Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To those who are not buying GW2

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

You are the hope for this genre ;)

Death to all theme and amusement parks!

Let our voices be heard that we want freedom of choice and meaningful purpose to play a MMORPG. There is no place for a themepark ride that quickly ends with rewards like text title, cosmetic armor and mounts that get replaced as expansions come by.

I would find it far more rewarding if I went to clean some toilets for $10 an hour until future sandboxes like Arche Age arrive.

Spoken by a 11 year+ MMORPG veteran.

Peace out~

Comments

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Why exactly is this on GW2 forums? I would sort of understand if this was in general forums, but why target one specific themepark?
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Kopogero

I would find it far more rewarding if I went to clean some toilets for $10 an hour until future sandboxes like Arche Age arrive.

Fortunately, I have a few you can clean - I'll be too busy playing to get to them.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Although I'm subbed to the sandbox antichrist (WoW) I'm not buying GW2. Doesn't seem like a new enough experience to warrant it. Anyways, here here!
  • terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Let our voices be heard that we want freedom of choice and meaningful purpose to play a MMORPG. There is no place for a themepark ride that quickly ends with rewards like text title, cosmetic armor and mounts that get replaced as expansions come by.

Peace out~

[mod edit]

You don't like the game, cool. You like otehr games, cool. [mod edit]

Oh, and I really do hope Archeage works out, because what I see now from the videos is a very dull Asian grinder that has open PvP and houses. Yay. Class system sounds cool though.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Peace out~

11 year + MMORPG veteran here.

I'm buying GW2 and ArcheAge when it comes to NA. =)

P.S.  Id > Wiseman

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

Guys, just dont feed him. He done stuff like this several times already. Last time he was praising WoW or something, i dont know for sure. 

Hope that Admins will do something about people like this.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    you enjoy baiting people posting troll threads in specific game forums?
  • MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Peace out~

Thanks for sharing, have fun cleaning toilets and waiting for ArcheAge =)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Soo....if I'm reading this right, the OP is offering to clear all our toilets for us until ArcheAge comes out?
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

And I thought I wasn't buying it because it strikes me as generic high-fantasy. I didn't know it was to be part of a movement.

GO ME!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Like a boss.
  • DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

0/10

Try harder.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• GruntiesGrunties Member Posts: 859

Peace out~

As a fan of sandbox gameplay, freedom of choice and consequences (my sig has stated as such since I created my account here), I find your post extremely shortsided and misguided.

That you feel one style of play has to die to make room for another style of play only makes sandbox seem weak and unappealing to developers. You are literally saying 'the only way sandbox is able to compete is if all alternatives are removed'. Is that the image you want to portray, that sandbox is so fail it can't survive having competition? It sure isn't the one I want for my favorite genre.

The better way to make your point is to show the industry that sandbox is just as commercially viable as themepark, by showing the virtues of its merits and getting people interested in them, rather than trying to simply shittalk its competition. You do not do sandbox justice, or improve the sandbox experience, by insulting non-sandbox. Not to mention, these styles of play are not exclusive - it does not have to be one or the other.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
    Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Sandbox MMOs simply don't sell as well as theme park ones.  Veteran or not, you aren't a majority of the available customer base.

Of course you could argue that the above is only true because no one has made a "good" one yet, but you would be arguing with nothing but the wind to back you up.  Current historical data indicates the above is the case.

Take it as you will, but development money, in general, always will flow towards the potential of sales as perceived by those in the business.  GW2 (and other Theme Park mmos) aren't the bane of your ideal MMO, though.  Other than some crossover people (like me), they aren't even targeting the same customers.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

I won't be buying GW2.  But I am not really into this "us vs them" mentality going around.

It's just not the game for me.  I have other choices that more than fill my needs.  But I respect the choice of those that are really excited about it.

No sub is nice, but that never entered my mind when comparing it to other games that I enjoy.

*shrug*

Originally posted by jusomdude
    Although I'm subbed to the sandbox antichrist (WoW) I'm not buying GW2. Doesn't seem like a new enough experience to warrant it. Anyways, here here!

Which begs the question as to why you spend so much time in the GW2 forums.

Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Those that don't buy the game will miss out on the new revolution!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by Derpybird

I think I whent over this with you before... I never step foot in the GW2 forums... GW2 threads are all I ever see on the ticker. So I participate in them.

• Originally posted by Kopogero

facebook doesn't count as an mmo dude. and if you're serious, i just took a big ol dump that needs cleaned. 10$ is yours bro.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

LOL, the biggest irony is that the people developing these MMORPG's on rails are sandbox players themself. Only difference is they are playing that sandbox game in real life. They know the $ generated will be very rewarding in the player driven economy outside GW2.

And this topic does not belong in general chat, cuz it's about GW2 and not about MMORPG's in general, thx.

Arche Age is a mix of themepark/sandbox and sadly it's the closest thing it gets to a AAA sandbox since a decade ago with MMORPG's like Ultima Online and SWG Pre-CU.

I think I whent over this with you before... I never step foot in the GW2 forums... GW2 threads are all I ever see on the ticker. So I participate in them.

You're in the GW2 forums.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

Do you ever get tired of trolling GW2? /sigh.....

On a side note, I would take a sit waiting on ArchAge. Don't expect it before 2014.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

It's like that preacher guy in skyrim :D

God, i killed him on sight.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

You're in the GW2 forums.

which he gave a good explanation for, now quit attacking people with different opinions with anything else then our rock solid arguments.

people that never played GW2, and cant think out of the box, will never understand how different the game is.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Not the best way to put it,

but I kinda understand OP. I've played GW2 in several beta weekends, and all I can say is - the first novelty of its gameplay wears off VERY fast.

I can see this game being popular for PvP'ers though.

This discussion has been closed.