Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of WarPlanes: Wargaming.net Acquires Big World

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming.net has announced that it has purchased Australian MMO platform developer, Big World. The acquisition of Big World allows Wargaming.net to keep all development technology 'in house'.

"This is a pivotal event that further reinforces Wargaming's growth and expansion," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming. "BigWorld Technology is helmed by highly experienced professionals, and our acquisition of it enables us to take all of its technology in house, providing a winning combination of technical expertise and service excellence to players worldwide."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679
    So What happens to the middleware now? Will it get better or will these guys horde it for their games only?...

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Its a good thing on the standpoint that Wargaming doesnt have to ask for stuff to be made on the engine now. they can just Do as they please..

But i doubt they would not continue selling its licences , more money in your pockets, why say no

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Hmmm...

Looks like Wargaming.net's "F2P" game makes enough money for them to be able to buy other studios ?

Who'd have thought people would spend so much cash on "cosmetic" upgrades for their tanks ? :D

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Hmmm...

Looks like Wargaming.net's "F2P" game makes enough money for them to be able to buy other studios ?

Who'd have thought people would spend so much cash on "cosmetic" upgrades for their tanks ? :D

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Hmmm...

I'm guilty.  I have 3 main tanks that I use, all of them are camoed and I've spent gold on converting exp/money when it was needed.  All together maybe spent ~$50-60, which I'm totally fine with paying for a F2P game since thats what most games cost today anyways.

• 100Plus100Plus Member Posts: 2
    Spending money is optional for this game. quite a fun game to play with