Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2 is now preventing non-japanese players from playing

MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Well, as the title states, I just heard the news that Sega doesn't want non-japanese players from playing the Japanese version (which is the only version available).  Of course, some people are claiming that it is actually a mistranslation, or that even though Sega doesn't want non-japanese players to play, they aren't IP banning anyone.

What have people heard about this?  Can someone clarify?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    http://Bit.ly/QLeIsZ

You know, that link would have been helpful if it wasn't for two facts.

1.  I posted this question after doing a google search.

2.  It made you look like a jerk.

So, can someone with actual insight on this subject help?

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I am still able to play and havent really heard anything telling me not to.. in fact I've had 5 emails from them offering me various upgrade offers.

Shrug

Originally posted by Sorrow

I am still able to play and havent really heard anything telling me not to.. in fact I've had 5 emails from them offering me various upgrade offers.

Shrug

Well, thats good to hear.

By the way, on a scale of 1 to 10, how useful is the unofficial english patch?  Does it translate everything that is necessary, or are some integral parts left untranslated (or better yet, is it adviseable to just wait for the official english release)?

Originally posted by MadDemon64
    http://Bit.ly/QLeIsZ

You know, that link would have been helpful if it wasn't for two facts.

1.  I posted this question after doing a google search.

2.  It made you look like a jerk.

So, can someone with actual insight on this subject help?

And yet I know the answer to your question took all of 2 minutes. In short all that has changed so far  is the ToS. [mod edit]

And yet I am the only person that has answered his question concisely an accurately. But thanks for your 'contribution'.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Sorrow answered to his first question ! that is why i didn't answer. But I did answer to his 2nd question, but i'm not replying anymore to troll
    No wonder you guys have trouble finding out what's going on with such selective reading skills. The complete, concise answer is all  that has changed is the ToS .
  • silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Yes, you cant "legally" play the japanese version if you are a foreigner, but they have not implemented IP blocks. Which is a whole another issue. They are pretty much saying they can ban your ass for playing their game if they want to, but I doubt they are going to...for now anyways.

If only Emergency "city" would be more common, I wold be playing the game more.

No wonder you guys have trouble finding out what's going on with such selective reading skills. The complete, concise answer is all  that has changed is the ToS .

And yet you felt the need to insult me instead of just plainly saying that the only thing that has changed is the ToS.

By the way, your first post didn't answer anything at all, since I had asked what people had heard and if they could clarify some confusion, which leads me to believe that you have selective reading skills.  Also, it took pointing out that your inital post made you look like a jerk to actually get anything resembling a concise response out of you (plus you can't really say you are the only one, since Sorrow gave a concise and accurate response first that actually answered my question).

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195
    personally not even using the english mod the game is pretty easy to figure out thru trial and error

Originally posted by Sorrow
    personally not even using the english mod the game is pretty easy to figure out thru trial and error

Yea speaking of which, is it still working now with the recent updates?  Do I have to redownload it every time the game updates?  Is it even adviseable to download?

And yet you felt the need to insult me instead of just plainly saying that the only thing that has changed is the ToS.

By the way, your first post didn't answer anything at all, since I had asked what people had heard and if they could clarify some confusion, which leads me to believe that you have selective reading skills.  Also, it took pointing out that your inital post made you look like a jerk to actually get anything resembling a concise response out of you (plus you can't really say you are the only one, since Sorrow gave a concise and accurate response first that actually answered my question).

You perceived it as an insult I just showed you how to use the tools at your disposal to find out what you wanted to know. I'm sorry that put your nose out of joint, really that was not my intention. (really). Any confusion was perpetuated by 'chicken littles!' headless ones at that. The answer was in plain sight but maybe I was snarky.

Anyway my concern would be having changed the ToS do they plan to implement IP blocks.? Playing through a proxy is right royal PITA IMHO. So when does it launch in the west? You can tell me to google it if you like! image

You perceived it as an insult I just showed you how to use the tools at your disposal to find out what you wanted to know. I'm sorry that put your nose out of joint, really that was not my intention. (really). Any confusion was perpetuated by 'chicken littles!' headless ones at that. The answer was in plain sight but maybe I was snarky.

Anyway my concern would be having changed the ToS do they plan to implement IP blocks.? Playing through a proxy is right royal PITA IMHO. So when does it launch in the west? You can tell me to google it if you like! image

I perceived it as an insult because it was an insult.  I already told you that I used google to find out as much as I can, and asked this question so that people could help me sort out the truths from the rumors and understand what I found.  If you didn't want to insult me, you should have just said "google it", but instead you linked "let me google that for you" in your post, a website widely regarded as something used to insult the intelligence of people.

So now you have insulted me twice, once for the "let me google that for you" post, and again claiming that you didn't mean to insult me by linking a website designed to insult people in said post.  

So please, do not insult my intelligence.  You are not fooling me for a second.  I posted this thread for people to give their opinions on what is going on in the Japanese PSO2 and to help those confused by what is going on understand it all, and your posting has ruined it.

No you had not already told me you had used google. You told me in  the post afterwards, kind of too late. I did not wish to offend, have a bit of fun sure, offend no.  I  failed to see how you could not come to the same conclusion as I reached if you had looked, That was why I did the linky rather than just say "all they did was change theToS" I am sorry if that offended you, though I suspect that you will think I'm being incensere. 

No you had not already told me you had used google. You told me in  the post afterwards, kind of too late. I did not wish to offend, have a bit of fun sure, offend no.  I  failed to see how you could not come to the same conclusion as I reached if you had looked, That was why I did the linky rather than just say "all they did was change theToS" I am sorry if that offended you, though I suspect that you will think I'm being incensere. 

Well yes I do.  The moment you linked "let me google this for you" on your post, you destroyed all credibility that you didn't mean to offend me.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

On a more serious not be careful because japanese players on ship 2 are moving afk members perposly off the map to get them banned and why i was online the last time some japanese guy said near me "White Pig Go Home" . He was talking to some other guy thou wish i got a screen shot of it. 

It should be fine as long as you dont go afk here is a link to more people it has happend to. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199078

Originally posted by Weretigar

On a more serious not be careful because japanese players on ship 2 are moving afk members perposly off the map to get them banned and why i was online the last time some japanese guy said near me "White Pig Go Home" . He was talking to some other guy thou wish i got a screen shot of it. 

It should be fine as long as you dont go afk here is a link to more people it has happend to. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199078

Good to know.  Thanks.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I'd be interested in playing. Could someone please provide me with a link of how someone in the states can gain access? Also possible where I might find this english patch? Thank you.
    Originally posted by drakaena
    I'd be interested in playing. Could someone please provide me with a link of how someone in the states can gain access? Also possible where I might find this english patch? Thank you.

go to pso2.jp for the download (I highly suggest looking for the youtube video that outlines how to do it first though).

As forthe patch, just google just that "phantasy star online 2 english patch".  Should be the first thing thing you find.

• kinglelouchkinglelouch Member Posts: 1
    i know this is a mostly dead thread by now, but i just had to say something on the fact that this game is only possible to play in japanese and for the fact that sega might be banning people in other parts in the world from playing it. why just why? i mean if you have a huge player base the game will hit top of the charts, as to why sega is making a bussiness decision like this is beyond me. personally while i like online games like this i believe i would rather still to phantasy star 2 portable for my psp because of this business decision from sega, because at least that game has a online mode which allows you to play the game with others.
  • redtigyredtigy Member UncommonPosts: 1
    they are making a beta for usa soon you know

I do not know what this is

Originally posted by redtigy
    they are making a beta for usa soon you know

Yes, but the wait (and lack of news on the official website) is just crazy.