was sometimes hard, even with a healer.  Currently I play Rift, but have grown tired of that game. I just remember the zones seemed bigger and more full of life in EQ2. My Gamestop has the DoV expnasion for $29.99, any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the most popular servers are Freeport, Antonia Bayle, Crushbone with players at all levels

but all servers have endgame grouping/raiding ongoing

you dont need the DOV expansion until you are level 86+

recommend subbing so wont have restrictions

no need to buy anything else   (unless you want to try mercenaries)

EDIT:

you can buy DOV direct from SOE for only 19.99, use the drop down window to select it

http://www.everquest2.com/shop

• LogiLogi Member UncommonPosts: 48

I went with the disk as I didnt want to be downloading the client forever, see you guys in game soon!

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    I am debating coming back and played on Guk i believe. Do they give you a free transfer or is Guk still populated? Anyone know? And debating the expac since they are on sale this weekend. Had a 50 something necro last I played and some others that I do not remember besides a lowbie Fury.
    Originally posted by Yizle
    I am debating coming back and played on Guk i believe. Do they give you a free transfer or is Guk still populated? Anyone know? And debating the expac since they are on sale this weekend. Had a 50 something necro last I played and some others that I do not remember besides a lowbie Fury.

i dont know the Guk population

there are no free transfers

leveling is easy if you have access to mercenaries  (requires AOD expansion)

I recommend you buy the DOV expansion for 9.99 this weekend if you do come back

-- altho DOV is worthless til you are level 86+

Yeah I must have hit my head... SOE do something for its customers for free... Lost my mind temporarily.

Also with the hybrid model it seems you can't even use most the gear unless you go gold or buy an item per piece of gear.

• NokerriNokerri Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Nadia

the most popular servers are Freeport, Antonia Bayle, Crushbone with players at all levels

but all servers have endgame grouping/raiding ongoing

you dont need the DOV expansion until you are level 86+

recommend subbing so wont have restrictions

no need to buy anything else   (unless you want to try mercenaries)

EDIT:

you can buy DOV direct from SOE for only 19.99, use the drop down window to select it

http://www.everquest2.com/shop

You forgot Nagafen Nadia :P

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

You should be fine on guk almost half the raid guilds are looking for healers.   If your raiding and level 92 with min 300 aa then your golden but your going to have to have that to get into a raid guild.

Guk server population is just fine.  We raid 3-4 nights per week

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I wish another MMO would make a rat race... kinda miss my little ratonga.

Although I guess technically they all have rat races <.<

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    hey guys how hard is the AA grind in EQ2 now the highest ive ever gotten was on a 52 shadownight with 119 AA and that was during a double exp event weekend. I know its pretty easy to level in eq2 but all i hear about is constant complaints on the AA grind . Is any of that true or is there good ways to earn AA in a decent amount of time?
    Originally posted by erictlewis

You should be fine on guk almost half the raid guilds are looking for healers.   If your raiding and level 92 with min 300 aa then your golden but your going to have to have that to get into a raid guild.

Yeah I am not a healer and nowhere near 92. I got a necro in the 50s a lowbie fury and an SK.

My Fury does more dps then heals.

Originally posted by cronius77
    hey guys how hard is the AA grind in EQ2 now the highest ive ever gotten was on a 52 shadownight with 119 AA and that was during a double exp event weekend. I know its pretty easy to level in eq2 but all i hear about is constant complaints on the AA grind . Is any of that true or is there good ways to earn AA in a decent amount of time?

I assume the primary complaint is pertaining to players needing 280 AA to level beyond 90

i prefer to level to 90 first, then work on AAs (but thats me)

im usually doing different alts and grinding AA during special experience events

the AA exp curve did get flattened w game update 63 (April 2012) - its easier to make aa than it used to be

http://eq2wire.com/2012/04/03/alternate-advancement-xp-curve-gets-flattened/

http://eq2wire.com/2012/04/17/eq2wires-guide-to-game-update-63-skyshrine/

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by erictlewis

Yeah I am not a healer and nowhere near 92. I got a necro in the 50s a lowbie fury and an SK.

My Fury does more dps then heals.

Actually things have changed for the Fury.   They do dps but they make good healers.  We have one in our raid and she can solo heal a group. Mind you not the mt group but they put her in the caster group with the trouby.  

We run 2 defilers 2-3 inquisitors 1 fury and 1 warden.  We normally have 7 healers per raid.  Sk's are the forgotten tanks again. You normally have 2 tanks per raid 1 sk as off tank and one monk or zerker if the monk is out. Getting a tank into a raid guild is almost impossible, unless you got a name for yourself.  Necro's might be the way for you to go.

Either way there are a few guilds I see advertising who would let you in and help you gain your footing until your ready to raid.  Getting AA is easy they flattened the curve out so folks could to that,and in order to get past 90 you have to have 280 aa. The best way to get AA is to group and run dungeons, if yo you power your way to 90 then go back and chrono back down and run dungeons and raid zones you missed.