Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really want to get into EVE

localhero95localhero95 Member Posts: 16

The more I read and hear about EVE the more I really want to play it, I already had an account set up, but nothing really on it, so I started a new character a couple of days ago. I've played eve before, but never could find I good corporation or someone to play with. With my newly started up character, I can hardly log in for maybe more than 10 minutes before I get a little bit lonely and log off.

I geuss why I'm posting this is to find a corporation or a person who is willing to play a considerable amount of time online (I have a lot of time >.>).

I'm a pretty avid PvP'r and I don't think I'd have much of a good time playing with anyone who was really too much of a carebear. 

Anyway just message me if your interested, or have a decent corp. Thanks.

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

First of all, can I ask whether you have subscribed or are still in your trial? Very few corps will accept characters still on their free trial. It's not because of snobbery, it's for security reasons.

Secondly, have you completed the tutorials?

Thirdly, have you actually done any PvP in EVE?

Fourthly, what kind of PvP attracts you? Piracy? Big fleet action? Roaming gang? Planting your flag and defending it? Give us something to work with here.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

If you're interested in pvp then start joining rvb. Lot's of action going on non stop there, so if you have enough ISK to keep buying ships you won't get bored.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

You should hit up the ofiicial forums and check the corp threads.

You also started in an NPC corp, there should be hundreds of players in that chat at any given time.  EVE is as social as you make it.  If you log in and never actually talk to anyone, it's going to be a very lonely experience.  Not every person in the NPC corp is a new player, there are many vets in there with you, and many players who would be happy to play along side you. 

If you're looking to hop into EVE and start PvPing from day one, you're going to have a hard time of it if you don't join something like RvB.  The biggest barrier to PvP is going to be affording to PvP.  There are corps that have reimbursment programs and will replace ships lost during PvP encounters; I believe RvB even runs one.

Anyways, if you're looking for a corp then these forums here really aren't going to be the best place to start looking.

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67
    Play it, It's probably the best MMO that i've ever played. But it's a very complex and unforgiving game.
  • kol56kol56 Member Posts: 124

It's the best MMORPG in the market IMO.

Been playing it for 3 years, it's the only MMO that can be fun for years, instead of every latest big thing that gets boring after 3 months when you finish all the content and there is nothing else to do.

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge."

"The idea behind the tuxedo is the woman's point of view that men are all the same; so we might as well dress them that way. That's why a wedding is like the joining together of a beautiful, glowing bride and some guy"
    -Seinfeld

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

As mentioned above, the type of PvP you want to get into will definitly alter the advice we would give you. Small gang roams is very different from thousand-man fleet battles.

One thing I can tell you is this: if you really want to get into PvP you are going to lose a LOT of stuff. It's a simple fact. You'll have to develop a good way of making income to afford ship replacements, and for the love of god don't start going into fights with expensive stuff right off the bat, you'll just shoot your wallet full of holes. Mission running is a relatively simple way of getting decent income, so consider starting there.

If you get into group-based combat the advice I always give to new players is to look into the role of fast tackler. You can do it quite effectively in the cheap-as-dirt tech 1 frigates, and it is an extremely valuable role in a gang. If you do want to do that role, while doing missioning for money look into the following equipment and the skills necessary to use them:

-Microwarp drives

-Stasis webifiers

-Warp disrupters/scramblers

-The small close-range weapons relevant to the initial race that you chose, or of the race you want to fly for the role

-Any skills that boost your movement speed

Good luck.

Where's the any key?

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67

http://eve.battleclinic.com/index.php

Oh btw, here's a site for you that can help you learn the game better.