Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Titan will be.

Comments

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    That picture reminds me of Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger.
    Chamber of Chains
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Saxx0n

LoL.

I hope he's a good shot...there's a cow with a bazooka around the corner that needs to be taken out...

• RafadotnechiRafadotnechi Member UncommonPosts: 90

it will be Call of Duty:Pandarian Warfare 

mark my words

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

It will be the game worth upgrading my 5yo computer for.

I hope.

• petespritonpetespriton Member Posts: 22

You know, I started MMOs with Final Fantasy 11 and Shadowbane.

Blizzard could really do some amazing stuff it they tried to emulate the way that Shadowbane pulled off the most fascinating mix of RTS and MMO (in that guilds could build cities and the like, as well as have them destroyed) that I think Blizzard may be trying to get back to in like they did in Warcraft, only in an MMO format.

I really hope that Blizzard doesn't screw Titan up.  It really worries me that Blizzard is happy with the direction that WoW is going... does not bode well, but I want to have faith in them.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Apparently earlier this year there were leaked documents or something of the sort stating Titan would be a FPS, but that seems highly unlikely to me. FPS games pander to a niche audience and if they are creating something huge a lot of people need to be able to enjoy it.

Uh .. FPS has a niche audience? How many play Halo 3? How many copies of Bioshock 1 & 2 are sold?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I don't really have an idea of what it would be, if I had to gueas it would be like an MMORPG RTS hybrid. I don't really see them going sandbox, but I guess it's not out of the question. I think Blizzard could make even sandbox mainstream.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by pointchiz
    Titan will have a real money auction house AND a subscription fee. It will also freeze and become unplayable after each level you gain. Upon aquiring a level; the game will prompt you for your credit card information and charge 10$ to unlock the next level. Every chat message that you send in game will automatically charge you 25 cents on your credit card.

RMAH .. i don't mind. In fact, it is cool to be able to sell virtual stuff finally. So far, the RMAH in D3 is a net positive for me (both in cash flow & fun). It is a small amount of money .. but real money feel more "valuable" than fake gold.

I think an RMAH with a WoW type game could work. Not really for the gear but more for the consumable stuff that many don't want to farm for, like gems, enchants, pots, etc.

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    I'd want to see a diablo style MMO. I'd sub to that. OR a SC II style MMO. I think it would be cool to like level up a dark templar or a zealot or something like that. 
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by cheyane
    That picture reminds me of Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger.

Read all of them. Awesome series. Even the ones with his son.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    Originally posted by BigRock411

Titan will be a facebook game...well a facebook page with a giant "DONATE" button and you level up by giving them money.  No grinding !

Its gonna be huge!

lol awesome, it'll compete with farmville !

Originally posted by jusomdude
    Originally posted by pointchiz
    Titan will have a real money auction house AND a subscription fee. It will also freeze and become unplayable after each level you gain. Upon aquiring a level; the game will prompt you for your credit card information and charge 10$ to unlock the next level. Every chat message that you send in game will automatically charge you 25 cents on your credit card.

RMAH .. i don't mind. In fact, it is cool to be able to sell virtual stuff finally. So far, the RMAH in D3 is a net positive for me (both in cash flow & fun). It is a small amount of money .. but real money feel more "valuable" than fake gold.

I think an RMAH with a WoW type game could work. Not really for the gear but more for the consumable stuff that many don't want to farm for, like gems, enchants, pots, etc.

Or crafting material. Actually i don't mind RMAH for gear either. SOMEONE has to earn the gear first. It is really little difference than paying a friend for a BOE item.

Originally posted by prpshrt
    I'd want to see a diablo style MMO. I'd sub to that. OR a SC II style MMO. I think it would be cool to like level up a dark templar or a zealot or something like that. 

Actually i think Diablo should stick to ARPG. The core of D is dungeon roam and item progression. I don't think a world will add much to that.

I certainly don't mind more Diablo games though. I would like to see Diablo type games in different settings. There isn't a good sci-fi version yet.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I certainly don't mind more Diablo games though. I would like to see Diablo type games in different settings. There isn't a good sci-fi version yet.

i agree w you, the only game I remember trying that was Harbringer

http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Hh/Harbingerbysinger.htm

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    I doubt Titan will be fantasy.. So what's left? Sci-fi or Horror?  Bliz said it wasn't going to be Starcraft, but that doesn't mean it won't be sci fi.. maybe similar to Eve?..  And I honestly don't see them going with "realistic" graphics either.. Whatever it's suppose to be, I just hope they get away from "gear grind" like WoW, or I won't bother.. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Blizzard will pick up the project we've all been waiting for...

World of Duke Nukem Forever.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

On August 28, during the official GW2 release party, Blizzard will be introduced as the REAL creaters of GW2 and that Titan is the super-double secret project name for GW2.

:-)

Originally posted by Nadia

i agree w you, the only game I remember trying that was Harbringer

http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Hh/Harbingerbysinger.htm

Harbinger, unfortunately, is not very successful.

Actually the most successful Diablo type game NOT in a fantasy setting are the Xmen Legends, and Marvel Ultiamate Alliance games.. The super hero genre fit right in with all the power abilities and upgrades, and isometrics furious combat.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    a mmorpg attached to a RMAH thats for sure lmao
    Originally posted by Skuall

I sure hope not. I'd rather real money not be involved within the game, period. Just pay your sub and that's it. No cash shop or spiffy mounts either. Earn it in game or not at all.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Whatever it will be it surely won't go over well, much worse than D3.
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Skuall

I sure hope not. I'd rather real money not be involved within the game, period. Just pay your sub and that's it. No cash shop or spiffy mounts either. Earn it in game or not at all.

No subs. I am not going to play  a sub game any more.

Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Whatever it will be it surely won't go over well, much worse than D3.

I think Blizz would be more than happy to match D3's performance, selling 10M copies in less than 3 months.